"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

Been running in bondi’s over the last year but they’ve started to feel heavy

any reco’s on the best shoes of 2021? Looking at the clifton 8 but want to hear about the best everyday runner for short/medium distance.
If you're looking for a max cushioned shoe in a similar class as the Bondi, the NB Fresh Foam More V3 is at least an ounce lighter and has similarly soft but more responsive cushioning and a more comfortable upper. It's pricier, but noticeably out-Hokas the Bondi. The Clifton 8 should be fine too but as between the very similar Clifton 7 and More V3, I like the More V3...more. I'd also recommend the Nike ZoomX Invincible if you want endless soft and bouncy cushioning. If you're looking for something well cushioned but lighter and more speed capable than these, take a look at the 2020 reigning champ - Saucony Endorphin Speed 1 (or 2, dropping in June) or Hoka Mach 4.

hennessy beach hennessy beach Like H HK47 mentioned, I've also been running on NB FF More v3 on my easy days, and I love it. Soft, responsive, smooth transition, and stable enough since it has wider base. Between this and Invincible, they are my go to shoes for easy days.

The Endorphin Shift, the high stack version of the Endorphin line, is too firm to my liking.

1AE74ACA-516C-4F04-8893-D0BB54E3CF17.jpeg

F201F3C5-FA11-4483-A854-5BF7B8B3EBDE.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm assuming that's in AUS currency? But still damn....the Adios Pro 2's price is about the same as AF.

The pricing is unlikely going to be that high in the US. Case in point, the UB 21 is $270AUD, which is $209US. If you apply the same ratio to the Prime X price, it should be around $280US.

The pricing is unlikely going to be that high in the US. Case in point, the UB 21 is $270AUD, which is $209US.

wait UBs are $210 now?

they were $180 before, makes no sense to increase the price on a shoe thats already been sitting for years with little to no improvement in tech

Sorry if I was unclear. I meant $209USD is what the direct conversion is from $270AUD at the current exchange rate. Since we know the UB21 is $180 in the US, I applied the same the ratio to the Prime X's price in AUD and got to $280USD.

Nitrogen-infused DNA Loft so it’s the softest cushion that is offered by Brooks infused with nitrogen. The forefoot is also separated into 3 parts for independent movement for your feet.
Where is the discount code for these?!? Hook the NT fam up!

If you're looking for a max cushioned shoe in a similar class as the Bondi, the NB Fresh Foam More V3 is at least an ounce lighter and has similarly soft but more responsive cushioning and a more comfortable upper. It's pricier, but noticeably out-Hokas the Bondi. The Clifton 8 should be fine too but as between the very similar Clifton 7 and More V3, I like the More V3...more. I'd also recommend the Nike ZoomX Invincible if you want endless soft and bouncy cushioning. If you're looking for something well cushioned but lighter and more speed capable than these, take a look at the 2020 reigning champ - Saucony Endorphin Speed 1 (or 2, dropping in June) or Hoka Mach 4.
Every time I take my Cliftons out, I smile. They strike such a great balance for a daily trainer. I have tried so many different competitors. They all have their strengths, but if I had to choose, my ideal trio for easy, tempo, and race would be Clifton, Speeds, VFN%. I'm not a fast guy and everyone is different, but those hit the right chord for me.

Back
Top Bottom