Osama Bin Laden is dead

I dunno why but I expected the situation room at the white house to be super cool and dark and way more high tech.

Oh well.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Originally Posted by cguy610

That's my fault.  I should have put a personal note under the vid.  I posted that vid for the people that give Bush credit for finding Osama.
Neither Bush nor Obama should be given credit for it. 
The military/ para-military intelligence structure was there long before Bush or Obama got into office. 

Credit should be given to the people who grind for the info day in and day out. Whether they are officers or analysts of the DoD/NSA/CIA/Military. 

I don';t think Bush was lying when he claimed that the capture of Bin Laden didn't matter. Yeh, it might've been better to capture/kill him but as far as the  grander picture nothing material changes. Just look at Israel. They've killed terrorist head honcho after head honcho and the problems are still there. 
True, the military deserves the props, but we all know who wins politically -Obama. As far as Bin Laden being insignificant, eh lets be cereal. He founded Al-Queda, and lets be honest - was highly intelligent. I don't doubt that Al-Queda will continue for now, but lets not pretend that the killing wasn't significant. That being said,  I really wouldn't compare Al-Queda to Hamas, but that's a whole nother topic all together. 

He wasn't the founder of Al-Qaeda though. All evidence points to him being a financier during the Soviet-Afghan war but not a significant figure in the Mujahideen
effort against the Soviets. Sometime after the Persian Gulf war he became incensed and started organizing against the US. To call him the founder of Al-Qaeda is a misnomer though. The original founders of Al-Qaeda were the Saudis/Pakistan/ and US. 
Al-Qaeda and Hamas are different. I didn't meant to equate them specifically. Israel has been going after various heads for decades now. One pops up right after another. 

That's my fault.  I should have put a personal note under the vid.  I posted that vid for the people that give Bush credit for finding Osama.
The military/ para-military intelligence structure was there long before Bush or Obama got into office. 

Credit should be given to the people who grind for the info day in and day out. Whether they are officers or analysts of the DoD/NSA/CIA/Military. 

I don';t think Bush was lying when he claimed that the capture of Bin Laden didn't matter. Yeh, it might've been better to capture/kill him but as far as the  grander picture nothing material changes. Just look at Israel. They've killed terrorist head honcho after head honcho and the problems are still there. 
True, the military deserves the props, but we all know who wins politically -Obama. As far as Bin Laden being insignificant, eh lets be cereal. He founded Al-Queda, and lets be honest - was highly intelligent. I don't doubt that Al-Queda will continue for now, but lets not pretend that the killing wasn't significant. That being said,  I really wouldn't compare Al-Queda to Hamas, but that's a whole nother topic all together. 

He wasn't the founder of Al-Qaeda though. All evidence points to him being a financier during the Soviet-Afghan war but not a significant figure in the Mujahideen
effort against the Soviets. Sometime after the Persian Gulf war he became incensed and started organizing against the US. To call him the founder of Al-Qaeda is a misnomer though. The original founders of Al-Qaeda were the Saudis/Pakistan/ and US. 
Al-Qaeda and Hamas are different. I didn't meant to equate them specifically. Israel has been going after various heads for decades now. One pops up right after another. 

Originally Posted by RufioRufioRufio

PoloLax wrote:

You know nothing about politics. 2011 is an off-year election, mainly municipal elections, not many if at all any state or federal elections. Just because he kicked off his campaign, doesn't mean it's an election year for him. An election year refers to the people actually being elected in that year, Obama is not up for re-election this November.

Thanks for the compliment. 
People who claim to know/ are into politics are usually airheads for lack of a better term.

You're using the literal definition of an election year. Don't use it because it ain't worth *#*#. Election cycles are multi-year nowadays and so are "election years". 

Go break a leg at the next Obama rally! 

We expect to see a pic of your leg in  cast. Guy. 
polo dont mind this joke. election years are the year the election is held.  let's guess when the next election year is for the next president
alien.gif

of course his next statement is gonna bash obama. why because he still clearly salty from 2008. and his underhanded comments about not knowing politics.  my man was the sarah palin ot the nt political debates in 08.  while t-bone was reppin stormfront republicans hard. this guy was just a dumb broad acting extra sensitive.  oh and btw, ask him where he's from. it will make sense about his views on the middle east.
nerd.gif

Explain how I voted for Nader then. 
laugh.gif

NT never fails. 

and any money he got that idea from whatever cable news show thats on right now.  if he watched the factor he got it from the one of the guests
roll.gif

despite my political leanings i watched foxnews tonight and i will actually commend bill and sean for their efforts to remain positive in ther respective programs

Would be ind of hard since I don't watch any of the news channels on TV. 

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If the original story given is #!$%!+!! then use your imagination. There are certain things that make sense when viewed in light of the facts and certain things that don't.  I know they don;t teach much critical thinking in school today so I'm not that disappointed.
laugh.gif
 [/font]

Originally Posted by RufioRufioRufio

PoloLax wrote:

You know nothing about politics. 2011 is an off-year election, mainly municipal elections, not many if at all any state or federal elections. Just because he kicked off his campaign, doesn't mean it's an election year for him. An election year refers to the people actually being elected in that year, Obama is not up for re-election this November.

Thanks for the compliment. 
People who claim to know/ are into politics are usually airheads for lack of a better term.

You're using the literal definition of an election year. Don't use it because it ain't worth *#*#. Election cycles are multi-year nowadays and so are "election years". 

Go break a leg at the next Obama rally! 

We expect to see a pic of your leg in  cast. Guy. 
polo dont mind this joke. election years are the year the election is held.  let's guess when the next election year is for the next president
alien.gif

of course his next statement is gonna bash obama. why because he still clearly salty from 2008. and his underhanded comments about not knowing politics.  my man was the sarah palin ot the nt political debates in 08.  while t-bone was reppin stormfront republicans hard. this guy was just a dumb broad acting extra sensitive.  oh and btw, ask him where he's from. it will make sense about his views on the middle east.
nerd.gif

Explain how I voted for Nader then. 
laugh.gif

NT never fails. 

and any money he got that idea from whatever cable news show thats on right now.  if he watched the factor he got it from the one of the guests
roll.gif

despite my political leanings i watched foxnews tonight and i will actually commend bill and sean for their efforts to remain positive in ther respective programs

Would be ind of hard since I don't watch any of the news channels on TV. 

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If the original story given is #!$%!+!! then use your imagination. There are certain things that make sense when viewed in light of the facts and certain things that don't.  I know they don;t teach much critical thinking in school today so I'm not that disappointed.
laugh.gif
 [/font]

effort against the Soviets. Sometime after the Persian Gulf war he became incensed and started organizing against the US. To call him the founder of Al-Qaeda is a misnomer though. The original founders of Al-Qaeda were the Saudis/Paskitan/ and US.

alien.gif

What ? 

effort against the Soviets. Sometime after the Persian Gulf war he became incensed and started organizing against the US. To call him the founder of Al-Qaeda is a misnomer though. The original founders of Al-Qaeda were the Saudis/Paskitan/ and US.

alien.gif

What ? 

They were watching the "Real Time" events happening when the SEAL's entered the compound.

The photo in front of Clinton looks like an aerial view of the compound.

They were watching the "Real Time" events happening when the SEAL's entered the compound.

The photo in front of Clinton looks like an aerial view of the compound.

Originally Posted by tkthafm

alien.gif

What ? 

Saudis supplied the manpower and money. US supplied money,military intelligence, and arms. Pakista, via it's ISI, provided the training/ organization as well as weapons purchases with Saudi money.

Originally Posted by BlazeDHoisanDoi

look, All you guys that is judging Osama bin laden without meeting the guy needs to sit down. To say stuff like "to hell with that scumbag" makes you sound very ignorant. You don't know if he really commited the crime the American government accused him of. I'm not defending the guy but all I'm saying is I live by only god can judge me and I wouldn't want anyone to judge me before meeting me.

I love the USA and I'm very patriotic but I'm not sure if the US government is showing me that same patriotism back. I'm very skeptical about anything a white congressman say on TV and I'm trying to be as unbiased and open-minded as possible.

QFT Except the white congressman part I don't believe much politicians

Originally Posted by tkthafm

alien.gif

What ? 

Saudis supplied the manpower and money. US supplied money,military intelligence, and arms. Pakista, via it's ISI, provided the training/ organization as well as weapons purchases with Saudi money.

Originally Posted by BlazeDHoisanDoi

look, All you guys that is judging Osama bin laden without meeting the guy needs to sit down. To say stuff like "to hell with that scumbag" makes you sound very ignorant. You don't know if he really commited the crime the American government accused him of. I'm not defending the guy but all I'm saying is I live by only god can judge me and I wouldn't want anyone to judge me before meeting me.

I love the USA and I'm very patriotic but I'm not sure if the US government is showing me that same patriotism back. I'm very skeptical about anything a white congressman say on TV and I'm trying to be as unbiased and open-minded as possible.

QFT Except the white congressman part I don't believe much politicians

I know it's bad to murder another human being and condone the death of a man, but I think we can make an exception for this douche.

Originally Posted by Mo Matik

Originally Posted by TonyReali

You're trying way too hard, brah.
Can't come up with an intelligent retort, eh?

People are celebrating the fact that this mass murderer of innocent civilians was caught an brought to justice. 
I was trying to make a point.  Everyone copied the top quote, didn't check out the story underneath.

Picture-23.jpg

[h3]Graffiti on Portland mosque under investigation[/h3]http://www.pressherald.co...under-investigation.html

I was relieved with his death too.  Not only is Osama responsible for the deaths of more Muslims than Americans, but I was affected by 9/11 too.  I'm born n raised in NJ my dad was working 4 blocks away from the towers that day and I was scared for his life just like any other American would be.

Let me be clear when I say that all this excitement really does scare me as an American Muslim.  I understand relief, and praise, but I celebrate the death of no man.
And they misspelled "tomorrow".

Originally Posted by Mo Matik

Originally Posted by TonyReali

You're trying way too hard, brah.
Can't come up with an intelligent retort, eh?

People are celebrating the fact that this mass murderer of innocent civilians was caught an brought to justice. 
I was trying to make a point.  Everyone copied the top quote, didn't check out the story underneath.

Picture-23.jpg

[h3]Graffiti on Portland mosque under investigation[/h3]http://www.pressherald.co...under-investigation.html

I was relieved with his death too.  Not only is Osama responsible for the deaths of more Muslims than Americans, but I was affected by 9/11 too.  I'm born n raised in NJ my dad was working 4 blocks away from the towers that day and I was scared for his life just like any other American would be.

Let me be clear when I say that all this excitement really does scare me as an American Muslim.  I understand relief, and praise, but I celebrate the death of no man.
And they misspelled "tomorrow".

I know it's bad to murder another human being and condone the death of a man, but I think we can make an exception for this douche.

Originally Posted by Hazeleyed Honey

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

i understand getting all perspectives but you are linking articles from one really extreme viewpoint. like i said, if he was ill or died years ago, GW would have been all over it. it would have completely changed his legacy as president. it was probably the most important thing he wanted to accomplish and it would have simultaneously kept a republican in the white house after his 2nd term was up.

I think the exact opposite. The main point of keeping Osama alive was to keep him as the boogeyman to manipulate the masses and create fear. Let's say Osama died back in 2001 from kidney failure, what would be the justification in continuing the war in Afghanistan and then lying about the WMDs and the links to Saddam with Al Qaeda to get into Iraq to get control of the natural resources and place pro-American regimes in those countries for geopolitical interests and power? Then the public would be like, ok, Osama's dead, pull out. Why do you think Bush was re-elected? He used the fear tactic of the War on Terrorism, Al Qaeda and Osama.

If this is not true and it was all fabricated in capturing Osama (maybe if he died a decade ago later in the following years, due to the dwindling U.S. dollar and how much these wars put them in massive deficits, now they can have some sort of exit for the troops. The American public has had enough of the wars too and not as much support for them like a decade ago.

If there was no 9/11, they would not have been as easily to get public acceptance to go to war in Afghanistan and Iraq. Using Osama as the boogeyman and the pretext of 9/11 for the justification of wars is how they were able to fool the world and the American masses for support for the wars and to continue the wars to gain their economic means and interests.

