online shopping

for those living in las pinas that has successfully ordered shoes online, did you guys pick it up from las pinas post office (near the town hall) or will they divert your package to pasay? i already had an experience puchasing a jacket online and i picked it up from las pinas post office and only paid php35. i would just like to know if its a different case for shoes.

also, where do custom officers base the tax rate? should i bring my paypal receipt or something so that they can use the price listed there as the basis for the tax computation?

TIA!

Originally Posted by superswag

for those living in las pinas that has successfully ordered shoes online, did you guys pick it up from las pinas post office (near the town hall) or will they divert your package to pasay? i already had an experience puchasing a jacket online and i picked it up from las pinas post office and only paid php35. i would just like to know if its a different case for shoes.

also, where do custom officers base the tax rate? should i bring my paypal receipt or something so that they can use the price listed there as the basis for the tax computation?

TIA!
yes and the current peso dollar exchange rate based on the declared value and postage cost. Just bring your receipt for proof of payment that you bought the item (just to make sure). Lucky for you no duty tax for your jacket. Hindi nila nakursunadahan yung binili mo. So tax exempted for the meantime
grin.gif

hypothetical question, what if the seller declared the value of the package "higher" (in the same way that they could declare it "lower" and mark it as a "gift") than the price indicated on my paypal receipt? which price will the customs officer use for the computation? the price in my receipt or the declared value of the package? or whichever is higher of the two?

has anyone encountered this scenario before?

thanks jeddah for the response.

TIA!

^ This is new but I think..they will consider the declared value of the Package since they will not see and/or look for your Paypal reciept (It's usually sent through your personal email after a transaction). This is based on my experience with packages sent from outside the country.

HTH

One quick question: Package sent through Taiwan Airpost (Airmail) is equivalent to USPS priority mail right and will be dropping at your designated postal office while EMS usually drops at Cmac (EMS/Customs office in Pasay), right?

I prefer getting my package from my local postal office here in Pasig (haven't encounter any problem paying custom taxes and fee, a P45.00 charge usually happens), so I prefer and would like to choose a "USPS priority mail" type of shipping method.

It's an Ebay transaction and you'll have to choose a shipping method between Speed Post (EMS) and Taiwan Post (Air Mail).

Guys What can you say about pickyourshoes.com? I'm planning to hook myself with some onitsukas and clae.. Do they ship directly at my place? Thanks in advance!

Originally Posted by boydoobie

Guys What can you say about pickyourshoes.com? I'm planning to hook myself with some onitsukas and clae.. Do they ship directly at my place? Thanks in advance!
Yes, pickyourshoes.com sends to the Philippines.  They use US Post Office Express Mail.  That doesn't mean though that it will be delivered to your doorstep.  A lot of shipments get held and charged custom duties and taxes (which is legal, btw LOL) and you will have to pay for it first at the post office before you can get your package.  Can be a huge hassle...

First time trying to sell shoes online. Still can't figure out this Paypal thing. Then I get this email:
Hello,
    Sorry for the late reply I am located in Ohio but presently
working on the sea as a marine engineer and i want the item to be
shipped via EMS or DHL speed post to my band mate on a missionary
journey so here is the shipping address below:

Name:Afeez Oriyomi.
Address: No 2 Martins Street Aba-Alamu Apata,
City: Ibadan
State: Oyo
ZipCode: 23402
Phone Number: +2348052366094

So kindly get back to me with your paypal email or your bank details
as follows below to proceed with the payment and kindly calculate the
total cost including shipping and get back to me asap thanks and God
bless

Account Holders Name:
Account Number:
Bank Name:
Bank Address:
Routing or Swift Code:

Is there such a thing as an 'un-legit' buyer? lol

I'm kinda lost. Help appreciated!

Nigeria? Dont reply bro.. That's a Scam.. Ive received the same e-mail when i was starting to sell my items in ebay.. Next to that e-mail when u reply, he'll offer you a payment worth $400 and up, then when u gv ur Paypal account, he'll e-mail u that he paid the item already.. Then when u check ur Paypal account, there's no payment received.. HTH!

That Nigeria thing is a SCAM. My friend almost fell into the trap of that buyer. Beware people!

when you see nigeria on an online transaction the best thing to do is stay away....

too bad for the country itself but most fraudulent transactions online are orchestrated by people either living in or simply associated with nigeria.

good thing this was posted for everybody's awareness.

thanks!

agree with jeddah, footalog has one of the best deals online. variety is not as wide as rmkstore.com though but prices are normally lower and shipping is faster

jeddahblaster and revelation218 - where did you claim the item you ordered from footalog.com? EMS pasay or local post office? what shipping did u use,by Air Mail or Express Mail?

thanks.

jeddahblaster and revelation218 - where did you claim the item you ordered from footalog.com? EMS pasay or local post office? what shipping did u use,by Air Mail or Express Mail?

thanks.

footalog uses express mail service (EMS). i normally claim it at the post office because they tax shipments from abroad especially if the name of the sender doesn't sound filipino, if you know what i mean LOL

Originally Posted by revelation218

footalog uses express mail service (EMS). i normally claim it at the post office because they tax shipments from abroad especially if the name of the sender doesn't sound filipino, if you know what i mean LOL

tnx bro. how long usually it takes before u receive the item? did you use Express Mail or Air Mail?

express mail from hk is very quick because there are a lot of flights manila-hk. if i am not mistaken, it's around 3 days, more or less.

Back
Top Bottom