ordering takeout and not picking it up

That was dirty. I'm sure they wouldn't get away with that over and over considering they have his name and number on file.

Originally Posted by G14

i ordered some pasta one time baked out my mind

and said takeout instead of "delivery" thinking they will "take the food out to my place"

needless to say they called back a hour later madd hell...made sure to never order there again
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Rex Ryan

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

Lots of minimum wage making +!+ food service workers on NT.
laugh.gif
at all this wasn't raised right, shows your character, dead him as a friend talk over some damn teriyaki chicken like they didn't just heat it up and give it to the next man.
I'm sayin'
laugh.gif
i'll put it like this,  while it may not be necessarily that serious.    someone who would order take out and then not pick it up is an inconsiderate individual. they wasted the cooks time when he could be preparing someone elses food, and now another customer has to wait longer because they were busy making food for someone that had no intention of purchasing it.

something like that may not be serious in the bigger outlook of things but it shows the type of qualities a person has and it gives off a perception and a delusional mindset that the world revolves around them.

I don't see how you could argue against this. There are some wild narcissists on NT . .

laugh.gif
I remember once my homeboy worked @ TJ Maxx and he kept getting into it with his co-worker who was the supervisor...
This dude went and called Dominos and ordered like 4 Extra large Pizzas, Wings, Cheezy bread and all that to the store and placed the order in her name.

Right before the delivery was made he said he quit and jetted out the store... The delivery was made to her and she broke down and started crying because of this prank. She was one of those...

Long story short I told him that it was an A-hole move on his part. But I laughed like hell.

I'm a dude that will Go to a drive thru, make an order, realize that I forgot my wallet home,... Then actually go home and come back with the money... ( If its close-by)
Hell, I'd even still purchase the food if I decide I'm not really in the mood for it anymore. If none of the above, I'd just call and cancel the order.
Thats just me though.

It's kind of a douchey move, but people change their minds sometimes, #+*# happens. I would have at least called and told them, but I'm not about to give you a Congressional Medal of Honor either.

They would have just put it under a heating lamp and served it to the next person to order it or eaten it themselves at the end of the night.

Man you guys must never worked fast food before. Nobody cares if somebody orders drive thru and drives off.  They might eat it if the manager isn't a D-bag. 

People change their minds.  Ordering fast food isnt a binding contract.  If I order something then I realize I want something else I'll drive off.  Simple as that.  I've only done it like 2 times but yeah its not the end of the world.

As for the OP and his friend are you clowns on here really saying his friend is a grimey person and he's foul for changing his mind? 
laugh.gif
 Its funny what some of you guys get riled up for.  Some of ya'll in here defended Zimmerman but God forbid somebody changes their mind after they order.

This is a non-issue and it happens everyday at these food spots.  Nobody is losing sleep.  

Originally Posted by VARSITY kid

Let me make this a little more simple.. You own a restaurant

Lets say people go into your restaurant (people calling the food joint your going to buy from)

You order the food (ordering on the phone)

You make the people's food (the other people making your food)

The food is all ready, plated and ready to go out to the customer. But while you are going this, the customers decide to leave. (same as not picking it up at all)

This is the same situation as OP but a different scenario because it is over the phone. But it is also the same thing because the food you just made for the people that ordered it decided that they wanted something else, so they bounce. How would you feel as the owner/cook, taking your time making the food, when you could have been preparing to close up the shop or do other things for the shop or whatever. How about you had to cut extra meat for just to make that or extra something for that meal... How would you feel if you went through all that trouble and then at the end of all of it. The customer isnt there to pay you for the food? Or the service... Now what are you going to do?
laugh.gif
 It's just not that serious. It's an inconsiderate action, that's it. It doesn't even necessarily mean you're an inconsiderate person.
All those hypocrites acting like doing it one time shows some underlying character trait. If you make a habit of it and do it consistently, that's not good, but one time or once in a while under a given circumstance? It's just not that serious.

I've never done it but that's because when I make my mind up my mind is made up, especially about food but if I did change my mind, and decided I don't want something, I'm not spending my money on it. Period.

Originally Posted by G14

i ordered some pasta one time baked out my mind

and said takeout instead of "delivery" thinking they will "take the food out to my place"

needless to say they called back a hour later madd hell...made sure to never order there again
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by kiendienn

for delivery and pick up restaurants, is there like a blacklist?
Knowing people who've worked in the service industry, yes, there are blacklists. Hell, one place back in college had the names on a board for everyone to see.

Real talk, you guys are acting like it's peoples grandmas out here cooking the food they supply with their social security checks.

