"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

How do you guys size your running shoes? I hear some people got .5 to a full size up as well as some go .5 size down
Unfortunately, that's something you need to try on yourself. Everyone has difference preference. Some like to be snug, extra space on the toe box, width, etc. Not to mention sometime each brand has different sizing as well. Your best bet is by going to your local running store, if you have 1 available in your city, or go to D sporting good or Hibbett.

Whatever size gets me a half to full thumbs width of space from my big toe to the end of the shoe. Sizing is fairly variable across brands so that's something to keep in mind. If at all possible I try them on, or order multiple pairs online when I order and send back the size that doesn't quite fit as well.
Just to piggyback this -- I tend to size down half on any carbon plated or tempo shoes. Prefer the snugger fit at higher pace. Typically do size up half otherwise.

I preordered mine 3 weeks ago when they said it would ship on 8/4...then got an email yesterday saying it was "delayed from the manufacturer" (even though I saw that it was available on the launch date) and my ship date was pushed from 8/4 to 8/11. Aka, typical RRS preorder experience. My AF2 preorder got outright canceled on 7/11 because the shoe was "no longer available," and then a day later they listed my size in stock. At least I got an extra $10 in rewards after I complained. :smh:
Mine was just delayed until October.

A Speed 3 cw that I haven't seen before via reddit

IMG_4285.PNG

Looking forward to their launch on the 16th! The "Beast" cw will be scooped up! I can't wait for them to unleash their creativity with the cws on these!

Thanks for the sizing insight! I like the Safety Yellow cw. I didn’t notice that it actually has a Green outsole. That could be the clincher!

and exchanging for either one of these Safety Yellow cws...

Magic Speed 2
Magic Speed 2 - Safety Yellow.jpg

Novablast 3
Novablast 3 - Safety Yellow.jpg

The Magic Speed 2s, NB3s and Dynablast 3s look to have a "September" launch via reddit
bsmtrk07thy71.jpg

Both Ekiden cws will definitely be scooped up!

Last edited:
Wonder what the difference in the “Platinum “ version is in the NovaBlast?

like previous versions, nothing much. mainly aesthetics for the platinums. only when it has the LE tacked on after the name then there will be a slight change to the upper to make it a bit more lighter/breathable

usually best to just save the money and get the regular pair united you really like a specific CW

New Metaspeed Sky+ and Edge+ cws look to be launching soon!

Opting for the Edge+ for this round of cws. I’m glad that you can distinguish them by colorway now lol

Just picked up the New Balance SC Trainer...will return with my thoughts.
Previously have ran in Hoka mach's, Bondi and Nike AF next%

Just picked up the New Balance SC Trainer...will return with my thoughts.
Previously have ran in Hoka mach's, Bondi and Nike AF next%

Reviews have been good on NB SC Trainer. Actually I'm planning to cop soon since they come in Wide.

Short review…they’re amazing

Been dealing with knee and ankle issues and these felt good out the box. Playe provides just enough stability to balance the nice bounce.
I picked up a pair on Monday night and have only done one short run in them. Really impressive soft, smooth ride and comfortable upper. Looks to be a great cruising/recovery/long run shoe in the same vein as the Invincible, but more stable and a little less bouncy. After trying these, I'm returning my ZF5s.

Back
Top Bottom