Open Bar at a Job vol. Is it a Trap Edit: still got a job

Basically i've been working at this job for a couple of months and we're going to have a trip to the bowling alley with our job. Just found out it's going to be Open Bar. Worried as all hell that I might get drunk and make a fool of myself, drink and hit on one of my cowowrkers, or drink too much and miss work the next day. Is this a trap or am I thinking way too much of this??? Anyone ever have a similar situation at their job?

Basically i've been working at this job for a couple of months and we're going to have a trip to the bowling alley with our job. Just found out it's going to be Open Bar. Worried as all hell that I might get drunk and make a fool of myself, drink and hit on one of my cowowrkers, or drink too much and miss work the next day. Is this a trap or am I thinking way too much of this??? Anyone ever have a similar situation at their job?

You arent reading too much into it but that doesnt mean you shouldnt imbibe and enjoy yourself. The lesson as always, "Dont be that guy".

We have work outings all the time, as long as I am never "That Guy", I'm good.

You arent reading too much into it but that doesnt mean you shouldnt imbibe and enjoy yourself. The lesson as always, "Dont be that guy".

We have work outings all the time, as long as I am never "That Guy", I'm good.

Definitely enjoy yourself, but as above poster said "don't be that guy".  I'm sure you know your limits and just stay within, especially if managers and higher will be attending. 

Just for example:  Our project group consisting of about 10 people went out to happy hour one day and when the entire department meeting came up a week or two after, they were still talking about "that guy".

Have fun and show that other side outside of the office.     

Definitely enjoy yourself, but as above poster said "don't be that guy".  I'm sure you know your limits and just stay within, especially if managers and higher will be attending. 

Just for example:  Our project group consisting of about 10 people went out to happy hour one day and when the entire department meeting came up a week or two after, they were still talking about "that guy".

Have fun and show that other side outside of the office.     

How is it a trap if this is a question of whether or not you can control yourself? Man up and like dude said don't be "that guy." I always used my old jobs drinking functions as an opportunity to drink my boss under the table
laugh.gif

Lol if you know you get like that I say fall back. If not, enjoy yourself but don't go overboard.

How is it a trap if this is a question of whether or not you can control yourself? Man up and like dude said don't be "that guy." I always used my old jobs drinking functions as an opportunity to drink my boss under the table
laugh.gif

Lol if you know you get like that I say fall back. If not, enjoy yourself but don't go overboard.

Is it really that hard to control yourself when you have an open bar at a company event? Like SF and DNV said, don't be "that guy." If you think your behavior will be that much of a problem, don't go.

Is it really that hard to control yourself when you have an open bar at a company event? Like SF and DNV said, don't be "that guy." If you think your behavior will be that much of a problem, don't go.

When working in corporate America, for me anyways, you basically have to lead a double life.

Co-Worker: "What did you do this weekend?"
Me: "Nothing much, low key weekend."

In reality, I blacked out Friday & Saturday night, hooked up with a 350 lb. wilderbeast and woke up in my own piss.

You can only let the people you work with know so much about you.

I don't see how this is a huge deal lol
It would be an elusive ploy to weed out "the guys" from the rest
But just be sure you don't go too crazy.

If you're having to open a ridicuous thread about it and ARE in fact worried that you will end up without your pants by the time the party's over, you are probably "that guy" and have been "that guy" before hahahaha.

I don't see how this is a huge deal lol
It would be an elusive ploy to weed out "the guys" from the rest
But just be sure you don't go too crazy.

If you're having to open a ridicuous thread about it and ARE in fact worried that you will end up without your pants by the time the party's over, you are probably "that guy" and have been "that guy" before hahahaha.

When working in corporate America, for me anyways, you basically have to lead a double life.

Co-Worker: "What did you do this weekend?"
Me: "Nothing much, low key weekend."

In reality, I blacked out Friday & Saturday night, hooked up with a 350 lb. wilderbeast and woke up in my own piss.

You can only let the people you work with know so much about you.

damn dude you sound terrified, just take it easy..

i know it's extremely difficult to resist free alcohol but your livelihood may be on the line here, if you get as bad as you're making yourself sound.

Back
Top Bottom