ordering takeout and not picking it up

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

Does Government cheese even exist? The food stamps i have seen, it is just block cheese of which you can buy any brand, including the national brand. It seems like, "Government sponsored," cheese would make sense, but Government cheese as if it's some type of inferior, not quite.
Guvment cheese stopped in the late 80s to the best of my knowledge.

edit:

early 90s 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Government_cheese

yep, peanut butter too. That's how I knew dude is just trying to ruffle feathers.

Of course you don't have to pick it up once you order it.

You are just being inconsiderate.

For the people who don't think anything is wrong: 

Do you enjoy putting effort to cooking food for someone, for them to just tell you once you finish that they don't want it anymore? If you don't mind it, maybe you just like to be used.

Of course I would mind but the food wouldn't go to waste (more for me) and I wouldn't be mad that someone didn't like my cooking or couldn't eat all of it.

Lots of minimum wage making +!+ food service workers on NT.
laugh.gif
at all this wasn't raised right, shows your character, dead him as a friend talk over some damn teriyaki chicken like they didn't just heat it up and give it to the next man.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Of course I would mind but the food wouldn't go to waste (more for me) and I wouldn't be mad that someone didn't like my cooking or couldn't eat all of it.
True, I have no problem with that.

You paid for his food?! You should be pimp slapped.

Spoiler [+]
With the Johnson & Johnson baby powder as well!

laugh.gif
at all this wasn't raised right, shows your character, dead him as a friend talk over some damn teriyaki chicken like they didn't just heat it up and give it to the next man.
I'm sayin'
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I'm sayin'
laugh.gif
i'll put it like this,  while it may not be necessarily that serious.    someone who would order take out and then not pick it up is an inconsiderate individual. they wasted the cooks time when he could be preparing someone elses food, and now another customer has to wait longer because they were busy making food for someone that had no intention of purchasing it.

something like that may not be serious in the bigger outlook of things but it shows the type of qualities a person has and it gives off a perception and a delusional mindset that the world revolves around them.

Originally Posted by Rex Ryan

laugh.gif
I'm sayin'
laugh.gif
i'll put it like this,  while it may not be necessarily that serious.    someone who would order take out and then not pick it up is an inconsiderate individual. they wasted the cooks time when he could be preparing someone elses food, and now another customer has to wait longer because they were busy making food for someone that had no intention of purchasing it.

something like that may not be serious in the bigger outlook of things but it shows the type of qualities a person has and it gives off a perception and a delusional mindset that the world revolves around them.

from the same dude who allegedly attempts incite mobs to attack individuals at shoe releases if you don't get your size?

Not to mention these are commonly the same ones who cosign spitting in people's food, dinging up their cars on purpose, or worse because they are upset about the amount of optional gratuity they receive.

Sorry I'm not ready to annoint OP to the Popehood.

I'm sayin'
laugh.gif

from the same dude who allegedly attempts incite mobs to attack individuals at shoe releases if you don't get your size?

well you got me there.

im a hypocrite, sue me.   and for the record the few times dudes in front of me hoarded pairs at releases when it was a 1 pair limit allowed i got my pair from one of them for retail plus tax and that's no bs

this is like telling a friend to buy a concert ticket for you to a concert they were already going to and you saying you dont want it anymore after he/she bought em.

laugh.gif
I'm sayin'
laugh.gif

Pretty much, I mean it happens, but if you do it constantly and dont feel bad about wasting peoples time, you're a jerk.

Originally Posted by ChicagoKid23

if i was running the store im saving your number and the next time you call imma take down the order tell you 45 mins and not even tell the cooks to cook it

X2 

laugh.gif

grin.gif

You better be making 6  figures,  and I know you not cause you would have gotten lypo or gastro already for your little weight problem
laugh.gif

Its called common courtesy, Im sure the ones talking about deaded friendships are trolling

Let me make this a little more simple.. You own a restaurant

Lets say people go into your restaurant (people calling the food joint your going to buy from)

You order the food (ordering on the phone)

You make the people's food (the other people making your food)

The food is all ready, plated and ready to go out to the customer. But while you are going this, the customers decide to leave. (same as not picking it up at all)

This is the same situation as OP but a different scenario because it is over the phone. But it is also the same thing because the food you just made for the people that ordered it decided that they wanted something else, so they bounce. How would you feel as the owner/cook, taking your time making the food, when you could have been preparing to close up the shop or do other things for the shop or whatever. How about you had to cut extra meat for just to make that or extra something for that meal... How would you feel if you went through all that trouble and then at the end of all of it. The customer isnt there to pay you for the food? Or the service... Now what are you going to do?

Originally Posted by cguy610

This is why people can't have nice things. They do you a favor and cook your food so you can pick it up and ya'll act like jerkoffs by not picking up the food. SMH at thinking that's cool.
eek.gif
What world you living in?
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
The real world where things like this have repercussions.  If enough of ya'll grimey people act inconsiderate, places will stop taking phone orders.  Just like late at night when some places want you to pay first, why, because people like ya'll dipped out without paying. 

Varsity, I would be mildly annoyed, then take the teriyaki chicken and put it under a heating lamp or to the side because I bet somebody is going to order that at some point later in the day. If not, just keep it and let myself or my employees take it at the end of the business days. Pizza places do it all the time.

Solerunner, pretty large deviation between minimum wage and 6 figures don't ya think? If it makes you sleep better at night, I am closer to the latter than the former though. Thanks for your concern.

i ordered some pasta one time baked out my mind

and said takeout instead of "delivery" thinking they will "take the food out to my place"

needless to say they called back a hour later madd hell...made sure to never order there again
laugh.gif

It's kind of a douchey move, but people change their minds sometimes, ##*! happens. I would have at least called and told them, but I'm not about to give you a Congressional Medal of Honor either.

They would have just put it under a heating lamp and served it to the next person to order it or eaten it themselves at the end of the night.

More like the food would have been thrown out and wasted.

Food doesn't get thrown out at the radom chinese spots. I see McD's but it's a multi billion $ corp. the thing about that is because of people like your boy, the spots around me dont make the food till you come in and say 5 more minutes eventhough you called in 15 mins ago. smh

Originally Posted by smellyginger

i've changed my mind after ordering in drive thru...i looked at them and proceeded to drive to five guys instead
You're a real G.

Back
Top Bottom