Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

In your opinion what year had better movies 1999 or 2000?

In my opinion, 1999

FewVelvetyIndusriverdolphin-size_restricted.gif

Few of my favorites from that year:

Ghost Dog
American Pie
American beauty
Sixth Sense
Boys Don't Cry
October Sky
The Wood

I’ll go with 1999. Off the top of my head...

The Matrix
Fight Club
American Beauty
Magnolia
The Iron Giant
Office Space
American Pie
South Park Movie
Election
10 Things I Hate About You
Blair Witch Project
The 6th Sense
Being John Malkovich
Three Kings
Talented Mr. Ripley
Audition

99’ is one of the GOAT years for movies.

94’ is up there also.

Shawshank Redemption and Pulp Fiction lost to Forrest Gump in that years oscars.

dumb and dumber, the mask, ace Ventura all that year. Lion king. The Professional. Speed, Clerks, Interview with a Vampire.

ooooh but 99’ had saving private Ryan......
okay 1999 is GOAT

Edit* Ryan was 98’ never mind.

Yeah 94 was lit.

Fresh
The Crow
Clerks
The Professional
Lion King
Speed
True Lies

Pulp Fiction is my fav movie of all time

Edit: just saw that Ace Ventura, The Mask, and Dumb and Dumber came out in 94 also. Hell of a run for Jim Carey

Anyone watching Avenue 5 on HBO?

All these kids downplaying what's going and partying on beaches reminds me of Avenue 5 where everyone thinks the spaceship isn't in space. The airlock chamber scene 🤪 🤣

All these kids downplaying what's going and partying on beaches reminds me of Avenue 5 where everyone thinks the spaceship isn't in space. The airlock chamber scene 🤪 🤣

oh **** I forgot I started that. I think I watched 4 episodes? I liked what I saw so far. I can def see the parallel with space partying and reckless regard for health/safety being a lot like the current state of party events 🤣

oh **** I forgot I started that. I think I watched 4 episodes? I liked what I saw so far. I can def see the parallel with space partying and reckless regard for health/safety being a lot like the current state of party events 🤣
Nah...just wait. There's a ridiculous episode coming. Episode 8. You'll notice the similarities in that episode 100% :rofl: Trust me, it's worth it. I showed just that scene to my brother who hasn't seen any episodes and he was dying of laughter. The episode is called "The wig is up" 🤣

**** is hilarious.

That whole this is a simulation ep was crazy :lol: Like 8 ppl just up and killed themselves. The reaction and the way it was handled :rofl:

Show has a real good cast.

Speaking of 99. I jacked this from the movie theater when I was younger and hang it in my room wherever I go for some reason.

20200319_220609.jpg

Rewatching Shutter Island. Such a criminally underrated movie. Everybody at the peak of their abilities, including Scorsese. I know its loved here on NT, but I'm still shocked by how underrated it is outside of some small pockets of the internet.

Back
Top Bottom