"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

I overpronate when I run, what are your thoughts on the Asiscs Gel Kayano series or anything similar. I currently run in Brooks Ravenna 11.

2DE3F8AB-2C9B-4F7F-A6D7-E2EEAB2D4B08.jpeg

Last edited:
I overpronate when I run, what are your thoughts on the Asiscs Gel Kayano series or anything similar. I currently run in Brooks Ravenna 11.
If you like very firm cushioning, you have the Kayano, Adrenaline GTS, and Saucony Omni.
For something softer, the Saucony Hurricane, Brooks Transcend and Nike Infinity React.
Also, in the shoes I mentioned, the heel-toe drops vary, so you should try a few to see what is most comfortable for you.

If you like very firm cushioning, you have the Kayano, Adrenaline GTS, and Saucony Omni.
For something softer, the Saucony Hurricane, Brooks Transcend and Nike Infinity React.
Also, in the shoes I mentioned, the heel-toe drops vary, so you should try a few to see what is most comfortable for you.
Thank you, I'll check those out.

Where would you rank those Xodus 10 when it comes to trail running shoes?
I wish I could give you a good answer, but I’ve only been running single track for a few months and only have 4 pairs of trailish shoes (X10, Wildhorse 6 👌, Peg Trail 2, and NB Crag). Still trying to find what works best for me TBH. X10 has amazing traction. Overall a decent shoe so far.

Last edited:
Hi all,
First run in the Reebok Symmetros, I am impressed - transition is so smooth and they can move too. Light, cushioned, breathable, stable and versatile. I went a size down form my normal 11 to 10.5. More stable than my Asics Novablast , not quite as fun and bouncy but as versatile, a bit firmer but still a soft feel, faster transitions and has a slight rocker which I think will make a great daily trainer . Steve

Brooks Hyperion Elite 2 feedback by Ben Johnson in his IG

I ordered a pair of these out of boredom. I'm hoping the heel counter doesn't cause the achilles rubbing issues that several reviewers have noted.

picked up the floatride energy v1 for a bit under $40 and then my sister told me about the student discount on reebok so picked up the v2 for $50 and pretty set on my daily trainers for the rest of the year

reebok seriously did a good job on the midsole just off of trying them on. upper on the v2 is better fitting for me and i guess reviews were right on it running slightly big, but not enough for me to want to size half down (went with my typical TTS that i do on all my running shoes)

now if only adidas can somehow replicate their boost midsole to be like this on their UB 2021, i’d be super in on it but very impressed with reebok
F1C58E6B-AEFC-47E4-8D18-943A7E2F8B2C.jpeg

Reebok make good running shoes. If you like Reebok you should try the Reebok Symmetros, better for longer runs, more cushion and faster transitions than the Forever floatride. Steve

Reebok make good running shoes. If you like Reebok you should try the Reebok Symmetros, better for longer runs, more cushion and faster transitions than the Forever floatride. Steve

that’s next on the list, just waiting it out for additional color ways since i don’t really like any of the current ones

S sssstan I believe Saucony hit the jackpot on how the "boost" midsole should be. Their Endorphin line are on the point.

S sssstan I believe Saucony hit the jackpot on how the "boost" midsole should be. Their Endorphin line are on the point.

do not disagree at all and enjoy my speeds a lot.
just disappointing to see adidas not ever make better improvements to boost and doesn’t look like they will with light strike appearing to me their main focus for running shoes now

I ordered a pair of these out of boredom. I'm hoping the heel counter doesn't cause the achilles rubbing issues that several reviewers have noted.
Stopped by Running Warehouse and they look amazing in person

Last edited:
Same here! I ran in Lunarglides until they were discontinued and then jumped to the Odyssey Reacts, but after a few runs they were causing me some discomfort. I jumped to the Adrenalines and am more than satisfied.

IMG_6671.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    427.8 KB · Views: 540
Back
Top Bottom