"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

yah when i saw the 40% disco, i was ready to try the symmetros

i think since running shoe sale surged during this pandemic, they were selling so well that they tried to discount them less but last year for the first ones they couldnt give them away

but yeah the 2s is definitely an upgrade in the looks department

i got a 9.5

for reference

ZF1 = 10
VFN% = 10
IR = 10
Novablast = 9.5
Rincon 9.5

i feel like im a tts 9.5 but have a wide feet so most of the time i have to size with nike either because its too narrow or i need more room in the upper and thats why i think i usually go tts with non-nike that are more generous width-wise

thanks, i generally always go TTS on all my running shoes and have slightly narrow feet but appreciate you giving the other shoes for reference

got the forerunner 45 and been in 3 runs, first the run synced automatically, second time i had to manually connect the bluetooth to my phone and then it synced and now the phone and watch is connected byt nrc still wont pick up todays run

any tips?

got the forerunner 45 and been in 3 runs, first the run synced automatically, second time i had to manually connect the bluetooth to my phone and then it synced and now the phone and watch is connected byt nrc still wont pick up todays run

any tips?

did you already have everything connected between garmin and NRC?

i know sometimes the upload to NRC is not automatically and i’ll have to kill and reopen NRC for it to eventually show up

yup, did the shole thing where i agree to all those terms about connecting the two

ive also logged out the app and then restarted my phone then resync everything and todays runs still isnt showing up

if this doesnt work im gon give up, first the apple watch became buggy and this cant even last a week

Are you syncing with Garmin Connect first? When I first got my Garmins (currently with the Fenix 6X Pro), I’ve learned that you have to sync your run with Connect first. Then you open the NRC app. You should see your Garmin runs there.

yup

i wait til it syncs with connect and first day it was automatic and quick and showed up on nrc

todays run i see on garmin connect app but nrc wont pick it up for some reason

they should find a way to import/export runs between apps if some want to do it manually

nikes super strict on that sort of stuff and doesn’t like having developers gain access to their data. one of the reasons why many use strava to share data with their friends.

but yeah the issue you’re facing is more of a NRC thing. i’ve had it happen only about 4-5 times on my 645 but zero issues syncing to everything else

which is weird because they seem to have a handshake deal where you pretty much give your garmin login to nike soits not like its some random app trying to access their data

and with apple, they have a nike edition a-ple watch soit makes even less sense to be stingy with the

8CEBBE4A-C00E-4B41-8E89-C43819DC6EDA.jpeg

C48D0F77-BB10-4D8E-9DBB-6199F0DBEEC1.jpeg

403429D5-AA0C-4E4D-9E32-5832146B01A6.jpeg

30BFA60D-C7A2-454F-8BF6-84FB93F405E4.jpeg
$225 https://www.runningwarehouse.com/New_Balance_FuelCell_RC_Elite/descpage-NBMRE.html

which is weird because they seem to have a handshake deal where you pretty much give your garmin login to nike soits not like its some random app trying to access their data

and with apple, they have a nike edition a-ple watch soit makes even less sense to be stingy with the
How's it working out now? I have a 245 and it automatically syncs. I agree it might be a NRC issue. When I had an apple watch, it was always a question whether it would sync to NRC or not. Super annoying.

it didnt sync again the next day so that bout 18 miles i lost so i returned it

How's it working out now? I have a 245 and it automatically syncs. I agree it might be a NRC issue. When I had an apple watch, it was always a question whether it would sync to NRC or not. Super annoying.
My luck using the NRC app with a phone was hit or miss at best. It drove my desire to get a watch. Now my 245m syncs to NRC and Strava flawlessly. Although, I don't really know why I sync with NRC. I prefer how Strava relates data, has a broader range of supported activities, and I am more invested in that ecosystem.

Anyone here run singletrack? I started running in the Saucony Xodus 10. They feel really stable, comfortable, and loaded with grip. While the sole is reinforced with a pliable fiber weave of some sort, I think it could still use a stiff rock plate.

IMG_20200819_184010.jpg

My luck using the NRC app with a phone was hit or miss at best. It drove my desire to get a watch. Now my 245m syncs to NRC and Strava flawlessly. Although, I don't really know why I sync with NRC. I prefer how Strava relates data, has a broader range of supported activities, and I am more invested in that ecosystem.
I think it's just because I started with NRC before I got Strava so I don't want to lose the progress (I just made Level Green!)..but for the social aspect, you can't beat Strava.

ive also been running with nrc for years if not a decade(?) so i am kind of set in there and all my data are in there

i like it and do not have a problem using it on the phone, i just wanted an option to not carry my phone once in a while

and i know nike is monitoring those runs and my numbers and one of these days they are going to pay it off... one day...

Well if you still are open to Garmin after your bad experience, try the 245. I haven't had one problem syncing to NRC in the two months that I've had it. But I guess if you don't mind running with your phone then its an unnecessary expense.

Back
Top Bottom