Osama Bin Laden is dead

Gee Wiz, this thread really slowed down... I really, really wonder why... ? 
nerd.gif

[h2]
[h2]My Reaction to Osama bin Laden’s Death[/h2]
[h3]We might ask ourselves how we would be reacting if Iraqi commandos landed at George W. Bush’s compound, assassinated him, and dumped his body in the Atlantic.[/h3]
by Noam Chomsky

It’s increasingly clear that the operation was a planned assassination, multiply violating elementary norms of international law. There appears to have been no attempt to apprehend the unarmed victim, as presumably could have been done by 80 commandos facing virtually no opposition—except, they claim, from his wife, who lunged towards them. In societies that profess some respect for law, suspects are apprehended and brought to fair trial. I stress “suspects.
[/h2]

[h2]
[h2]My Reaction to Osama bin Laden’s Death[/h2]
[h3]We might ask ourselves how we would be reacting if Iraqi commandos landed at George W. Bush’s compound, assassinated him, and dumped his body in the Atlantic.[/h3]
by Noam Chomsky

It’s increasingly clear that the operation was a planned assassination, multiply violating elementary norms of international law. There appears to have been no attempt to apprehend the unarmed victim, as presumably could have been done by 80 commandos facing virtually no opposition—except, they claim, from his wife, who lunged towards them. In societies that profess some respect for law, suspects are apprehended and brought to fair trial. I stress “suspects.
[/h2]

[h2][/h2]
[h2]Same with the name, Operation Geronimo. The imperial mentality is so profound, throughout western society, that no one can perceive that they are glorifying bin Laden by identifying him with courageous resistance against genocidal invaders. It’s like naming our murder weapons after victims of our crimes: Apache, Tomahawk… It’s as if the Luftwaffe were to call its fighter planes “Jew[/h2]

[h2][/h2]
[h2]Same with the name, Operation Geronimo. The imperial mentality is so profound, throughout western society, that no one can perceive that they are glorifying bin Laden by identifying him with courageous resistance against genocidal invaders. It’s like naming our murder weapons after victims of our crimes: Apache, Tomahawk… It’s as if the Luftwaffe were to call its fighter planes “Jew[/h2]

Wow, I am physically angry after reading what Noam Chomsky wrote. Such flagrant disregard for intellectual honesty by a self-appointed intellectual is.... Webster has no words to describe it.

There is much more to say, but even the most simple-minded and elementary members of society should realize there is a a good deal of dishonesty in what he wrote.

Wow, I am physically angry after reading what Noam Chomsky wrote. Such flagrant disregard for intellectual honesty by a self-appointed intellectual is.... Webster has no words to describe it.

There is much more to say, but even the most simple-minded and elementary members of society should realize there is a a good deal of dishonesty in what he wrote.

Back
Top Bottom