Osama Bin Laden is dead

Bush was the one who initially made Osama the biggest "threat" in the first place. So I fail to see the reasoning in posting one of his vids debunking his initial theatrics. Bush slowly started mentioning Hussein in place of Osama in his speeches, not because of a shift in "strategy" but because he couldn't find the guy, and was screwed after saying how big of a deal he was. I am not saying Osama's death ended anything, It just isn't as minute as some of you guys claim.He (bush) Became annoyed (as proven in the video) with the hole he had dug himself into, and as stated before- in speeches he had already phased out the idea of Osama-who he couldn't find, with Hussein- who he could. So his downplaying the significance of Osama essentially means nothing.

Originally Posted by TonyReali

Originally Posted by cguy610

Originally Posted by Mo Matik

[h6]"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."
[/h6][h6]- Martin Luther King, Jr[/h6]

Do you use this quote anytime a murderer is brought to justice?  A trial would have resulted in his death anyways.  Should we let all murderers just roam free, foreign and domestic?
You're trying way too hard, brah.
Can't come up with an intelligent retort, eh?

People are celebrating the fact that this mass murderer of innocent civilians was caught an brought to justice. 

Originally Posted by TonyReali

[h6]"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."

Do you use this quote anytime a murderer is brought to justice?  A trial would have resulted in his death anyways.  Should we let all murderers just roam free, foreign and domestic?
You're trying way too hard, brah.
Can't come up with an intelligent retort, eh?

People are celebrating the fact that this mass murderer of innocent civilians was caught an brought to justice. 

I don't care what some people are saying. This is reason enough for me to celebrate!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by KatieJade4

Not to mention this wasn't much a victory. Nothing will change. The war is not over. Troops are not on their way home.
When that day comes, I'll celebrate. 

Agreed. But a lot of people celebrate just to feel apart of history or to follow the pack, not because they have some big personal belief on the issue. I was in Chicago the night Obama was elected, went with a huge group of people to the rally. Everybody was celebrating and wearing Obama shirts, stickers, hats etc, all this excitement and out of that huge group of people that went, over 80% didn't even vote for Obama. And this was true for a lot of people there in Grant Park that night. Celebrating a cause that they did not contribute to. People celebrate just to do it.

-The Juice

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Bush was the one who initially made Osama the biggest "threat" in the first place. So I fail to see the reasoning in posting one of his vids debunking his initial theatrics. Bush slowly started mentioning Hussein in place of Osama in his speeches, not because of a shift in "strategy" but because he couldn't find the guy, and was screwed after saying how big of a deal he was. I am not saying Osama's death ended anything, It just isn't as minute as some of you guys claim.He (bush) Became annoyed (as proven in the video) with the hole he had dug himself into, and as stated before- in speeches he had already phased out the idea of Osama-who he couldn't find, with Hussein- who he could. So his downplaying the significance of Osama essentially means nothing.
That's my fault.  I should have put a personal note under the vid.  I posted that vid for the people that give Bush credit for finding Osama.

Not to mention this wasn't much a victory. Nothing will change. The war is not over. Troops are not on their way home.

Agreed. But a lot of people celebrate just to feel apart of history or to follow the pack, not because they have some big personal belief on the issue. I was in Chicago the night Obama was elected, went with a huge group of people to the rally. Everybody was celebrating and wearing Obama shirts, stickers, hats etc, all this excitement and out of that huge group of people that went, over 80% didn't even vote for Obama. And this was true for a lot of people there in Grant Park that night. Celebrating a cause that they did not contribute to. People celebrate just to do it.

-The Juice

That's my fault.  I should have put a personal note under the vid.  I posted that vid for the people that give Bush credit for finding Osama.

go tell this to the families of those who lost loved ones as a result of the 9/11 attacks and see what they tell you.

go tell this to the families of those who lost loved ones as a result of the 9/11 attacks and see what they tell you.

Originally Posted by Benihana

-The Juice

Celebrating an election is way different than celebrating a death. Shame on everyone that was celebrating last night, whether they were genuinely happy about the demise of Osama or whether they were following the crowd or trying to be part of history. I just think us celebrating is making us just as bad as our enemies and I think we're better than that. 
But whatever... I guess you either celebrate or you don't
roll.gif

Neither Bush nor Obama should be given credit for it. 
The military/ para-military intelligence structure was there long before Bush or Obama got into office. 

Credit should be given to the people who grind for the info day in and day out. Whether they are officers or analysts of the DoD/NSA/CIA/Military. 

