Oh My! Speed Turf AKA Dan Marino's Coming Summer 2012!!

Jordan is the name of the damn brand/line, dude. Analogy fail.
Personally, when I went into stores to ask about them, I said, "Are you getting the Speed Turfs in the Dolphins colorway?"

LOL Exactly. Dudes are honestly making it a bigger deal than it should of been.

In other news.........How about the new cw's? navy or the 49ers?

Navys drop Sept. 15 according to FTL's release calendar. Those will be a maybe on sale cop for me but I'm all in for the 49ers CW whenever it drops. I'm guessing either Oct. or Nov.

Last edited:
I plan on having every color of these except that white/royal/black/red colorway or whatever those were

Yeah so far I have the black pair, Dolphin cw, and I just may get the navy ones (on sale). I don't think I've ever bought 3 pair of the same shoes before. Anyway, as cold as the 49er ones look, I just may have to pass those up.

my local shop just reloaded on these. FSR. I can get any size you want for retail including shipping. Message me your size and I would be glad to help any NTer out. Peace

Anyone else hit this guy up? I did and he didn't respond as soon as I sent him my payment. Starting to feel a little uneasy about this.

Nike is to blame for me feeling this way! If they would have just released all of these at one time on release day, I wouldn't have to worry about this!

Anyone else hit this guy up? I did and he didn't respond as soon as I sent him my payment. Starting to feel a little uneasy about this.
Nike is to blame for me feeling this way! If they would have just released all of these at one time on release day, I wouldn't have to worry about this!
He harassed me via PM about him helping to get me a pair. I politely declined. Something didn't seem right how eager he was to help. I'm all for NTers helping each other, but I smelled scammed all over him. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Don't blame Nike for you going off on impulse. These restock weekly, just be patient.

Last edited:
my local shop just reloaded on these. FSR. I can get any size you want for retail including shipping. Message me your size and I would be glad to help any NTer out. Peace

Did you pay via gift?

got my hat in today....def better then the other 2 ne's thats out
33ngm5k.jpg

:x that's not even close

I think it's a generation thing. People who have no concept of Dan Marino or who he was, might call them Dolphins instead.

Emmitt Smith's will become Cowboys :lol:

Funny discussion :nerd:

I think it's a generation thing. People who have no concept of Dan Marino or who he was, might call them Dolphins instead.

i begged a differ.
honestly, teams get associated with a player's team all of the time.

we hear orlando pennies or the 49ers deons all of the time. i cant see how these are any different.

also, we all know team colors are tweaked over time. im sure these were closer to the uniforms they were at one point or another while marino played for the dolphins.

I also beg to differ. I've been a lifelong Dolphins fan & use both names interchangeably although I must admit I wasn't up on the OGs when they dropped nor was I aware of their connection to Dan Marino until a couple years ago. When these dropped in 95 I was 7 & wasn't into kicks at the time, lol.

He harassed me via PM about him helping to get me a pair. I politely declined. Something didn't seem right how eager he was to help. I'm all for NTers helping each other, but I smelled scammed all over him. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Don't blame Nike for you going off on impulse. These restock weekly, just be patient.

man, I hope so.... it'll be just my luck though that now that I'm ACTUALLY waiting for the restock, I'mma miss out =/

Were these in nikestores???

I also beg to differ. I've been a lifelong Dolphins fan & use both names interchangeably although I must admit I wasn't up on the OGs when they dropped nor was I aware of their connection to Dan Marino until a couple years ago. When these dropped in 95 I was 7 & wasn't into kicks at the time, lol.

What connection to Marino? I think it's us here on the sneaker boards who have generalized these into being NAMED something.. All these shoes need a nickname now a days.

I don't think Miami or Marino had any association what so ever back when these released. So it is not surprising these match almost nothing Miami related.

If anything call the model the steve youngs, as he at least wore them.

Wally,

It's been mentioned many times up thread that Marino didn't actually wear them. ...What are you going to do.

Have you tried any of the Niketown stores to see if they can ship to you?

I went to the NDC chat and had a rep do a stock locate... she said they were all gone. Now are they all actually gone? Who knows.... plus I know finding my size (6 or 6.5) is gonna be a pain because most stores start at a men's 8. That's why I buy alot of my stuff online when it comes to kicks that don't come in GS... but may start a 6 or 7. Am I making sense??

However, I may just call NDC and do a stock locate that way. I was even expecting to see a pair or two on the 'bay but NOPE!

**first and foremost thanks to all the love I got in my PM's, I appreciate the help. Second, my size is 6.5, but it looks like the only thing I can find is a 7. Do these run small or TTS?

Last edited:
I went to the NDC chat and had a rep do a stock locate... she said they were all gone. Now are they all actually gone? Who knows.... plus I know finding my size (6 or 6.5) is gonna be a pain because most stores start at a men's 8. That's why I buy alot of my stuff online when it comes to kicks that don't come in GS... but may start a 6 or 7. Am I making sense??
However, I may just call NDC and do a stock locate that way. I was even expecting to see a pair or two on the 'bay but NOPE!

**first and foremost thanks to all the love I got in my PM's, I appreciate the help. Second, my size is 6.5, but it looks like the only thing I can find is a 7. Do these run small or TTS?
I think you should be good with the 7, I half sized up on my personal pair, and a majority of my customers half sized up as well. Worse case scenario double up on socks!

Please give CSRVR a call. The vegas or Santa Monica store might have them still

What connection to Marino? I think it's us here on the sneaker boards who have generalized these into being NAMED something.. All these shoes need a nickname now a days.
I don't think Miami or Marino had any association what so ever back when these released. So it is not surprising these match almost nothing Miami related.
If anything call the model the steve youngs, as he at least wore them.

I've previously read somewhere (on NT I believe) that Marino did a commercial or something for the Speed Turfs. Again I wasn't up on these when they originally dropped. I don't get hung up on nicknames anyways though. Dudes could call these the air doo doos for all i care. If i'm feeling the look &/or feel of a shoe, i'll cop. If not then I won't.

waiting for the all black pair to go on sale. will be a dope everyday winter shoe. any word on the ny giants colorway?

Back
Top Bottom