Opinion =/= License to make outlandish statements!!!

It's become way too common. People hiding behind "opinions." Yes, everyone is entitled to their own opinion but that shouldn't make you feel like you can just make outlandish statements. I feel like on NT in particular this has become a popular way to troll. You may be of the opinion that Michael Jordan is not the greatest basketball player of all time. You may not say he's trash and then hide behind that statement as your opinion. You may not be attracted to Halle Berry but you cannot say that Halle Berry is unattractive or overrated when the rest of the world recognizes her as one of the most beautiful women. And so on and so fourth. 
So basically gthohwtbs opinion of yours. Say something reasonable or sthu. Thanks.

You know why Halle Berry is overrated...because she has daddy issues which then became baby daddy issues. Look wise she's bangin...as a complete person/package not so much.

Originally Posted by Naija Nitemare

I don't think people actually behave this way in real life

internet makes dudes act all out of pocket
Hell yeah...just because they somewhat anonymous... 

Originally Posted by Shoryuken

Truth.

What cracks me up is these women threads...dudes telling other dudes that their PREFERENCES (think vs. skinny) are wrong.
laugh.gif
Who does that??? NT, I guess.

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Originally Posted by Shoryuken

Truth.
truth x2. to many thugs online thats are clowns offline

Originally Posted by RavageBX

It's become way too common. People hiding behind "opinions." Yes, everyone is entitled to their own opinion but that shouldn't make you feel like you can just make outlandish statements. I feel like on NT in particular this has become a popular way to troll. You may be of the opinion that Michael Jordan is not the greatest basketball player of all time. You may not say he's trash and then hide behind that statement as your opinion. You may not be attracted to Halle Berry but you cannot say that Halle Berry is unattractive or overrated when the rest of the world recognizes her as one of the most beautiful women. And so on and so fourth. 
So basically gthohwtbs opinion of yours. Say something reasonable or sthu. Thanks.
People need to stop saying the first part (bolded). Human behavior does not change that quickly. Things have usually been the same way for a long, long time. Chances are, the only thing that has changed is that you've become more aware of it.
That said, I agree with everything else you're saying. As I was once told, prefacing statements with "I think" or "in my opinion" is redundant. Unless you're stating something that's clearly a fact, it's understood that it's your opinion. Adding "in my opinion" is really just a way to hide behind your words.

I take anything on NT with a grain of salt. I think the issue is that people take this place as a real source of advice for real issues. It's my opinion that this place is like a HS cafeteria. It's loud, crowded and has an adolescent mind (I'm guilty of it too). I come here for shoe info and entertainment mostly. If I read a post that I think the person might read, then I'll post some real advice. I have no problem imparting useful knowledge on someone who I think is asking a real question. On the other hand, the stuff on here can be ridiculous, so I think people are trolling for the most part. I skip a lot of threads by reading the title alone. I just come here when I'm on my lunch break at my desk. I do see OP's point. Time and time again I stated that race and religion threads should be banned from this site. While people are entitled to their "opinion" about such topics, too many of the threads take way negative turns with insensitive and often offensive remarks and we never learn from them, which is the intent of allowing them to be posted here.

Back
Top Bottom