"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

Chengdu cw for the EPro3 via IG

CB889BD0-38BC-4AB6-8105-859494CC72A6.jpeg

Done a couple of runs in my Pro 3s and I really, really like them. Probably my favorite shoe of the last year.

How do they compare to the second gen? I hear it’s more similar to ES2 than EP2 due to the softer midsole foam.

How do they compare to the second gen? I hear it’s more similar to ES2 than EP2 due to the softer midsole foam.
I only have the EP1 (same midsole/outsole/plate setup) and ES1 and the midsole foam is noticeably softer than both. Compared to the EP1, it's less aggressive and harsh feeling overall, but still feels light and fast and has better grip. Saucony really did a great job with the update to the EP (and, based on reviews, the ES), completely overhauling the shoe.

I only have the EP1 (same midsole/outsole/plate setup) and ES1 and the midsole foam is noticeably softer than both. Compared to the EP1, it's less aggressive and harsh feeling overall, but still feels light and fast and has better grip. Saucony really did a great job with the update to the EP (and, based on reviews, the ES), completely overhauling the shoe.
I have the es1 and ep1 too. I agree with your assessment.

In the EP3, the roll off the front is smooth yet quite zippy. The shoe is good and forgiving at slower speeds too. They have good performance but don't feel overly complex like the AlphaFly 1 or the Temp N%.

I found them impressively stable even with all the bounce. Before I went for my first run, I had them on and threw my feet up on the table and my feet bounced at the heel a few times like a ball. It was entertaining like a party trick.

They really are fun shoes. They are flat at the insole though and those don't come out. So I threw custom insoles inside to get a better fit as I was getting hot spots without. The upper is pretty breathable.

My son (a fresman) just started cross country and we got him the Saucony Ride 15..Is that a good shoe?..He's never done cc before so I was just wondering..He tried on 8 different pairs at the store and the Ride was one of the shoes the guy recommended based on his arch/gait..Just wanted some thoughts if anyone has them..Thanks..

My son (a fresman) just started cross country and we got him the Saucony Ride 15..Is that a good shoe?..He's never done cc before so I was just wondering..He tried on 8 different pairs at the store and the Ride was one of the shoes the guy recommended based on his arch/gait..Just wanted some thoughts if anyone has them..Thanks..

ride 15 is a good shoe, not the greatest but i think if your son is just getting into running and just needs it for cross country, then he should be fine with them.

also getting fitted at a store doesn't always provide the best shoe since i've heard and read many people say that they got fitted/recommended a shoe that did not end up working for them, but YMMV

honestly if it were me, for the price of the ride 15 at retail, i would have just waited a week or two for the upcoming asics novablast 3, those are going to be one of the best, if not the best, shoe of the year for many especially with its ability to handle various runs while being super fun

ride 15 is a good shoe, not the greatest but i think if your son is just getting into running and just needs it for cross country, then he should be fine with them.

also getting fitted at a store doesn't always provide the best shoe since i've heard and read many people say that they got fitted/recommended a shoe that did not end up working for them, but YMMV

honestly if it were me, for the price of the ride 15 at retail, i would have just waited a week or two for the upcoming asics novablast 3, those are going to be one of the best, if not the best, shoe of the year for many especially with its ability to handle various runs while being super fun
Thanks for the info..He just decided last week to join the team and he's been running some adidas boost night joggers I had in the back of closet..We had to get him a pair this week (along with a physical, shorts, and all paperwork turned in) so it was really last minute..He tried on NB, asics, HOKA and the Saucony with the Ride 15s being his favorite..I was worried they wouldn't be a good shoe because neither of us has ever had a need for performance running shoes so it's good to know we made a solid purchase..Again, thank you..

And here’s their written review for a bit more detail: https://www.believeintherun.com/saucony-ride-15-review/

Thic boy is here. Omg, they're no joke judging from jogging around the house. Feel so smooth and bouncy. Glad I get the Wide version. Feel kinda snug around midfoot. Will do first run tomorrow morning.
nb_fcsc_trainer.jpg
Had a great first run in them. Bouncy, responsive, just the right amount of softness and rocker to propel you forward. They feel great even in slow pace. Good job New Balance!!

guess they aren’t going to be the endorphin speed 3 competitor i thought they would be but seems like a good shoe for me to use on the faster/workout days

Enjoyed the first iteration and am looking forward to the Magic Speed 2!

Novablast 3 still not showing anywhere in the UK which is surprising.

Back
Top Bottom