On the Eve of history Vol. Those who came before us

this thread was beautiful and brought a tear to my eye until people came in here and acted like fools
smh.gif
w.e my fingers are crossed i can't wait til thepolls close

Dudes are Lame out here. Always that corny batch of NTers to ruin a thread. So quick to do something stupid on NT when they didnt even brush their teeth yet.Pathetic

4sy69w.jpg

I can't believe he called him "Martin Luther !+$%" on TV - that is just outrageous - even for back then.

Originally Posted by Black Milk

Dudes are Lame out here. Always that corny batch of NTers to ruin a thread. So quick to do something stupid on NT when they didnt even brush their teeth yet. Pathetic

Yep...

Shame. But that is what NT has become....younger and younger kids are coming on here.

Originally Posted by iBlink

No need to boldface or caps, I can read just fine.

You are missing the point I was trying to make. But it's fine, most people usually do when I make the claim that we pay the wrong type of attention to slavery.

Carry on, MOB, my President's black... and such.
i'll lower my tone....so what exactly is the point you were trying to make? what is the "right" or
"wrong" attention we should pay to slavery? i understand everyone is entitled to their opinion
and you have to respect it, so i will do just that. the point i am making is that we have been
through so much and we have over come A LOT of discrimination and injustice over the years.
so, how those pics suddenly "lose" relevance is the part where i get confused. it is because
of them and name others that i can sit in the front of the bus, go to school with other
nationalities, and so on. i don't know if you are black or not, and frankly, it's not is huge deal,
but if you are then those pics should hit home and make you more proud....

also, i'm not sure what MOB is, but yes my president is black....have a wonderful day
smile.gif

Originally Posted by jbone2308

Originally Posted by FreddyPee

Get the garbage out the thread this is serious.

Though Bama might become president he hasnt' done anything yet to compare to Martin, Malcolm, Fredrick, Huey, Boddy, Rosa, Coretta, and the list goes on and on.
He hasn't fought for a better future for his children and for mine? He hasnt given almost every waking moment to help give a voice to the voice less? No he hasnt had the impact of Dr.King or other yet....but this is a day of beauty for one man who can hopefully take us from a world of ugliness..
What if he doesn't take us from a world fo ugliness? Will you turn on him, give him more time, or feel he just can't do it?

I'm not hatin I voted for him but I think we need to tone down our hopes so we dont' get let down.
Well I disagree highly...don't turn down hope...never do that.... without hope and faith you have nothing.... and if he doesnt than the nextman will...but do not down play the history hes making

We need this thread on the front page.

I just took a moment to reflect on our people's history and I'm just moved almost to tears.

We've made so much progress in such a short period of time, but it wasn't without blood shed.

America still has a lot of work to do. We still have a lot of work to do, but I'm hopeful for the future.

With that said, I'm looking forward to Obama's victory speech.

pimp.gif

Nice to know NT is capable to avoid those who are immature, and provide a classy thread.

Much respect to EL-Hajj Malik El Shabazz. I listened to some of his speeches for like 3 hrs the other day one of the deepest men Ive ever heard

FreddyPee wrote:

jbone2308 wrote:

Get the garbage out the thread this is serious.

Though Bama might become president he hasnt' done anything yet to compare to Martin, Malcolm, Fredrick, Huey, Boddy, Rosa, Coretta, and the list goes
on and on.
He hasn't fought for a better future for his children and for mine? He hasnt given almost every waking moment to help give a voice to the
voice less? No he hasnt had the impact of Dr.King or other yet....but this is a day of beauty for one man who can hopefully take us from a world of
ugliness..

What if he doesn't take us from a world fo ugliness? Will you turn on him, give him more time, or feel he just can't do it?

I'm not hatin I voted for him but I think we need to tone down our hopes so we dont' get let down.

it doesnt matter what he does in office, what Freddy Pee wrote is absolutely correct...how old are you? when i was 12 Years old, never under any circumstancescould i fathom even the possibility of a black president in 2008...I specifically remember watching that Chris Tucker stand up, and thinking, "damn that%%%+ is funny as hell and it would probably be true"
the idea that what he was talking about could possibly be in the foreseeable future never even occurred to me...if you dont understand the significance of lastnight, i feel bad for you

Back
Top Bottom