Opinions on Unauthorized or GM Sneakers ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The game has changed. I can tell a lot of you guys age just reading here by your comments. If I don't get something for retail I just don't buy it. 

You aren't a sneakerhead if you wear fake kicks, stop with all these excuses and silly logic. Like watch a sneaker doc, youtube some OG sneaker heads, wearing fake kicks does not make you a sneakerhead, it is not apart of the culture. You can't redefine it to your liking, your "membership" is null and void if you've willingly purchase and/or sell fake kicks.

You are more hypebeasts than sneakerheads if just because the resell value is out of your reach you buy a fake version. Have some dignity fellas, if you stop spending your money with resellers and the Chinamen selling these fakes the market will die and Nike will have to adjust accordingly. The culture is tainted now crazy. 

View media item 1118314
This is more fitting for you folks wearing fake kicks. Find a new hobby please. 

Shouldn't have revived this thread.. Now all the hypebeasts are going to comment false statements about why they believe these fakes to be real.. If they haven't learned now they probably never will...

Shouldn't have revived this thread.. Now all the hypebeasts are going to comment false statements about why they believe these fakes to be real.. If they haven't learned now they probably never will...
I'm sorry man. Just stumbled upon it read the first few pages and got sad. 

The kids with the fakes will realize they ****** up when they're tired of collecting and they try to sell their kicks and they realize theyre collection of bootlegs have ZERO resell value cause they're fake. They'll believe it then.

Last edited:
Why knock somebody down just because they buy GM shoes? Honestly I can careless if someone rocks unauthorized or fakes or whatever you want to call them. It's just irritating when people on this thread act like they're above the people who DO wear and buy shoes that don't directly come fro nike.

I've never bought a pair of GMs or fakes or whatever but I really don't care if you wear them or not. As long as you don't try to pass them off as authentic it's all good in my eyes.

The kids with the fakes will realize they ****** up when they're tired of collecting and they try to sell their kicks and they realize theyre collection of bootlegs have ZERO resell value cause they're fake. They'll believe it then.
True dat'.. It's gonna be a sad day for a few when the walk in FC or somewhere with what they think is $20,000 worth of heat in a trash bag an walk out with $500 worth of grass cutting kicks in the same trash bag..hahaha

Last edited:
Why knock somebody down just because they buy GM shoes? Honestly I can careless if someone rocks unauthorized or fakes or whatever you want to call them. It's just irritating when people on this thread act like they're above the people who DO wear and buy shoes that don't directly come fro nike.

I've never bought a pair of GMs or fakes or whatever but I really don't care if you wear them or not. As long as you don't try to pass them off as authentic it's all good in my eyes.
Get sold a pair of fakes that the seller is claiming are 100% legit from Nike and u find out they're fake and can't get your money back. See how u feel about fakes then. Majority of folks dealing with fakes are trying to pass them off as legits. And its mostly resellers ripping off the young crowd or the uneducated older crowd with the $100 fakes and double and tripling their money.

Last edited:
Get sold a pair of fakes that the seller is claiming are 100% legit from Nike and u find out they're fake and can't get your money back. See how u feel about fakes then. Majority of folks dealing with fakes are trying to pass them off as legits. And its mostly resellers ripping off the young crowd or the uneducated older crowd with the $100 fakes and double and tripling their money.

I get what you're saying and trust me it's happened to me. That's why I don't do deal with anybody I don't know or don't cop shoes off of ebay. We're in a age of time where people just don't give a **** and would do anything for a buck like what happened to you.

I'm not with people selling fakes as legits. I'm just saying, if you acknowledged they're fakes and you are cool about it and just rock em why not?

I get what you're saying and trust me it's happened to me. That's why I don't do deal with anybody I don't know or don't cop shoes off of ebay. We're in a age of time where people just don't give a **** and would do anything for a buck like what happened to you.

I'm not with people selling fakes as legits. I'm just saying, if you acknowledged they're fakes and you are cool about it and just rock em why not?
Unfortunately those people are in the minority big time. And to them I say why don't u jus buy some legit shoes with that money instead of a buying a replica. For the money these folks pay for the HQ fakes they could easily buy themselves a pair of brand new legit nike/air jordan shoes directly from nike. I'd respect a dude much more who rocks some Jordan True Flights than some poser rockin some bootleg bred 11s. I don't get buying bootlegs under any circumstances but who am I to tell someone else how to spend their own money. Jus my take.

Last edited:

That's what I say too. There will always be consumers for these fakes. Can't stop that or the people from wearing em. They just need to understand that they are not whatsoever authentic in any which way. Got nothing against people that support that market, just don't defend it like it's the same thing as getting them from retail stores.