Just playing devil's advocate.

you probably dont believe this, but that war on Iraq was going to happen with or without 9/11. i assumed that was common knowledge. it definitely gave the US more reason to get people on board with it though.  anyway i see what you are saying, you are definitely not playing devils advocate though. clearly biased but we all are so i dont mind
laugh.gif

its just my opinion that if this guy has been dead, this is not the time they would have announced it. it would have happened long ago. no way Bush leaves office knowing that Osama is dead and not announcing it.

Originally Posted by Hazeleyed Honey

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

i understand getting all perspectives but you are linking articles from one really extreme viewpoint. like i said, if he was ill or died years ago, GW would have been all over it. it would have completely changed his legacy as president. it was probably the most important thing he wanted to accomplish and it would have simultaneously kept a republican in the white house after his 2nd term was up.

I think the exact opposite. The main point of keeping Osama alive was to keep him as the boogeyman to manipulate the masses and create fear. Let's say Osama died back in 2001 from kidney failure, what would be the justification in continuing the war in Afghanistan and then lying about the WMDs and the links to Saddam with Al Qaeda to get into Iraq to get control of the natural resources and place pro-American regimes in those countries for geopolitical interests and power? Then the public would be like, ok, Osama's dead, pull out. Why do you think Bush was re-elected? He used the fear tactic of the War on Terrorism, Al Qaeda and Osama.

If this is not true and it was all fabricated in capturing Osama (maybe if he died a decade ago later in the following years, due to the dwindling U.S. dollar and how much these wars put them in massive deficits, now they can have some sort of exit for the troops. The American public has had enough of the wars too and not as much support for them like a decade ago.

If there was no 9/11, they would not have been as easily to get public acceptance to go to war in Afghanistan and Iraq. Using Osama as the boogeyman and the pretext of 9/11 for the justification of wars is how they were able to fool the world and the American masses for support for the wars and to continue the wars to gain their economic means and interests.

Just playing devil's advocate.

you probably dont believe this, but that war on Iraq was going to happen with or without 9/11. i assumed that was common knowledge. it definitely gave the US more reason to get people on board with it though.  anyway i see what you are saying, you are definitely not playing devils advocate though. clearly biased but we all are so i dont mind
laugh.gif

its just my opinion that if this guy has been dead, this is not the time they would have announced it. it would have happened long ago. no way Bush leaves office knowing that Osama is dead and not announcing it.

Looking at the compound, it looks more like a prison. Wouldn't be surprised if the guards were there to keep Bin Laden from leaving and not as protection. 
It could've been that Bin Laden was basically told by the Paskitanis that either he keeps his a ss there or start hopping across half the world and get killed fairly quickly. The Saudi's and Pakistani's have close ties and the Bin Laden family is part of the Saudi elite. There might've been a deal struck there between the Saudis and Pakistan. 

The US surely knew one way or another what was going on. Maybe they were collecting intel all this time. No reason to kill him then. 

A reason to kill him would be that they saw the intel trail running cold in the near future and OBL at that compound would've outlived his usefulness. 

Maybe he was dying? Might as well use OBL the same way that he used America. The ultimate irony? 

Here is my theory, for what it's worth:

Obama was on the run in Afghanistan after 9/11 and upon crossing over into Pakistan he was captured ... Ask yourself, what good would it have done for Pakistan to admit they got Bin Laden? They held him in abeyance, so to speak, waiting until the U.S. wanted him bad enough to overpay for him ... He was held against his will, but also protected from any and every threat ... Meanwhile around 2003, Bush would have "killed him" if it wasnt for the Saudi's striking a deal that prolonged  the situation, buying OBL some time to "conduct more terrorist attacks" or simply live ... It wasnt worth the price for Bush to get him anyway because he was getting re-elected ... Saudi's give money for building that compound and Pakistan gets to protect their second greatest asset besides oil ...

Fast forward to 2007 and we sign a new deal with Pakistan giving them even more money in an effort to "fight terrorism" aka o by the way, we still want OBL at some point ... By this time it was useless for Bush or McCain to pull the Osama card because a democrat was going to win regardless due to the economy and war ... they almost ensure an Obama victory by choosing Palin as VP, while at the same time forecasting an environment where her "fresh face" will be needed to oppose Obama's policies ... everyone knows that the majority of the country does not support Obama the policy maker, but rather Obama the face and voice ...

