Oh My! Speed Turf AKA Dan Marino's Coming Summer 2012!!

Wore these all day today. Must have walked a few miles at least, and these were super comfy. Normally when I walk alot in most nikes or Js my feet hurt even after a lil bit. Not a problem here. When I first got these, I couldnt feel the air in the back at all, but after wearing em for long enough, it gets softer. I did encounter one problem though, since I wear mines un strapped, they were fine at first, but after a few hours, the inner loop for the strap that you pull it through on the inside of my left shoe just like fell over. Like it wouldntt stay straight up like it is supposed to, so im not really sure how to fix that. Ive got em stored in the box now with the strap pulled hella tight on that one to see if it will help keep it up when i wear em, but we'll see. Oh, and do these pill the hell out of anyone elses socks???!?!?! I have never really had a problem with piling on my socks, or atleast the pill winding up on the heel sockliner, but damn is it bad on these. My white nike pair got all over em, but those were a lil pilly in the first place. Now, my brand new, 1st time wear, polo socks got pilly as a @%#$$%#@$^# ... seems strange. I guess its just the way my foot rubs and when I walk.

This was a problem on many shoes like that, at least back in the day. For me, the Air Trainer Huarache OGs always did that to me. ...Haven't worn a pair of the retros often enough to know if the problem persists in the retro.

Some people actually used to lace through the hole that the strap is supposed to pull through, so it stays pulled close to the shoe and doesn't flap open. For the real cool kids, the strap just fell perfectly into place, magically, like Zack Morris's hair or something... :tongue:

Last edited:
Nice photos of these with dolphin gear.. Although it doesnt look like a true match... After all , these arent even supposed to be associated with Miami or Dan Marino. So I guess it was wishful thinking that something could be matched for once with dolphin gear.

Then again, over the years apparel companies have used their own shades of aqua and orange, so there may be some stuff that is a nice match..

pull the shoe lace through the middle where sticky meets velcro and through lace hole and viola...no dunk strap anymore.

I do that with huaraches, DT 1-2 and these. And I agree...most comfy turf in my history.

they sitting in alot of spots in NYC....imma get em, but i aint gonna be sucked into da hype for em.

No matter how many times they restock...they're going to keep selling out.

Not suprised, the shoe is nice in pics...but in person it's a whole new level of dope.

FA wouldn't allow me to use my discount code since it was a new release so I ended up paying retail + shipping. Called in and asked why they removed my discount when it went through upon purchase. The lady in customer service said they weren't allowed to be purchased with any discount code since it was the initial release. Glad I caught the restock on NDC today and copped another 2 pair with a 10% discount and free shipping. Saves me around $60 bucks. Plan to send the two from FA back.

^comfort wise yes(these kicks are a lil uncomfortable)....but design wise and everything else no
wore mines today

imkrwx.jpg

I don't usually like Polo but that is a great looking shirt

So after the NDC "restock" sells out my pair comes in today from Champs & of course I'm disappointed. 1st off they didn't double box & the box is a little smashed up. :smh:

Not a huge deal if it would've stopped there but both of the toeboxes are pre-creased. :x

And one of the pull tabs in the back is deformed. >:

Tried them on & the size 13 is a perfect fit & I'm a sz. 12-12.5 in most shoes but I guess now I gotta hope for another NDC "restock" or FNL to come through b/c these are going back. Damn you Champs. :frown:

Last edited:
^ yeah that pulltab is terrible i don't blame you for sending them back the little creases i could deal with but that pull tab that's a problem

Got my pair in yesterday. Flawless. When I opened the box they looked big, I was afraid it was goin to be too loose on me but when I put em on they were TTS. I can see why people say .5 size up tho cause it's kinda narrow at the toe. I wished that strap was longer tho cause I don't like having straps hanging but I don't really have a choice cause it looks ******ed when you strap it and the straps too short. Nice release tho. Waiting on those Navy ones to release..

Just picked up the black and whites. Had to hit up four stores in my mall to get my size. Jimmy Jazz was the only place with an 11.

Yeah, I'd say just pulling the laces through that loop should help hold it in place. These in particular are not as bad as far as strap-flop, but Dt's and Huarache's are notorious for this. One of the reasons I tend to steer away from kicks with a top strap these days but I figure something out if I have to. For example, on the DT2's, I had to do something for the right side because the strap started to flop around pretty bad by the end of the first day wearing them. I looped the lace through the hole on the outside of the strap and then back up and under the inside. I can still wear the laces untied and the strap stays in place. Only had to to do this on the right shoe, not the left (at least so far). Just can't do it with DT1's or huarache trainers, you would have to use Ty's lace-sacrifice method of loosely tying the laces and then closing the strap down on the end of the laces so it's attached and held down on the shoe.

Pic for reference:

got my pair n love them! Un-ds'd today at work....took pix etc....after lunch jus happened to look down to admire the detail of the shoes n lo & behold!

F***ING pull-tab. I'll survive but this means i might hafto double up

got my pair n love them! Un-ds'd today at work....took pix etc....after lunch jus happened to look down to admire the detail of the shoes n lo & behold!
F***ING pull-tab. I'll survive but this means i might hafto double up

:smh: I would send those back immediately!!!...after I got by 2nd pair :tongue:

But definitely going back.

Last edited:
I guess the quality on these aren't as good as we thought. Reminder to self: Do not use pull tab.

mu2ri, depending on whatever store you ordered from, I would bring them back and see if they will allow you to exchange. But then you gotta be able to find them in store too.

is the pull tab deformed, or just creased like as if it was smashed for a long period of time? I have pull tabs on other shoes like that, only from being boxed up and smashed against the inside of the box for a long period of time, so it just stayed that way for a while once taken out of the box.

is the pull tab deformed, or just creased like as if it was smashed for a long period of time? I have pull tabs on other shoes like that, only from being boxed up and smashed against the inside of the box for a long period of time, so it just stayed that way for a while once taken out of the box.

Looks like it may be a stitching error. And the right toebox is even more creased than the left one I posted a pic of. Praying I can find another restock & send these back.

Back
Top Bottom