Okay, can we FINALLY admit.....

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

"Dude got frustrated and left, im just reserving judgment till playoffs and this time he has no excuse."

Yes, because should LeBron do his thing and Wade or Bosh not play well in a series, the Heat don't win a title. And yet that's LeBron's fault?

Kobe has played well in plenty of playoff series where his team didn't win because others weren't doing their job. So that's also his fault, right?EDIT: DCAllAmerican nailed it.

You got a point, but i doubt wade and bosh will have a bad series as oppose to a bad game.

Even then, i see where youre coming from.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

When has a LeBron lead team ever been THE favorite to win it all? He has been a contender, but never THE favorite. So why is he being judged so unfairly when he hasn't lead his team to a ring.
HC for 2 straight seasons don't make them the favorites? 
grin.gif

Slice it up any damn way you please, if it don't happen this year, he's 0-8.  8 years, 8 ringless years.  I don't care what you or anybody else wants to say or make excuses for, this @#$%^&^%$#@ is the "chosen one" and only choice he's made is to join another team.  When he gon Choose WINNING? 

KG come into the league outta high school, he don't give himself nicknames and annoint himself King anything, and he don't win, nobody gets mad at him.  People mention it, it sticks with you your whole career when you haven't won, but nobody harps on it or focuses on it.  Bron didn't go that route.  He calls himself King, he calls himself Chosen one, he runs around pupeteering the Cavs entire org to the tune of all his boys having free reign in that orgaization, but yet, 0-7. 

When or if he wins, fine, he's done it now, now we can all sit back and enjoy and see where his career takes him.  Til then, he sits at the table with Chuck, Malone, Stock, Ewing, Reggie.  Still good company, still a great table to be at, but he don't get to sit at the MJ, Russell, Magic, Bird, Kobe table.  It's that simple.  

Every year he don't win, the louder it will get.  Make all the excuses you want.  All the other guys found ways to get it done, one way or another.  Whatever excuse you want to give them.  None of those guys went 0-8, period.  (if it don't happen this year for him, 0-7 otherwise)  Make sure I put that out there so people don't go nuts on me. 
laugh.gif

When has a LeBron lead team ever been THE favorite to win it all? He has been a contender, but never THE favorite. So why is he being judged so unfairly when he hasn't lead his team to a ring.
grin.gif

Slice it up any damn way you please, if it don't happen this year, he's 0-8.  8 years, 8 ringless years.  I don't care what you or anybody else wants to say or make excuses for, this @#$%^&^%$#@ is the "chosen one" and only choice he's made is to join another team.  When he gon Choose WINNING? 

KG come into the league outta high school, he don't give himself nicknames and annoint himself King anything, and he don't win, nobody gets mad at him.  People mention it, it sticks with you your whole career when you haven't won, but nobody harps on it or focuses on it.  Bron didn't go that route.  He calls himself King, he calls himself Chosen one, he runs around pupeteering the Cavs entire org to the tune of all his boys having free reign in that orgaization, but yet, 0-7. 

When or if he wins, fine, he's done it now, now we can all sit back and enjoy and see where his career takes him.  Til then, he sits at the table with Chuck, Malone, Stock, Ewing, Reggie.  Still good company, still a great table to be at, but he don't get to sit at the MJ, Russell, Magic, Bird, Kobe table.  It's that simple.  

Every year he don't win, the louder it will get.  Make all the excuses you want.  All the other guys found ways to get it done, one way or another.  Whatever excuse you want to give them.  None of those guys went 0-8, period.  (if it don't happen this year for him, 0-7 otherwise)  Make sure I put that out there so people don't go nuts on me. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

so when they lose it's not just on lebron, but when they win or have a great record it is the importance of lebron on that team or how lebron had that effect on the team... so only when it is bad news people say it's not only lebron on the team.. but when they win "lebron carried the team to a win'... is that how it goes?

wanting all the shine for winning, but not the responsibility for losing?
1. When they win it isn't all on LeBron. His positive influence matters more in wins than his negative influence matters during loses. When they win, it is more because of his presence than when they lose being because he didn't show up. When they lose, it is because of others (for the most part). Not saying he is perfect, but I never question LeBron's production and/or desire. And please don't bring up a situation in which he was pissed off at his teammates for not telling him that his mother got banged. Rare situation, shouldn't even be used against the man to question his heart.

So again, my point.
Cavs win: LeBron high influence. Teammates helped out of course.
Cavs lose: LeBron does the SAME THING, but the role players didn't show up. Team couldn't defend. Many factors.

So when they win, it is more because of him compared to when they lose.

2. Who said HE wants the shine?

so when they lose it's not just on lebron, but when they win or have a great record it is the importance of lebron on that team or how lebron had that effect on the team... so only when it is bad news people say it's not only lebron on the team.. but when they win "lebron carried the team to a win'... is that how it goes?

1. When they win it isn't all on LeBron. His positive influence matters more in wins than his negative influence matters during loses. When they win, it is more because of his presence than when they lose being because he didn't show up. When they lose, it is because of others (for the most part). Not saying he is perfect, but I never question LeBron's production and/or desire. And please don't bring up a situation in which he was pissed off at his teammates for not telling him that his mother got banged. Rare situation, shouldn't even be used against the man to question his heart.

So again, my point.
Cavs lose: LeBron does the SAME THING, but the role players didn't show up. Team couldn't defend. Many factors.

