Opinions on Unauthorized or GM Sneakers ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well that would be a douche bag move obviously, to go out of your way to say "hey dude, your shoes are fake!"
i always see a bunch of people wearing fakes during releases, i notice it.. but thats it

but i was in a line up a few months ago & these 2 buddies a few heads behind me both have royals on, I can hear them pointing out how my royals looks different/fake & I turned around checked out their pair and they have the fake pairs.

they first argued it was from NDC, the other said its unauthorized

another knowledgeable head took notice & called them out, then the whole line took notice.  they almost left.

I didn't talk to them after but I'm pretty sure they didn't know they had fakes, since they were talking sh t.

Last edited:
i always see a bunch of people wearing fakes during releases, i notice it.. but thats it

but i was in a line up a few months ago & these 2 buddies a few heads behind me both have royals on, I can hear them pointing out how my royals looks different/fake & I turned around checked out their pair and they have the fake pairs.

another knowledgeable head took notice & called them out, then the whole line took notice.  they almost left.

I didn't talk to them after but I'm pretty sure they didn't know they had fakes, since they were talking sh t.
AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA YES!!

gotta love the part when the hunter becomes the hunted..hahaha.

What did they say the differences were? The shade of blue?

^pretty much, (mine was more matte compare to theirs, the difference was more noticeable since we were in the sun.)

and the overall shape from what I overheard

Last edited:

Oh man, I'd hate to be them lol .. If I were you I woulda called em out on it just so it would be much more a bitter experience for them with all these other people calling them out. 

Honestly GM/unauthorized kicks are fakes. But they're still made of the same materials. It's practically the same. I've seen GM 3s and 11s and you really can't tell the difference. Don't sit here and say you can tell if someone is rocking GM/authentic just by looking at them while that person is wearing it.

I understand why people would rather spend their money on a pair of $160 GM than paying 300bucks to some reseller for the same exact shoe.

Honestly GM/unauthorized kicks are fakes. But they're still made of the same materials. It's practically the same. I've seen GM 3s and 11s and you really can't tell the difference. Don't sit here and say you can tell if someone is rocking GM/authentic just by looking at them while that person is wearing it.

I understand why people would rather spend their money on a pair of $160 GM than paying 300bucks to some reseller for the same exact shoe.

Like I said many times on here, no one here is qualified to say the materials are the same. All we can say for sure is that the materials are comparable. As an engineer that works in manufacturing I can tell you that just because 2 metals look the same to the human eye doesn't mean they are the same. I've worked with metals that to the naked eye look exactly the same but when looked at under any kind of magnification the textures of the metals are completely differently. These metals that "look" the same have completely different properties as far as the amount of strain they can undergo and how they react to different forces and even at different temperatures. My point being this, these factories have access to tons and tons of an almost infinite variety of materials. Materials that are bound to look similar to the naked eye but could be made and constructed of completely different components on a magnified level. Just like the cdp 11s look like they have the same mesh upper as the 2012 breds anyone who's compared them knows they are completely different to the touch.

Last edited:

Honestly u apparently havent read anything posted previously in this thread. Your not paying 160 for a 300 shoe when ur buying bootlegs. Your paying 160 for a bootleg of a $160 msrp shoe. The hype and rareness is what makes the reseller prices what they are. But what we have are hypebeast who just HAVE to have a pair of them Bred 11s or them Concords and the rest of the handful of fakes that we see daily. And like as stated above jus cause something lools the same to the naked eye doesnt mean its anywhere near the same. Fact of the matter is, if u cant get the legit version of the shoe just move on to another shoe that is legit shoe and is in your price range. And u wouldn't ever have to deal with resellers if u would just cop the new releases from authorized nike retailers for retail. Except everybody JUST HAS TO have them Bred and Concord 11s. But i got news for yall there aint enough out there for everyone to have a legit pair. It aint like theyve made any new ones since 2012. Jus buy legit shoes

Last edited:

Please sit down somewhere. If you're truly into sneakers and know you're stuff than you can tell. Like I said you can still tell the differences of authentic vs fake. Yes today they're better than what they were in the early 2000s but flaws still exist.

Of course you can tell the difference between the authentic and the GMs. I'm just saying that no, don't be acting like you know everything and tell me if you see someone rocking some GMs you will automatically know. I mean it's so funny because there's people on this thread who have passed off GMs shoes in the legit section as legit when in fact they're not.