Want me to link all the Instagram pages of kids with big cartels of "Authentic" kicks. This is the culture now. It is flooded with Fakes. When NDC FL EB etc sell out quick where do you think the hypebeasts are going? 

Want me to link all the Instagram pages of kids with big cartels of "Authentic" kicks. This is the culture now. It is flooded with Fakes. When NDC FL EB etc sell out quick where do you think the hypebeasts are going? 

Why does it annoy you so much? Let those kids post whatever they want it isn't harming you is it?

Who cares if a 14 year old is posting fakes on IG flexing. Does it harm you in anyway?

Why does it annoy you so much? Let those kids post whatever they want it isn't harming you is it?

Who cares if a 14 year old is posting fakes on IG flexing. Does it harm you in anyway?
I believe most of those young kids really believe their shoes are real and are being scammed and lied to by whoever they buy from. Unless those 14 year olds are posting pics saying "look how cool my super perfect replicas are" which they arent cause they would get made fun of. But I've also seen some videos on YouTube of youngsters who knowingly buy reps straight from the rep sites and know what's what. And i can respect that I guess. At least he knows what he's buying and isn't paying a middle man bootleg reseller extra $$ for no reason.

Last edited:
The game is the way it is now because of all the hype, why tarnish it? And the 14 yr old kids are buying but my peers are the ones selling. Not upsetting me so much not losing sleep over it but the reasoning Im reading of why they aren't fake or why I buy is sad, especially when these kids thinks it makes you a sneakerhead still. The love of the game is jaded. 

Would you buy a fake car? Wear a fake Rolex? Drink fake milk?

Why would you buy fakes if you are not making people believe they are real?

And yes they do have fake milk in china.

Last edited:
Would you buy a fake car? Wear a fake Rolex? Drink fake milk?

Why would you buy fakes if you are not making people believe they are real?

And yes they do have fake milk in china.

No I wouldn't buy fake shoes or fske watches or whatever the deal is. The thing is some people just don't want to buy a pair of shoes for 700 dollars when you can get one for 200 with the same materials (I'm not trying to defend any GM shoes or whatever) I'm just going from what people say that buy unauthorized and from the videos I watch.

Some people just don't want to waste so many money on a pair of sneakers. You can't blame them.

Whats worst is that they are paying good money for these factory variants and grey market sneakers, it would make more sense for them to be properly informed and by legit products.

No I wouldn't buy fake shoes or fske watches or whatever the deal is. The thing is some people just don't want to buy a pair of shoes for 700 dollars when you can get one for 200 with the same materials (I'm not trying to defend any GM shoes or whatever) I'm just going from what people say that buy unauthorized and from the videos I watch.

Some people just don't want to waste so many money on a pair of sneakers. You can't blame them.
DB Foams, Red Octobers are a deal compared to resell but you are still spending over $500 on the replicas. So that isn't wasting money? 

I was looking at some of the unauthorized shoes and I've seen reviews and all of that and the quality is actually pretty decent. If you think about it most of the unauthorized are the same as the retail pairs. Yes they're technically fakes because they're made without nikes knowledge. But they use the same materials and are constructed the same from what people have told me and from what I've seen.

So people would rather buy a fake pair of shoes for more than retail instead of taking the L and buying a real pair of AF1s, Lebrons ect? 

I was looking at some of the unauthorized shoes and I've seen reviews and all of that and the quality is actually pretty decent. If you think about it most of the unauthorized are the same as the retail pairs. Yes they're technically fakes because they're made without nikes knowledge. But they use the same materials and are constructed the same from what people have told me and from what I've seen.
All true man, I want Royals BAD but I rather not cut corners. When you have been collecting sneakers for some time its just instilled in you. Wear good ish. It is tempting but even the reason the thread was started is for reassurance. "Oh if he says its ok to wear fake kicks then I will buy fake kicks" It's on us to keep the community loyal to the roots. 

Sorry, but if they weren't able to buy them retail or afford resale they should just move on to the next shoe. Buying fakes and wearing fakes just shows they are pretending them to be real. There are plenty of authentic Jordan brand shoes if they want good shoes that will last instead of some cheaply made fugazi just for the looks. It's one thing about buying fakes without knowing vs buying them knowing they are fakes

Spending $200+ on these fakes are a waste of money when real thing retails for less.

Last edited:
There is ABSOLUTELY ZERO proof of fakes being made with the same materials as the legit pairs and are being constructed the same. U can't trust a review from someone who is selling the product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom