Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Speaking of Jennifer Lawerence, I need to watch Red Sparrow.
I have been skipping that one for reasons unknown.
Tonight, we ball
Man I know exactly why I skipped it.
It’s not that you “can’t” trust reviews of others, but you have to see whatever it is for yourself.

I can’t be talked in or out of FILMS any more.
I’ll watch some stupid a word s word just because, so yea…Red Sparrow getting the immediate rewatch treatment.

Dude what the ****?

Like seriously…what the actual ****?

76040D0A-F803-4CF2-81AE-5BFB752439D7.jpeg
I mean, I’ve seen way worse :lol:

So I finally got around to watching You People on Netflix. 6.5/8

I enjoyed it a lot, it is definitely one of the better Netflix originals. Lauren's family played an exaggerated version of some folks I know :lol: so I'm guessing Jonah's side may have been pretty accurate as well.

As far as the ratings on Rotten Tomatoes...unwarranted, but I get it, 100%. Not only do people not want to address some of the things brought up in the movie, they don't even want to HEAR it :smh: In fact, I was letting this movie fall down my watch list until I spoke to a white guy who told me how much he hated it :lol:

So I finally got around to watching You People on Netflix. 6.5/8

I enjoyed it a lot, it is definitely one of the better Netflix originals. Lauren's family played an exaggerated version of some folks I know :lol: so I'm guessing Jonah's side may have been pretty accurate as well.

As far as the ratings on Rotten Tomatoes...unwarranted, but I get it, 100%. Not only do people not want to address some of the things brought up in the movie, they don't even want to HEAR it :smh: In fact, I was letting this movie fall down my watch list until I spoke to a white guy who told me how much he hated it :lol:
I can confirm that. Very accurate :lol:

Just finished watching Belly in 4K and that movie really delivers. Accurately portrays things in the late 90s early 00s. Makes me sad that DMX couldn't get things together because he was a solid actor.

Just finished watching Casablanca in 4K and now I understand why that movie gets so much praise. Great story and great acting. The 4K transfer is amazing. My only critique is that Rick was friendzoned but glad that he was. He did the right thing.

Clint Eastwood just made a movie last year when he was 91.

Think some old folks feel like staying busy helps keep them alive.

From article:

Logline details are being kept in a suitcase but sources describe the story as being set in late 1970s Los Angeles with a female lead at its center.

It is possible the story focuses on Pauline Kael, one of the most influential movie critics of all time. Kael, who died in 2001, was not just a critic but also an essayist and novelist. She was known for her pugnacious fights with editors as well as filmmakers. In the late 1970s, Kael had a very brief tenure working as a consultant for Paramount, a position she accepted at the behest of actor Warren Beatty. The timing of that Paramount job seems to coincide with the setting of the script — and the filmmaker is known to have a deep respect for Kael, making the odds of her being the subject of the film more likely.

Saw The Harder They Fall today for the first time.

I really enjoyed it. Stylish direction, solid performances, and a lot of talent in the cast.

Saw Malcolm X in 4K and how did Denzel not get an academy award for that film? I guess movies about historical characters don’t win but him and Angela killed that film. This film looks great in 4K and I wish the ending wasn’t true but I know that it is.

What lies Beneath (2000)
The Cell (2000)
Hannibal (2001)
The Ring
Red Dragon
Cabin Fever :lol:
Identity
Dawn of the Dead (2004)
The Village
Constantine
Brothers Grimm (Guilty pleasure film)

That gets you through 05’. Part 2 will be later