Originally Posted by Rex Ryan

Lots of minimum wage making +!+ food service workers on NT.
laugh.gif
at all this wasn't raised right, shows your character, dead him as a friend talk over some damn teriyaki chicken like they didn't just heat it up and give it to the next man.
I'm sayin'
laugh.gif
i'll put it like this,  while it may not be necessarily that serious.    someone who would order take out and then not pick it up is an inconsiderate individual. they wasted the cooks time when he could be preparing someone elses food, and now another customer has to wait longer because they were busy making food for someone that had no intention of purchasing it.

something like that may not be serious in the bigger outlook of things but it shows the type of qualities a person has and it gives off a perception and a delusional mindset that the world revolves around them.

Originally Posted by cguy610

This is why people can't have nice things. They do you a favor and cook your food so you can pick it up and ya'll act like jerkoffs by not picking up the food. SMH at thinking that's cool.
eek.gif
What world you living in?
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
The real world where things like this have repercussions.  If enough of ya'll grimey people act inconsiderate, places will stop taking phone orders.  Just like late at night when some places want you to pay first, why, because people like ya'll dipped out without paying. 
In this guys world the only people you have to respect is your parents, dont waste your time.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Lets say people go into your restaurant (people calling the food joint your going to buy from)

The food is all ready, plated and ready to go out to the customer. But while you are going this, the customers decide to leave. (same as not picking it up at all)

This is the same situation as OP but a different scenario because it is over the phone. But it is also the same thing because the food you just made for the people that ordered it decided that they wanted something else, so they bounce. How would you feel as the owner/cook, taking your time making the food, when you could have been preparing to close up the shop or do other things for the shop or whatever. How about you had to cut extra meat for just to make that or extra something for that meal... How would you feel if you went through all that trouble and then at the end of all of it. The customer isnt there to pay you for the food? Or the service... Now what are you going to do?
laugh.gif
 It's just not that serious. It's an inconsiderate action, that's it. It doesn't even necessarily mean you're an inconsiderate person.
All those hypocrites acting like doing it one time shows some underlying character trait. If you make a habit of it and do it consistently, that's not good, but one time or once in a while under a given circumstance? It's just not that serious.

I've never done it but that's because when I make my mind up my mind is made up, especially about food but if I did change my mind, and decided I don't want something, I'm not spending my money on it. Period.

You think its not serious because you dont own a restaurant. I work in a family owned cafe and i know how this feels especially when they call and not pick up the food.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

laugh.gif

You think its not serious because you dont own a restaurant. I work in a family owned cafe and i know how this feels especially when they call and not pick up the food.

Whats the spot called? What city?

This is why people can't have nice things. They do you a favor and cook your food so you can pick it up and ya'll act like jerkoffs by not picking up the food. SMH at thinking that's cool.
eek.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
The real world where things like this have repercussions.  If enough of ya'll grimey people act inconsiderate, places will stop taking phone orders.  Just like late at night when some places want you to pay first, why, because people like ya'll dipped out without paying. 
In the real world making food and selling it is not a favor
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I don't know where you got that twisted logic from. It's not a favor if I'm paying you to make the food.

What repercussions? I can call 5 different Chinese spots right now order a huge feast for pick-up on a prepaid cell and go to sleep. Aint $@+$ gonna happen to me buddy.

So what if they want you to pay first? That's just using common sense. Has nothing to do with ppl being considerate or not. Also stealing food is not the same as changing your mind about what you want to eat and not notifying the place you ordered the take-out.
Originally Posted by sreggie101

It's kind of a douchey move, but people change their minds sometimes, ##*! happens. I would have at least called and told them, but I'm not about to give you a Congressional Medal of Honor either.

They would have just put it under a heating lamp and served it to the next person to order it or eaten it themselves at the end of the night.
More like the food would have been thrown out and wasted.
laugh.gif
You can't really think that or are extremely foolish. Throwing out untouched recently prepared food?
Originally Posted by PharelFor3

Food doesn't get thrown out at the radom chinese spots. I see McD's but it's a multi billion $ corp. the thing about that is because of people like your boy, the spots around me dont make the food till you come in and say 5 more minutes eventhough you called in 15 mins ago. smh
Then show up 20 min later instead of 15.
Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

eek.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
In this guys world the only people you have to respect is your parents, dont waste your time.
The only ppl you have to respect are the ppl that earn it. The issue of respect isn't even relevant in a transaction of money for food.

It's just hilarious in a place as hedonistic and immoral as NT that THIS, ordering food and changing your mind, is the line. Start a topic bragging about infidelity, stealing, cheating, violence and get all the smokey face emoticons, but don't you dare order some chicken and not pick that +**# up, and tip them of course for the favor of putting your food in a bag. That's just unacceptable.
laugh.gif

#____thechickenand___youand___yourrestaurantand____your3dollaranhourpaycheckand____allthemnonchineseinthekitchen____aintauthenticnoway

Back
Top Bottom