"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

adizero prime x

1622834354958.jpeg

A few pickups lately:

Saucony EP1 with some nice spring to it. Loves to go fast.
PXL_20210607_220408619.jpg

Hoka Challenger ATR 6 reminds my of the Clifton. Best hybrid I've tried. Actually performed quite well on both pavement and single track.
PXL_20210607_220722994.jpg

And a little surprise for my better half that wanted to try out these Hokas. I think she just likes the colorway more than anything.
PXL_20210607_221019253.jpg

That checkered speed 2 has grown on me since I saw it, I think I might pick up that colourway next week. Also hoping the novablast 2 celebration of sport colourway drops too next week.

I've been considering trying the Novablast 2, but am still wary of the heel stability. The 1s just didn't work for me at all because of the heel wobbliness. I've also been looking at getting the NB Rebel V2s, but am worrying about the heel stability since the TC's stability has been problematic for me. But at least the Rebel's stack is a little lower and it's a much less expensive shoe. 🤷‍♀️

I've been considering trying the Novablast 2, but am still wary of the heel stability. The 1s just didn't work for me at all because of the heel wobbliness. I've also been looking at getting the NB Rebel V2s, but am worrying about the heel stability since the TC's stability has been problematic for me. But at least the Rebel's stack is a little lower and it's a much less expensive shoe. 🤷‍♀️

how many miles did you get in the nova 1s? i had slight issues with the stability too but honestly after a couple runs, shoe broke in and stability wasn't any issue anymore

For what it’s worth, I haven’t found the Rebel to be unstable. Not even in the same ballpark as the Novablast 1 which I also had issues with. I didn’t run in the TC but the Rebel is more stable than the RC v1 for me with its lower stack

how many miles did you get in the nova 1s? i had slight issues with the stability too but honestly after a couple runs, shoe broke in and stability wasn't any issue anymore
I gave it around 20 miles and while the midsole broke in overall, it still felt too squirrelly at the heel. Gave my pair to a friend who really likes them, so at least someone got good use out of them!

For what it’s worth, I haven’t found the Rebel to be unstable. Not even in the same ballpark as the Novablast 1 which I also had issues with. I didn’t run in the TC but the Rebel is more stable than the RC v1 for me with its lower stack
Thanks for enabling me. I'm probably going to get them now!

Rebel v2 definitely my favourite purchase this year over speed. Mainly because they make me want to head out and run, love that they’re so light and cushioned. Actually the speed and the rebel v2 is a great combo I find.

Rebel v2 definitely my favourite purchase this year over speed. Mainly because they make me want to head out and run, love that they’re so light and cushioned. Actually the speed and the rebel v2 is a great combo I find.
Ordered a pair in the blue/teal colorway. Can't wait to try them out!

I have a pair of EPro 1s, but I’m interested in the ESpeed 1s too. They’ve got a better cw selection, IMO.

The discount on the gen 1 endorphin line is the way to go. I love the speeds but I'm really impressed with the pros. If they chop $50 off the speed too, it's a no brainer. Get em.

Agreed on both points. I think Saucony will drop the price of the Speed 1's by the same percentage, so we'll probably see $120. And I wholeheartedly endorse the Pro as a badass race shoe. With so much celebration on the Speed last year, it seems the Pro was a bit lost in the shuffle...but when you're running hard the benefits of the Pro are definitely noticeable. I also find the Pro to be a touch more stable in the forefoot than the Speed, the carbon plate adds some needed rigidity.

Anyone try the latest Puma line? They’re running a ridiculous 40% off on their site and it applies to the Velocity, Deviate and Liberate Nitro. Thinking about giving it a shot, probably will try the Velocity as it’s supposedly the Jack of all trades

Back
Top Bottom