I don';t think Bush was lying when he claimed that the capture of Bin Laden didn't matter. Yeh, it might've been better to capture/kill him but as far as the  grander picture nothing material changes. Just look at Israel. They've killed terrorist head honcho after head honcho and the problems are still there. 

Neither Bush nor Obama should be given credit for it. 
The military/ para-military intelligence structure was there long before Bush or Obama got into office. 

Credit should be given to the people who grind for the info day in and day out. Whether they are officers or analysts of the DoD/NSA/CIA/Military. 

I don';t think Bush was lying when he claimed that the capture of Bin Laden didn't matter. Yeh, it might've been better to capture/kill him but as far as the  grander picture nothing material changes. Just look at Israel. They've killed terrorist head honcho after head honcho and the problems are still there. 

Originally Posted by Benihana

-The Juice

Celebrating an election is way different than celebrating a death. Shame on everyone that was celebrating last night, whether they were genuinely happy about the demise of Osama or whether they were following the crowd or trying to be part of history. I just think us celebrating is making us just as bad as our enemies and I think we're better than that. 
But whatever... I guess you either celebrate or you don't
roll.gif

[h1]Rashard Mendenhall raises eyebrows with bin Laden tweets[/h1]
Posted by Mike Florio on May 2, 2011, 9:34 PM EDT

rashardmendenhallfeb6getty1-e1304386681823.jpg
Getty Images
Several of you have pointed out to us some potentially controversial messages appearing today on the Twitter account of Steelers running back Rashard Mendenhall.

Though it’s not a verified account, it’s being followed by other Steelers, including safety Troy Polamalucenter Maurkice Pouncey.  Also, Mendenhall’s account attracted attention in March, when he supported Vikings running backAdrian Peterson’s comparison of pro football to slavery.

This time around, Mendenhall is offering opinions regarding the death of Osama bin Laden, and questioning whether the planes that hit the World Trade Center caused the collapse of the twin towers.

“We’ll never know what really happened,

Getty Images
Several of you have pointed out to us some potentially controversial messages appearing today on the Twitter account of Steelers running back Rashard Mendenhall.

Though it’s not a verified account, it’s being followed by other Steelers, including safety Troy Polamalucenter Maurkice Pouncey.  Also, Mendenhall’s account attracted attention in March, when he supported Vikings running backAdrian Peterson’s comparison of pro football to slavery.

This time around, Mendenhall is offering opinions regarding the death of Osama bin Laden, and questioning whether the planes that hit the World Trade Center caused the collapse of the twin towers.

wawaweewa wrote:

Poor try?

You can kick of a campaign,�it doesn't mean it's an election year.�2012 is the election year guy.
��
Once you kick it off that's your election year (no matter how long it is).�
Especially if you want to raise 1bn.

Guy.�

You know nothing about politics. 2011 is an off-year election, mainly municipal elections, not many if at all any state or federal elections. Just because he kicked off his campaign, doesn't mean it's an election year for him. An election year refers to the people actually being elected in that year, Obama is not up for re-election this November.

wawaweewa wrote:

Poor try?

You can kick of a campaign,�it doesn't mean it's an election year.�2012 is the election year guy.
��
Once you kick it off that's your election year (no matter how long it is).�
Especially if you want to raise 1bn.

Guy.�

You know nothing about politics. 2011 is an off-year election, mainly municipal elections, not many if at all any state or federal elections. Just because he kicked off his campaign, doesn't mean it's an election year for him. An election year refers to the people actually being elected in that year, Obama is not up for re-election this November.

PoloLax wrote:

Thanks for the compliment. 
People who claim to know/ are into politics are usually airheads for lack of a better term.

You're using the literal definition of an election year. Don't use it because it ain't worth *#*#. Election cycles are multi-year nowadays and so are "election years". 

Go break a leg at the next Obama rally! 

We expect to see a pic of your leg in  cast. Guy. 

PoloLax wrote:

Thanks for the compliment. 
People who claim to know/ are into politics are usually airheads for lack of a better term.

You're using the literal definition of an election year. Don't use it because it ain't worth *#*#. Election cycles are multi-year nowadays and so are "election years". 

Go break a leg at the next Obama rally! 

We expect to see a pic of your leg in  cast. Guy. 

Originally Posted by RickFoxJr

Getty Images

Originally Posted by RickFoxJr

Getty Images

Back
Top Bottom