Originally Posted by CP1708

grin.gif

laugh.gif

lebron had no pippen, shaq, kareem...he had all role players
now he has a wingman..but i still think he has no sufficient role players. 

kobe lost with pau and odom...but you guys think bron, wade, and bosh have to automatically win this year. smdh

grin.gif

laugh.gif

kobe lost with pau and odom...but you guys think bron, wade, and bosh have to automatically win this year. smdh

So again, my point.

sorry brah... dont agree with you.. you win as a team, you lose as team... so putting lebron up there cause of his influence? please... win or lose he's just as much to blame as the #12 on the bench.. cause it's a team, not team lebron.. yeah more depends on him, but if he takes credit for winning, he should also step up when they lose.. you can have it just one way

So again, my point.

sorry brah... dont agree with you.. you win as a team, you lose as team... so putting lebron up there cause of his influence? please... win or lose he's just as much to blame as the #12 on the bench.. cause it's a team, not team lebron.. yeah more depends on him, but if he takes credit for winning, he should also step up when they lose.. you can have it just one way

"Make all the excuses you want.  All the other guys found ways to get it done, one way or another."

By THEMSELVES, right? Gee, that should say alot about Kobe's championships from 2003 to 2008.

Also, what the hell does LeBron's nickname have to do with the fact that winning or losing is a team and not individual activity? That fact doesn't change no matter how you feel about LeBron or any other player.

"Make all the excuses you want.  All the other guys found ways to get it done, one way or another."

By THEMSELVES, right? Gee, that should say alot about Kobe's championships from 2003 to 2008.

Also, what the hell does LeBron's nickname have to do with the fact that winning or losing is a team and not individual activity? That fact doesn't change no matter how you feel about LeBron or any other player.

Originally Posted by blazinRook

That's a fair point.  I would take them making the finals, and winning a couple games (even if they lose the series) but at least won a finals game (Bron's first) as a sign, ok, he's coming.  He's going to get it. 

Until that point, I look at him the same light, one of those elites that never wins anything.  Just how I look at it so far. 

wanting all the shine for winning, but not the responsibility for losing

1. The guy had "Chosen One" tattooed on his back when he was 18 years old.
2. He sat in a throne for his first poster with Nike before he'd even played a game.
3. When asked what he wanted from his career/what he wanted to be, his answer was "global icon".

The arrogance he throws out on a nightly/monthly/yearly basis is annoying as hell to see, especially when he hasn't done anything of real worth other than individual accolades.

wanting all the shine for winning, but not the responsibility for losing

2. He sat in a throne for his first poster with Nike before he'd even played a game.
3. When asked what he wanted from his career/what he wanted to be, his answer was "global icon".

The arrogance he throws out on a nightly/monthly/yearly basis is annoying as hell to see, especially when he hasn't done anything of real worth other than individual accolades.

That's a fair point.  I would take them making the finals, and winning a couple games (even if they lose the series) but at least won a finals game (Bron's first) as a sign, ok, he's coming.  He's going to get it. 

Until that point, I look at him the same light, one of those elites that never wins anything.  Just how I look at it so far. 

"Make all the excuses you want. 

By THEMSELVES, right?

By THEMSELVES, right?

Originally Posted by fearthenut

None of that is a direct equation of him WANTING the shine when he does X.Y,Z for a team and the team wins. He is an arrogant individual according to the media. I don't personally know him though to say he is absolutely arrogant.

But this is a senseless side argument. Let's not spend time discussing arrogance. You can win this one if you want, I tap out.

Originally Posted by fearthenut

None of that is a direct equation of him WANTING the shine when he does X.Y,Z for a team and the team wins. He is an arrogant individual according to the media. I don't personally know him though to say he is absolutely arrogant.

But this is a senseless side argument. Let's not spend time discussing arrogance. You can win this one if you want, I tap out.

Yea you win as a team and lose as a team but certain players play a bigger role in those loses than other players. I don't think that is really up for argument. LeBron comes to play every night. It depends on how his teammates played in Cleveland whether or not they succeeded.

You can not put the same blame on the #12 guy (who doesn't get in the game during the playoffs) to Mo Williams who virtually disappeared during most of the Cavs loses in the playoffs.

Philosophically, "everyone plays the same role" sounds good when building team chemistry, but no coach believes that deep down in their heart. It is just a sounds good phrase that makes the 12 man want to come to practice and play hard everyday. It shouldn't be taken literally.

Yea you win as a team and lose as a team but certain players play a bigger role in those loses than other players. I don't think that is really up for argument. LeBron comes to play every night. It depends on how his teammates played in Cleveland whether or not they succeeded.

You can not put the same blame on the #12 guy (who doesn't get in the game during the playoffs) to Mo Williams who virtually disappeared during most of the Cavs loses in the playoffs.

Philosophically, "everyone plays the same role" sounds good when building team chemistry, but no coach believes that deep down in their heart. It is just a sounds good phrase that makes the 12 man want to come to practice and play hard everyday. It shouldn't be taken literally.

grin.gif

laugh.gif

how is that even a comparison???

pau is an all star , dwyane wade is a finals mvp

bosh is an all star, lamar odom comes off the bench for his team..

an still you think it wont be enough? teams that won in the past have done it with less than an 2 time MVP, finals MVP and perennial allstar and chris bosh, also a perennial allstar

the heat has the third best record in the league, lebrons numbers overall are the best (26, 7, 7), so why shouldnt he be the leadin mvp candidate again?

grin.gif

laugh.gif

how is that even a comparison???

pau is an all star , dwyane wade is a finals mvp

bosh is an all star, lamar odom comes off the bench for his team..

an still you think it wont be enough? teams that won in the past have done it with less than an 2 time MVP, finals MVP and perennial allstar and chris bosh, also a perennial allstar

the heat has the third best record in the league, lebrons numbers overall are the best (26, 7, 7), so why shouldnt he be the leadin mvp candidate again?

Back
Top Bottom