On the Eve of history Vol. Those who came before us

Great thread!

Lyndon Johnson signs Civil Rights Act...
341625969.jpg

cornel1.jpg

Although many may disagree on that "one" case, Johnnie would be here regardless for his earlier work. One of lawyers that gave me hope to go toLaw School.

29coch2.jpg

Originally Posted by A King Of Da Kickz

Originally Posted by PaidNHalf

Originally Posted by Kicktionair

flava-flav.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You got what you wanted now leave
indifferent.gif
Uhh...are you trying to say he was just trying 2 get laughs?? Public Enemy's music was always about uplifting African-Americans..

I would argue his work since then, has set black people back 20 years.

To each their own I guess.

I am certain he was doing it for laughs. Why no chuck D? Yes lets highlight the Hype man

This was more for soldiers, but fallen heroes can be found outside the military. To those who stood up to what theybelieved...

I'm not saying to forget about this aspect of American history, but rather to keep this thread in particular full of positive factors. We know slavery happened, but in a celebratory fashion like this, is a picture of two black people in nooses and one with scars on his back really called for?

Yes, plain and simple.
It's one of the ugliest periods of the history of this country, but people of all races need to see injustices that took place to innocent Americans allbased on the color of their skin.
It's one thing to hear about it, but to actually revisit these horrors should make every person proud of how far this country as a whole has come, andinsure that we never allow this to happen again to any group of Americans.

Get the garbage out the thread this is serious.

Though Bama might become president he hasnt' done anything yet to compare to Martin, Malcolm, Fredrick, Huey, Boddy, Rosa, Coretta, and the list goes onand on.

Originally Posted by jbone2308

Though Bama might become president he hasnt' done anything yet to compare to Martin, Malcolm, Fredrick, Huey, Boddy, Rosa, Coretta, and the list goes on and on.
He hasn't fought for a better future for his children and for mine? He hasnt given almost every waking moment to help give a voice to thevoice less? No he hasnt had the impact of Dr.King or other yet....but this is a day of beauty for one man who can hopefully take us from a world of ugliness..

Though Bama might become president he hasnt' done anything yet to compare to Martin, Malcolm, Fredrick, Huey, Boddy, Rosa, Coretta, and the list goes on and on.
you trippin
just by simply being elected into the most powerful position in the county world, he is the epitome of whateverything those people fought for...

so...
indifferent.gif
to you

Originally Posted by jjsrf

you trippin
just by simply being elected into the most powerful position in the county world, he is the epitome of what everything those people fought for...

so...
indifferent.gif
to you

O'rly? Ok man believe that. I'm not gonna argue.

Originally Posted by FreddyPee

He hasn't fought for a better future for his children and for mine? He hasnt given almost every waking moment to help give a voice to the voice less? No he hasnt had the impact of Dr.King or other yet....but this is a day of beauty for one man who can hopefully take us from a world of ugliness..
What if he doesn't take us from a world fo ugliness? Will you turn on him, give him more time, or feel he just can't do it?

I'm not hatin I voted for him but I think we need to tone down our hopes so we dont' get let down.

Originally Posted by jjsrf

you trippin
just by simply being elected into the most powerful position in the county world, he is the epitome of what everything those people fought for...

so...
indifferent.gif
to you

O'rly? Ok man believe that. I'm not gonna argue.
Have you not heard "I Have a Dream" ????

Back
Top Bottom