On a scale of 1-10 how good was Hancock?

I picked this and the Hulk up today because I hadnt seen either of them. If a 10 is The Dark Knight and a 1 is the Legue of Extrodinary Gentleman where wouldHancock fall?

Originally Posted by I FR3SH I

I picked this and the Hulk up today because I hadnt seen either of them. If a 10 is The Dark Knight and a 1 is the Legue of Extrodinary Gentleman House of Wax where would Hancock fall?

IDK I fell asleep on it...at the movies....with my girl
laugh.gif

a lot of people did not get the themes of the movie...which in the end allows them to not fully appreciate the film. I thought it was a solid 8

I'll give it a 7.5, watching the trailer I thought it would be really wack but it actually wasn't too bad.

I'ma try and describe the movie, the way i perceived it. I took a movie class and the main point of it was to decipher the deeper meanings of films. Hereis my go on the movie Hancock.

hancock (a superhero) has super human strength in which bullets bounce off him, fears nothing, and is very powerful. Roams around life saving people whodon't care for him one bit because he is a menace to society, yet has the capabilities of being a hero. He's a menace to society cause he constantlysaves lives yet not one human cares for him. What magnifies this pain he has within is the lack of knowledge he has of his past life. He was in an accident andthe only thing he could recover prior to this accident was having 2 movie tickets to "Frankenstein" which meant he did have someone that loved him ata point in time, yet what hurts the most is that his loved one never came back for him.

His loved one, who he is destined to is Charlize. Charlize stays away from Will because once they are together, and they began to love one another, they beginto become human. They begin to be vulnerable to pain emotionally as well as physically. And although it is destined for them to be together Charlize realizesthat it cannot be because if they continue to do so one of them can be killed.

*Deeper meaning
Its much like how humans roam the world before they meet their significant other. Humans walk around life thinking they are invincible, that meaninglessrelationships will get them through life, cuz they don't trully need anyone, as long as they have $ and food they can go on with life. But when one trulymeets their fated lover (their Charlize) their guards are put down. They are no longer invincible, able to be hurt, able to become vulnerable, because nothinghurts more than being hurt by your loved one.

Will and charlize are destined for each other...but are unable to stay together because if they remain they are vulnerable to pain and death. The world needs 1hero to protect and serve the people. Unfortunately its hancock, who is destined to protect and serve but also destined to be lonely.

I wrote this because it correlates with my English essay that is coming up, which is going to be on the novel "Frankenstein". Frankenstein is muchlike Hancock in which he is destined to be lonely.

Between the two I do not know who has the worst condition. Frankenstein, who is built as a hideous creature, knows he is the only 1 of his kind and is destinedto be lonely. Is not a superhero therefore as well has no main purpose in life but to suffer. But Hancock, who is built as a superhero, knows he has 1 soulmateto be with, but can not be with her because of the vulnerability of death that comes with it. Hancock is stuck to serve the world as its savior but is destinedto be lonely for eternity.

end rant/ insert (powell pic woo N' i'm not readin all that...) hahah

Back
Top Bottom