Fast forward to the end of 2010 ... Obama's charm is finally wearing off  and the country is going to hell ... unemployment isnt getting much better, gas and commodity prices are rising, Obama's approval is getting lower and lower ... tensions are rising all across the globe, everyone is looking at the Libya situation and casting a bad shadow on Obama's handling of it ... there's no way in hell he can get re-elected because he is so weak on foreign policy ... 

O, by the way Pakistan, you need someone like the U.S. on your side in the coming years because Saudi Arabia is amping up their oil production and GE is making billion dollar deals with them ... Saudi Arabia is obviously on the same page as us when it comes to Iran (albeit for different reasons) ... So, Pakistan, you with us or against us? You want us to stop the drones? You want us to keep pumping money into your economy? We want your oil, yes, but you understand we can take it if we want to ... You need us more than we need you, but we just so happened to be willing to trade NOW, when our country is spiraling ... Sooooooooooo time to play the OBL card ... We will be "fighting" in print for a while but it will all blow over soon enough ...

i dunno, there's so much to process it's hard to really wrap my head around all the details ... so many back door deals and possibilities ...

Looking at the compound, it looks more like a prison. Wouldn't be surprised if the guards were there to keep Bin Laden from leaving and not as protection. 
It could've been that Bin Laden was basically told by the Paskitanis that either he keeps his a ss there or start hopping across half the world and get killed fairly quickly. The Saudi's and Pakistani's have close ties and the Bin Laden family is part of the Saudi elite. There might've been a deal struck there between the Saudis and Pakistan. 

The US surely knew one way or another what was going on. Maybe they were collecting intel all this time. No reason to kill him then. 

A reason to kill him would be that they saw the intel trail running cold in the near future and OBL at that compound would've outlived his usefulness. 

Maybe he was dying? Might as well use OBL the same way that he used America. The ultimate irony? 

Here is my theory, for what it's worth:

Obama was on the run in Afghanistan after 9/11 and upon crossing over into Pakistan he was captured ... Ask yourself, what good would it have done for Pakistan to admit they got Bin Laden? They held him in abeyance, so to speak, waiting until the U.S. wanted him bad enough to overpay for him ... He was held against his will, but also protected from any and every threat ... Meanwhile around 2003, Bush would have "killed him" if it wasnt for the Saudi's striking a deal that prolonged  the situation, buying OBL some time to "conduct more terrorist attacks" or simply live ... It wasnt worth the price for Bush to get him anyway because he was getting re-elected ... Saudi's give money for building that compound and Pakistan gets to protect their second greatest asset besides oil ...

Fast forward to 2007 and we sign a new deal with Pakistan giving them even more money in an effort to "fight terrorism" aka o by the way, we still want OBL at some point ... By this time it was useless for Bush or McCain to pull the Osama card because a democrat was going to win regardless due to the economy and war ... they almost ensure an Obama victory by choosing Palin as VP, while at the same time forecasting an environment where her "fresh face" will be needed to oppose Obama's policies ... everyone knows that the majority of the country does not support Obama the policy maker, but rather Obama the face and voice ...

Fast forward to the end of 2010 ... Obama's charm is finally wearing off  and the country is going to hell ... unemployment isnt getting much better, gas and commodity prices are rising, Obama's approval is getting lower and lower ... tensions are rising all across the globe, everyone is looking at the Libya situation and casting a bad shadow on Obama's handling of it ... there's no way in hell he can get re-elected because he is so weak on foreign policy ... 

O, by the way Pakistan, you need someone like the U.S. on your side in the coming years because Saudi Arabia is amping up their oil production and GE is making billion dollar deals with them ... Saudi Arabia is obviously on the same page as us when it comes to Iran (albeit for different reasons) ... So, Pakistan, you with us or against us? You want us to stop the drones? You want us to keep pumping money into your economy? We want your oil, yes, but you understand we can take it if we want to ... You need us more than we need you, but we just so happened to be willing to trade NOW, when our country is spiraling ... Sooooooooooo time to play the OBL card ... We will be "fighting" in print for a while but it will all blow over soon enough ...

i dunno, there's so much to process it's hard to really wrap my head around all the details ... so many back door deals and possibilities ...

Back
Top Bottom