Oh wow...my gf broke up w/me bc her grand parents don't approve of interracial relationships.

Originally Posted by iliketurtles

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

My ex...

i think the grandparents did you a favor
959295-sj_shoulder_shrug_super.jpg

lmao mannnnnnnnnnnnnn

and u make a thread about this this shid i dont even know what to call thatl ol

lmao mannnnnnnnnnnnnn

and u make a thread about this this shid i dont even know what to call thatl ol

Forget all of the immature responses. I would personally arrange to have a meeting with her family to discuss this. How much have you interacted with them to give them a chance to see that you are human?

Also maybe writing a letter to her family as a whole?

Forget all of the immature responses. I would personally arrange to have a meeting with her family to discuss this. How much have you interacted with them to give them a chance to see that you are human?

DC I don't think that's gonna work. It's really complicated.

First off, she's not only in grad school, but battling a multitude of problems, one being possible bipolarism. Second, her mother is battling breast cancer and does not need the stress of having to deal with her parents in-law and their ancient, trivial ways. Thirdly, we've tried this thing so many times and just when I think we got something good going, I'm hit with the news that not only does her grand parents approve of our relationship, her family doesn't either.

I wish there was a way I could plead to them to accept me, but I refuse to bow to anyone who pre-judges me based solely on the color of my skin. It's not even worth it.

If she wants to grow up and become her own person, she can talk to me. I don't need this triangle, trying to fend not only for her affection, but the good graces of her family.

It's really not that serious. Life goes on.

DC I don't think that's gonna work. It's really complicated.

First off, she's not only in grad school, but battling a multitude of problems, one being possible bipolarism. Second, her mother is battling breast cancer and does not need the stress of having to deal with her parents in-law and their ancient, trivial ways. Thirdly, we've tried this thing so many times and just when I think we got something good going, I'm hit with the news that not only does her grand parents approve of our relationship, her family doesn't either.

I wish there was a way I could plead to them to accept me, but I refuse to bow to anyone who pre-judges me based solely on the color of my skin. It's not even worth it.

If she wants to grow up and become her own person, she can talk to me. I don't need this triangle, trying to fend not only for her affection, but the good graces of her family.

It's really not that serious. Life goes on.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

somethings just aren't worth the fight...if she couldn't convince them he damn sure cant...they might not even think he's not human...they just dont want him for her...

i refuse to believe this thread is about that girl in the picture tho...nope i wont believe it 

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

somethings just aren't worth the fight...if she couldn't convince them he damn sure cant...they might not even think he's not human...they just dont want him for her...

i refuse to believe this thread is about that girl in the picture tho...nope i wont believe it 

Originally Posted by iwantakazoozle

Originally Posted by ImReallyDirkNowitzki

Originally Posted by jimmybeanz

Originally Posted by seniosoul

if she loved you she wouldn't care what anyone said.
she don't love you and she don't got your back...take it in stride and keep moving.
This, she showed her true colors...you don't want a girl like that anyway. She did you a favor.
that's ridiculous. this doesn't mean that she doesn't love him, but she probably loves her family more. what should be more important to her, her on-again-off-again boyfriend, or the people who raised her? it's unfair, but that's life, we can't always do whatever we want.
She might love her family more, but if she loves him, she'd find a way to make it work, she wouldn't just end things. I've been in a similar situation before, it's tough..

Originally Posted by iwantakazoozle

Originally Posted by ImReallyDirkNowitzki

Originally Posted by jimmybeanz

Originally Posted by seniosoul

if she loved you she wouldn't care what anyone said.
she don't love you and she don't got your back...take it in stride and keep moving.
This, she showed her true colors...you don't want a girl like that anyway. She did you a favor.
that's ridiculous. this doesn't mean that she doesn't love him, but she probably loves her family more. what should be more important to her, her on-again-off-again boyfriend, or the people who raised her? it's unfair, but that's life, we can't always do whatever we want.
She might love her family more, but if she loves him, she'd find a way to make it work, she wouldn't just end things. I've been in a similar situation before, it's tough..

Back
Top Bottom