ordering takeout and not picking it up

most of NT can't even afford real food.

dudes be on the hood chicken box spot or government cheese x hotpocket combo.

thats why they are inconsiderate, bc they weren't raised right.

threads like these tend to show the character of some members on here  and the lack of character of other members.

This is why people can't have nice things. They do you a favor and cook your food so you can pick it up and ya'll act like jerkoffs by not picking up the food. SMH at thinking that's cool.

If they reheated the chicken to serve to someone else and they complain about dried chicken then you're gonna end up tossing the food away or maybe lose a customer next time. It ain't a Panda Express where you can put it back on the warmer and it'll be okay.

if i was running the store im saving your number and the next time you call imma take down the order tell you 45 mins and not even tell the cooks to cook it

Originally Posted by John Mayer

whut? 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by cguy610

This is why people can't have nice things. They do you a favor and cook your food so you can pick it up and ya'll act like jerkoffs by not picking up the food. SMH at thinking that's cool.

lol, they're not doing anyone a favor.  It's a TRANSACTION, meaning that im the paying customer exchanging MONEY for the food I ordered, the fact that they will cook and package my food is a given.  But until money goes in one hand and food is given to the other, no one owes anyone anything.  
Am I knowingly allowing the restaurant to chalk up an L as a consequence of my decision?  Sure.  But in a free economy where I am allowed to spend the money I earn where and when I please, is it my responsibility to care?  The unfortunate truth is, no.

Originally Posted by Rex Ryan

threads like these tend to show the character of some members on here  and the lack of character of other members.

Originally Posted by chickencurry4eva

lol, they're not doing anyone a favor.  It's a TRANSACTION, meaning that im the paying customer exchanging MONEY for the food I ordered, the fact that they will cook and package my food is a given.  But until money goes in one hand and food is given to the other, no one owes anyone anything.  
Am I knowingly allowing the restaurant to chalk up an L as a consequence of my decision?  Sure.  But in a free economy where I am allowed to spend the money I earn where and when I please, is it my responsibility to care?  The unfortunate truth is, no. 
Actually, the promise of money is what makes them cook the food. Just because you don't give them money yet, doesn't mean you're not in a transaction... the luxury of making an order over the phone means you owe them payment or the courtesy of cancelling if you change your mind.

youre friend is inconsiderate.

if it's ok to cancel your order, then it's ok if the restaurant not to even cook your food if they are busy. and if they offer delivery, and decide no cause they are busy, then all that is fair game?

No.
When yo place an order you agree that the restaurant will cook your food in exchange for your money. You can cancel the order as long as it not being prepared, but once it's ready, you have to pay for it.

qft

Originally Posted by Gry60

No.
When yo place an order you agree that the restaurant will cook your food in exchange for your money. You can cancel the order as long as it not being prepared, but once it's ready, you have to pay for it.
So as a customer I'm supposed to know exactly when the ingredients used to make my order and going into the wok, and also when the prepared food is coming out and into a container?  So if I want to change my order I have until that arbitrary moment in time to cancel it if I see fit?  Talk about a race against the clock 
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

^ use some common sense, usually they will tell you it would take 15 minutes or so. If you call and cancel before they cook, they are usually ok. If you called and tried to cancel and they said they cooked it, pay for it.

Sounds like you got issues
laugh.gif
Should be mad at America if you believe that.

eek.gif
What world you living in?
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

No.
So as a customer I'm supposed to know exactly when the ingredients used to make my order and going into the wok, and also when the prepared food is coming out and into a container?  So if I want to change my order I have until that arbitrary moment in time to cancel it if I see fit?  Talk about a race against the clock 
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

or just figure out what you want to order before actually ordering it.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Sounds like you got issues
laugh.gif
Should be mad at America if you believe that.

That's what i'm saying. He knows deep down, that post was toward minorities!
laugh.gif

Just kidding.

RACIST!

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Actually, the promise of money is what makes them cook the food. Just because you don't give them money yet, doesn't mean you're not in a transaction... the luxury of making an order over the phone means you owe them payment or the courtesy of cancelling if you change your mind.
I honestly think calling over the phone isn't even part of it or a safeguard from preventing this behavior.

I've had friends order in person. Felt they were taking too long to prepare the food and just dip because of the wait on some "Seinfeld 4!" steez. Knowing the food was being made and that'd be the same as ordering in a diner or spot like Applebee's.

The transaction can and will be rightfully canceled depending on various factors. Changing your mind about what you want to eat is one of them.

No.
No you do not and you're a fool for thinking so.

05521970-bertstare-.gif

Does Government cheese even exist? The food stamps i have seen, it is just block cheese of which you can buy any brand, including the national brand. It seems like, "Government sponsored," cheese would make sense, but Government cheese as if it's some type of inferior, not quite.

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

Does Government cheese even exist? The food stamps i have seen, it is just block cheese of which you can buy any brand, including the national brand. It seems like, "Government sponsored," cheese would make sense, but Government cheese as if it's some type of inferior, not quite.
Guvment cheese stopped in the late 80s to the best of my knowledge.

edit:

early 90s 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Government_cheese

Back
Top Bottom