I just try to keep it retail. That way I don't have to worry about it. Because like I said earlier some people passin off popular model j's as authentic for reseller prices. So you're paying 300+ for gms. They might be getting m for 160 but you're not unless you go to where they got it. Which means you're trying to buy gms. I think most ppl get caught up trying to buy authentics but get sold gms. If you're collecting j's then that's not acceptable. If you r wearing for props then maybe but 160 is still too high and any cheaper versions than that you can definitely tell even if on feet.

Of course you can tell the difference between the authentic and the GMs. I'm just saying that no, don't be acting like you know everything and tell me if you see someone rocking some GMs you will automatically know. I mean it's so funny because there's people on this thread who have passed off GMs shoes in the legit section as legit when in fact they're not.
Did I ever say I know everything?.. No.. but I CAN tell real vs fake a lot of times when on feet and someone is just walking by. Not all the time but I can tell you when I went to Six flags last weekend I saw plenty of 3s, 11s.. Still think ppl can't tell the difference? Yea ok. And please link us to shoes that were told as real when they're not......

I just try to keep it retail. That way I don't have to worry about it. Because like I said earlier some people passin off popular model j's as authentic for reseller prices. So you're paying 300+ for gms. They might be getting m for 160 but you're not unless you go to where they got it. Which means you're trying to buy gms. I think most ppl get caught up trying to buy authentics but get sold gms. If you're collecting j's then that's not acceptable. If you r wearing for props then maybe but 160 is still too high and any cheaper versions than that you can definitely tell even if on feet.
Agreed. Basically same thing i said, except u worded it better. Repped

I just refuse to pay more than $20 above retail. I don't purposely want to buy GMs, but I know that many resellers sell GMs for $300+ and no one can tell the difference, if you just tell yourself you're not gonna pay crazy reseller prices, then you won't be ripped off whether you're buying authentics or GM.

I just refuse to pay more than $20 above retail. I don't purposely want to buy GMs, but I know that many resellers sell GMs for $300+ and no one can tell the difference, if you just tell yourself you're not gonna pay crazy reseller prices, then you won't be ripped off whether you're buying authentics or GM.
....... I think it's time to unsubscribe to this mess.
Ppl KNOW YOUR SHOES. There are differences on real vs fake. IF YOU CANT TELL THEN DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND JUST BUY FROM RETAIL STORES OR FLIGHTCLUB. ENOUGH WITH THIS "YOU CANT TELL THE DIFFERENCE". DO YOUR HOMEWORK AND YOU WILL SEE.
If you are just worried about paying high prices whether the shoe is real or fake then I feel sorry for you. You can find real sneakers such as 11s that won't cost you an arm and leg. I see it on the LC section all the time

End rant

Please provide some proof of this, I'd love to see this. 

It just sucks paying maybe 50-100 or maybe more for a pair of sneakers. It's not even a "luxury good". And the reason I missed out is because my internet isn't fast enough or I didn't win a raffle?

It just sucks paying maybe 50-100 or maybe more for a pair of sneakers. It's not even a "luxury good". And the reason I missed out is because my internet isn't fast enough or I didn't win a raffle?
U must adapt to survive and if thats all u rely on these days in 2014 to get your retro Js, your a little behind.

The game has changed. I can tell a lot of you guys age just reading here by your comments. If I don't get something for retail I just don't buy it. 

You aren't a sneakerhead if you wear fake kicks, stop with all these excuses and silly logic. Like watch a sneaker doc, youtube some OG sneaker heads, wearing fake kicks does not make you a sneakerhead, it is not apart of the culture. You can't redefine it to your liking, your "membership" is null and void if you've willingly purchase and/or sell fake kicks.

You are more hypebeasts than sneakerheads if just because the resell value is out of your reach you buy a fake version. Have some dignity fellas, if you stop spending your money with resellers and the Chinamen selling these fakes the market will die and Nike will have to adjust accordingly. The culture is tainted now crazy. 

This is more fitting for you folks wearing fake kicks. Find a new hobby please. 

Why would they comment on fake sneakers? When Nike has B grades they hit the outlet, if they don't sell them they are fake. Stop trying to convince  yourself otherwise 

I believe nike plays a big role in this. I mean without authorization they fake but I don't believe is that simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom