"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

B1E36641-73BA-4FD9-AB23-FCA872D43778.png

Is that a good thing?

lol i mean that observation is kinda funny cause the takumi sen is technically a lower stack adios pro and the upper on the prime x/takumi/adios pro are all fairly similar so not sure where they’re trying to go with it

had it been the new boston 11 with that kind of upper and midsole then great, but with just the pro 3, then seems like more of a minor upgrade

lol i mean that observation is kinda funny cause the takumi sen is technically a lower stack adios pro and the upper on the prime x/takumi/adios pro are all fairly similar so not sure where they’re trying to go with it

had it been the new boston 11 with that kind of upper and midsole then great, but with just the pro 3, then seems like more of a minor upgrade
Gonna guess we’re gonna see more photos once that Adidas only event happens in a few days in Germany.

At this rate just waiting for the lime green adios pro 2’s to go on sale to snag a pair. Wasn’t a fan of the grapes or indigo/red combo.

Adios Pro 3's look very similar. Hopefully a smidge lighter but the midsole shaping looks identical to the Adios Pro 2 aside from the slight cutout being added near the pinky toe a la the Takumi Sen 8.

Tecton X is available now on the Hoka UK site. £170 big ones.... might have impulsed bought it if it came in other colourways.

Chengdu ESpeed 2s are on sale at Saucony for $130. ID.me discount can be stacked for an additional 20% off as well. Hopefully, the Noodle cw follows suit soon because they don’t look to be moving at all!

First run in about three weeks :emoji_sweat_smile:

2EB2B6F9-31CF-44C2-ABF9-DEE11E83994A.jpeg

Was really relaxed despite the hiatus. I’ve been working the quads more in my strength training, and, LAWD, I deeply despise the alternating jump lunges :emoji_dizzy_face::emoji_confounded:

Just a heads up, I tried on the 1080v12 in a local running store today-definitely running big. I had to half size down to get a good fit. Know we have a few posters here who use that as their cruiser/daily trainer. NB sizing is all over the place! I’m an 11 in the 1080v12, 11.5 in the RC Elite v2 and a 12 in the Rebel v2😅

Just a heads up, I tried on the 1080v12 in a local running store today-definitely running big. I had to half size down to get a good fit. Know we have a few posters here who use that as their cruiser/daily trainer. NB sizing is all over the place! I’m an 11 in the 1080v12, 11.5 in the RC Elite v2 and a 12 in the Rebel v2😅
Yeah I'm a half size difference between rc elite 2 and rebel v2. No longer can consider the 1080 just because of the weight.

so apparently adidas has a running event trying to break records for adidas runners?

its live now

I noticed that in the YouTube reviews also. Disappointing. I'll have to try a half size down. Hopefully it doesn't effect the comfort since I have a wide foot. The 1080v11 is one of the few shoes I don't need in a wide.

really enjoyed the novablast2, really no difference from the first one but i did pu tin about 400-500 miles on the first one plus i really like the simple blkk&wht cw because i can wear it casually if it doesnt get in the rotation

I have like 5 pairs of the OG and didn't enjoy the ride of the second. the stability changes combined with it being more firm ruined the shoe for me.

I have like 5 pairs of the OG and didn't enjoy the ride of the second. the stability changes combined with it being more firm ruined the shoe for me.

i havent noticed the difference but probably because ive ran in the invincible and epic react 2 the past 4-5 months(?) so running in something new just feels good, also coming off the invincible im kind of used to unstable running shoe

Have the V2s gotten any discounts lately???

really enjoyed the novablast2, really no difference from the first one but i did pu tin about 400-500 miles on the first one plus i really like the simple blkk&wht cw because i can wear it casually if it doesnt get in the rotation

D9085A8D-AAC6-49CD-8167-BC5929632BB6.jpeg
Mine fit so sloppy after one run I sent them back…

Bit disappointed in the Novablast 2 outsole, started peeling and wearing out quicker than most shoes I've had. Only bought them in November and done approximately 200+ miles.

Have the V2s gotten any discounts lately???
I haven’t seen any discounts on the Rebel V2 anywhere.

I sent back the Adidas Takumi Sen 8. It felt like a great shoe, but I didn’t like the feeling of the sole in the arch. I have very flat feet, and just didn’t enjoy them as much as I wanted.

The 1080v12 does run big. Got a size 9, and would have been better half a size down. The uppers feel very breathable, and soft. These aren’t a bad shoe at all, but they are going back.

I’m really loving the cushion from Fuelcell on the V2. Got a size 9, and they fit maybe a bit too snug on the uppers with the side of my feet, so I ordered a 9-2E, along with a 9.5-2E to see how those feel. Haven’t noticed any toe issues, or pain with them being a bit more snug while running…but figured i might as well get a feel for a wide version to know for sure which works best.

I also put in an order for the RC Elite V2 to see how they compare to the Rebel. I’m hoping the for the same pillowy softness since it’s the same foam.

I’m kind of undecided on the More V3, they aren’t near as heavy feeling as my Hoka Gaviota 3, and definitely feel much more cushy & soft than the Gaviotas too. I really enjoy how light the Rebels are, and it doesn’t feel like I’m gaining any more soft, pillowy cushion from the More V3 vs the Rebel V2. Maybe if I was putting in long miles it would make more of a difference? I’ll give the More V3 another run and see if anything changes.

s3p4tu s3p4tu
Comments on them from the Believe in the Run post from yesterday seem to indicate that some people really liked them after 50 ish miles of break in, others say it was too stiff/firm with the lightning strike pro foam. BITR didn’t seem to like it that much, but maybe they didn’t get to the point of breaking them in?

Lol actually Im hoping you could provide a feedback. Tempting to grab Boston 10 since they're on discount on RW.

I ran in them quite a bit last year. They’re too heavy but oddly move pretty well on the run. Definitely a break in period is required. They feel better the more you use them. I never found them overly firm, but they do limber up a bit. Very easy to lock in a pace and forget about it

Back
Top Bottom