Oklahoma City Thunder vs San Antonio Spurs - OKC WINS in 6, Congrats!

Originally Posted by buggz05

Originally Posted by 1212theory

a good point guard will facilitate ball movement, and get his ice cold teammates involved with easy buckets.

This offense does not even allow that. Russ is more of a 2-guard who brings up the ball in this offense. That's how it's designed and ran.
agree. why not let fish run the point a while and then throw Russ in with the bench at times?

TP...16/21...
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Antidope

And the Broom closet door has been opened. They played as well as they could have and didnt even come close to winning this game. Down from the get go. ITS OUR YEAR.
KD needs to be more assertive and demand the ball. He can work on that stuff next year though hes gotta take this sweep from us to realize that he cant allow Westbrook to shoot more than him ever and hardly touch the ball in the forth.
They played as well as they could have? Ibaka went 3-11 and missed numerous easy layups or dunks, Fisher went 2-11, that's the best they can do?

The Spurs just show you how hard it is for a West team to go to the Finals.

Unlike the East. Easier road to Finals . No wonder Lebron said he'll have the opportunity to win 8 rings
laugh.gif

I dislike some Spurs fan and the way the media hypes them sometimes, but I +$@%* with Pop. Damn good coach.

a good point guard will facilitate ball movement, and get his ice cold teammates involved with easy buckets.

This offense does not even allow that. Russ is more of a 2-guard who brings up the ball in this offense. That's how it's designed and ran.
agree. why not let fish run the point a while and then throw Russ in with the bench at times?
I prefer Fish + Russ on the floor at the same time. I don't like the big 3 on the floor at the same time. Harden has his own momentum that's just not the same as the KD/Russ momentum. But that's just me.

I prefer Fish + Russ on the floor at the same time. I don't like the big 3 on the floor at the same time. Harden has his own momentum that's just not the same as the KD/Russ momentum. But that's just me.
True, Harden started to attack getting to the free throw line to bring the game close but Spurs had a every answer ah ... 

Harden also gives up too many plays on defense. My goto line-up would be:

Fish
Russ
Sef
Durant
Ibaka

It's the most reliable line-up on an individual basis other than Ibaka.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

And the Broom closet door has been opened. They played as well as they could have and didnt even come close to winning this game. Down from the get go. ITS OUR YEAR.
KD needs to be more assertive and demand the ball. He can work on that stuff next year though hes gotta take this sweep from us to realize that he cant allow Westbrook to shoot more than him ever and hardly touch the ball in the forth.
They played as well as they could have? Ibaka went 3-11 and missed numerous easy layups or dunks, Fisher went 2-11, that's the best they can do?
Those two names are not people who The Thunder will rely on to be a solid contributor. Fish has been struggling all year long, game 1 was a fluke really and Ibaka has never been a true scoring option for OKC, hes good for about 8 pts a game and thats about it. Its really a 3 man basketball team, and their 3 offensive options played about as well as you can expect them too and they still lost. It wont get better from here for them, and no one else will come through for them besides those 3 simply because its not how they play. Its big 3 or bust with them. 
IMO this was the best they could do and their best chance of winning a game, and now its over. A sweep is looming. 

our best lineup in this series is: westbrook, harden, thabo, KD and ibaka

we need to try this more: westbrook, harden, cook, KD and ibaka

our main guys off the bench should be harden (obviously), collison and cook.. fisher should only be playing when neal is playing the point, he's too slow to guard anyone else

the only thing that bothers me about the refs is consistency.. if charges were called in game one on those plays with neal.. then i dont get how narz and fisher got called for fouls in this game

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

So, who's going to say OKC will win 4 of the next 5? I know someone will.

nerd.gif

Spoiler [+]
Thunder in 6 no jinx

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Ibaka isn't going to put up any type of numbers offensively against Duncan and they obviously don't care about leaving him open for those jumpers. I'm sure SA would prefer him to shoot those all day rather than Durant/Russ/Harden getting to the hole. And as for Fish...I'll just say that today was much closer to what he's been the last few years than that flashback he had on Sunday. 90 points from 3 guys is going to be tough to duplicate.

bhzmafia14:
So, who's going to say OKC will win 4 of the next 5? I know someone will.
They don't have to win 4 of the next 5. They have one game in front of them.

I have no idea what OKC tries to accomplish on offense most of the time. And I don't blame Westbrook, Brooks should be able to figure things out a little better.

Those two names are not people who The Thunder will rely on to be a solid contributor. Fish has been struggling all year long, game 1 was a fluke really and Ibaka has never been a true scoring option for OKC, hes good for about 8 pts a game and thats about it. Its really a 3 man basketball team, and their 3 offensive options played about as well as you can expect them too and they still lost. It wont get better from here for them, and no one else will come through for them besides those 3 simply because its not how they play. Its big 3 or bust with them. 
IMO this was the best they could do and their best chance of winning a game, and now its over. A sweep is looming. 

Outside of Harden, Westbrook, and Durant, the rest of the Thunder went 7-34. That's obviously well below their average, so that's not the best they can do. That makes zero sense. It doesn't matter if they usually rely on their best 3, when your role players shoot that poorly, it makes it very hard to win.

Originally Posted by realtalkjohnny

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

Originally Posted by Janitor

OKC is far from done..

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
 these kids
All I meant was to not expect a sweep (as it seems EVERYONE wanted to jump on that), if this game ended as a 40+ point laugher then maybe. Lets not forget how cooked Miami supposedly was after D-Wade played like doo-doo and got in Spo's face. FYI I'm gunning for the Spurs, can dig my old gear out if ya want.

"these kids"?
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom