Oh wow...my gf broke up w/me bc her grand parents don't approve of interracial relationships.

in high school i was dating a colombian dude and my mother and i decide to tell my grandmother (who is a racist italian woman) but show her a picture of my friend who is dark-skinned....
mannnn... she was like ugh you don't see elephants *!$++%$ dogs do you.... i'm like how illogical are you those are two different species... you do see two different breeds of dogs though... which is essentially what is happening right now
indifferent.gif
shut her up good. racism from the older generations will remain until they all die off

Originally Posted by SiMPLYDiMPLY

in high school i was dating a colombian dude and my mother and i decide to tell my grandmother (who is a racist italian woman) but show her a picture of my friend who is dark-skinned....
mannnn... she was like ugh you don't see elephants *!$++%$ dogs do you.... i'm like how illogical are you those are two different species... you do see two different breeds of dogs though... which is essentially what is happening right now
indifferent.gif
shut her up good. racism from the older generations will remain until they all die off
Trrrruth

indifferent.gif
Trrrruth

How is that being real, Mytmouse? You don't stop dating the one you love because your parents don't approve their skin color. You know whats being real? Telling your parents that the person they date has nothing to do with them. Thats being real. I can't fathom a couple IN LOVE breaking up because of one's parents disapproval. Pish posh

How is that being real, Mytmouse? You don't stop dating the one you love because your parents don't approve their skin color. You know whats being real? Telling your parents that the person they date has nothing to do with them. Thats being real. I can't fathom a couple IN LOVE breaking up because of one's parents disapproval. Pish posh

Originally Posted by I RUN NEW YORK

he already said they were on/off...whether its cuz of her fam or other reasons i dont know...

they have been there for her since day one...she's had bfs before him and will have some after him...for some people their family's opinion is just that important to them...as unfair as it is for her family to do that to her its just as unfair for him to expect her to pick him over them...especially if its not even a stable relationship...she was gonna lose either way so it seems she went w/whats she's always known...

i'm not saying its right AT ALL cuz i would def. lose respect for my parents if they did something like that but its not as easy as just letting go of people who have been in your life since you were born for something thats on/off...they've loved before and they'll love other people after this...

Originally Posted by I RUN NEW YORK

he already said they were on/off...whether its cuz of her fam or other reasons i dont know...

they have been there for her since day one...she's had bfs before him and will have some after him...for some people their family's opinion is just that important to them...as unfair as it is for her family to do that to her its just as unfair for him to expect her to pick him over them...especially if its not even a stable relationship...she was gonna lose either way so it seems she went w/whats she's always known...

i'm not saying its right AT ALL cuz i would def. lose respect for my parents if they did something like that but its not as easy as just letting go of people who have been in your life since you were born for something thats on/off...they've loved before and they'll love other people after this...

Originally Posted by dad

Dad does not approve of her parents' immature and close-minded response to the situation. However, the worst part is that your girlfriend sided with them. If she's not strong enough to fight for you and what she really wants, then Dad wonders if she's worth your time and effort. It sucks, but it's out of your hands and it's on her. If she so easily lets you go, then she was never worth it to begin with.

Dad comes from an Asian family, and Dad has an Asian cousin that married a Black male. Her parents disowned her, never attended her wedding, and rarely talk to her. However, all of her other relatives inclusive of Dad supported her through the whole ordeal, and we see the couple at least twice a year every family reunion; they're honestly awesome! It's such a shame that the older generation is so close-minded.

Parental approval means nothing, you and your girlfriend are responsible for your own happiness.

thanks dad you're the best

Originally Posted by dad

Dad does not approve of her parents' immature and close-minded response to the situation. However, the worst part is that your girlfriend sided with them. If she's not strong enough to fight for you and what she really wants, then Dad wonders if she's worth your time and effort. It sucks, but it's out of your hands and it's on her. If she so easily lets you go, then she was never worth it to begin with.

Dad comes from an Asian family, and Dad has an Asian cousin that married a Black male. Her parents disowned her, never attended her wedding, and rarely talk to her. However, all of her other relatives inclusive of Dad supported her through the whole ordeal, and we see the couple at least twice a year every family reunion; they're honestly awesome! It's such a shame that the older generation is so close-minded.

Parental approval means nothing, you and your girlfriend are responsible for your own happiness.

thanks dad you're the best

why are people still against mixed couples? my boy went to nyc with his girl. he's white, she's black. and people were trippin bout them being together. where we live it's not like that (holland).. there they hate everyone that's not dutch/white

why are people still against mixed couples? my boy went to nyc with his girl. he's white, she's black. and people were trippin bout them being together. where we live it's not like that (holland).. there they hate everyone that's not dutch/white

Originally Posted by jimmybeanz

Originally Posted by seniosoul

if she loved you she wouldn't care what anyone said.
she don't love you and she don't got your back...take it in stride and keep moving.
nah man.  she must be asian.  thats just how it is with asian families, ESPECIALLY the grandparents.  i'm sorry to hear that op, i know if i were dating a black girl i'd be in the same boat as her.

Originally Posted by jimmybeanz

Originally Posted by seniosoul

if she loved you she wouldn't care what anyone said.
she don't love you and she don't got your back...take it in stride and keep moving.
nah man.  she must be asian.  thats just how it is with asian families, ESPECIALLY the grandparents.  i'm sorry to hear that op, i know if i were dating a black girl i'd be in the same boat as her.

No lie, I would tell her straight up "thanks, you did me a favor because I want a girl with a mind of her own anyway."

No lie, I would tell her straight up "thanks, you did me a favor because I want a girl with a mind of her own anyway."

Originally Posted by RAWse

indifferent.gif
Trrrruth
Nah the racism  of the older generation just gets passed down to the younger generation and they will grow up to be low key racists on niketalk then they will pass it on to their children!  its a cycle 

Originally Posted by RAWse

indifferent.gif
Trrrruth
Nah the racism  of the older generation just gets passed down to the younger generation and they will grow up to be low key racists on niketalk then they will pass it on to their children!  its a cycle 

Tell you the truth, seems like she let people get to her, if she really loves you and wanted to be with you, she would stick it out for you....cuz when her grandparents are long gone, you guys would still be around. Just do you and keep this as a learning experiment... personally, we all need to go through these type of situations at some point in our lives, so we can help others out who going through em....

Tell you the truth, seems like she let people get to her, if she really loves you and wanted to be with you, she would stick it out for you....cuz when her grandparents are long gone, you guys would still be around. Just do you and keep this as a learning experiment... personally, we all need to go through these type of situations at some point in our lives, so we can help others out who going through em....

Back
Top Bottom