"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

I somehow managed to get a pair of Saucony Endorphin Speeds for a $100 plus tax. I currently run in the Triumphs and a pretty slow pace. I'm hoping the Endorphin Speed pushes me to go a little faster.

I like my speeds. But I don't feel the push to go destroy PRs like I do in the next%.
Don’t feel like that’s a fair comparison. Pro to Next%.

Tempo to Speed. Next% is such a refined product. Third iteration and possibly Nike’s best mass produced plates race runner.

The one run I had in the Speeds. I definitely felt the plate but the propulsion and feel wasn’t the high level $250 race day shoe. More like a trainer.

I think the ZF3 would be the comparable training model to the Saucony E. Speed, no?

How I see it:
Easy Days / Workhorse: Pegasus 37 / INF / E. Shift / NovaBlast

Trainer: ZF3 - E. Speed - NB TC

In Between: Tempo - Metaracer (?)

Racer: VFN - E. Pro - NB RC

Elite: AFN

I think the ZF3 would be the comparable training model to the Saucony E. Speed, no?

How I see it:
Easy Days / Workhorse: Pegasus 37 / INF / E. Shift / NovaBlast

Trainer: ZF3 - E. Speed - NB TC

In Between: Tempo - Metaracer (?)

Racer: VFN - E. Pro - NB RC

Elite: AFN

you’re correct with the ZF3 but you can also throw in the Tempos under there since it’s supposed to be the trainer compliment to the AF

as for your list, it’s pretty on point but i think the metaracer is asics race day shoe since it doesn’t seem like they have anything else in stored for a more cushioned plated shoe. guess their “ride” shoes would be the training equivalents and the metaracer being the top end race day shoe

Don’t feel like that’s a fair comparison. Pro to Next%.

Tempo to Speed. Next% is such a refined product. Third iteration and possibly Nike’s best mass produced plates race runner.

The one run I had in the Speeds. I definitely felt the plate but the propulsion and feel wasn’t the high level $250 race day shoe. More like a trainer.
Yes. Exactly.

The speeds don't push me. They feel like a great trainer and I really like them. But no other shoes other than the N% seem to "push" me. I guess that's the point I was trying to make. There are shoes that have a pop from foam/plates and perform well for me, but the N% are the only ones that have that **** effect for me.

On that note, I am trying to buy every colorway released going forward. I keep my fingers crossed that the hype of the Tempo and AF overshadow the N% releases, but I doubt it.

Poor mans consolation prize lol.

Im hoping AF hype which admittedly shouldn’t be there thanks to a lack of races...but is.

And other shoe makers making plated runners takes some of the luster away.

I wish they at least brought back Nike by you. It would probably be money for them but production and shipping would suffer right now.

Last edited:
they're finally changing the shape of the midsole of the UBs and only after 186 years...

1596642637445.png

1596642663089.png
1596642651435.png

Has anyone ever run in them? I’m scared to.

I remember when they announced them as the ultimate runner. Then it just turned into a fashion item.

terrible, at least the first gen

it was heavy, mid-foot was tight (for me at least) and it felt stiff on long runs

i hope this newest gen is lighter and even bouncier, i dont know how they do it but saucony accomplished it with their pebax version and adidas as able to put whatever midsole on the floatrides that are much lighter and id say close enough to the bounce/energy return as regular boost and it doesn't have to look like styrofoam

tried running in the 1.0 once and they definitely were not great at all, felt that midsole was way to soft and there was no good energy return

later gave the UB 19 a try since it was being marketed as an actual running shoe and i actually enjoyed using them as a shoe to rack up easy miles on. the boost midsole felt a lot better and was much more springy than the predecessors. heavy shoe for sure but oddly enough i grew to enjoy running in them

that new redesign looks interesting and actually not that bad. wonder if they implemented any rocker tech in it but like the 19s, i’ll hold off until it hits below $100 and try them out

they changed the midsole but they should have also changed the upper and that cage, should help with weight to just remove it

that was my initial thought too because it looks like the midsole has two halves but then i somewhat remember all UB midsoles looking like that

though that highlight might be a clue

but then again i am not sure they're going to make the mainline UB have a plate as they know its main buyers are still in it for casual purposes unless they come out with UB carbonX or something

from first look i thought it was a plate too, but it’s just a gradient/color on that part of the midsole. can’t imagine how expensive the retail price would be on a plated UB

I doubt it has a plate. But what's that piece under the ball of the foot? Some sort of air or gel or some other cushioning device?

Also, I hope they cut back on some of the deadweight UB material at the heel and added a little more to the forefoot, to lower the drop and weight a bit.

Last edited:
i think its like a tiny outrigger that just slightly goes up the midsole, i dont think its any sort of extra cushioning

It might not be fresh foam x based on what I’ve seen so far. There are two reviews that mention the midsole feels the same as previous beacons, and current pictures of the shoes show that the midsole doesn’t have the laser engravings or whatever they’re called that the ffx midsoles of the 1080v10 and 880v10 both have. But that that’s just my speculation and I could be totally wrong.

yup seen reviews saying the same but just doesn’t make sense why they would have the tongue showing fresh foam x lol

Yeah doesn’t make sense to me either but I guess we’ll see when new balance releases them on the website or decides to post some details. I would hope it’s ffx

Edit: looks like it is

Last edited:
I used to run A LOT in the Ultraboost ST. They sort of remind me of the Triumph 17, just not as warm. They have a narrower base as well.

Back
Top Bottom