"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

Received the Hoka Ora Slides from ROOTED today.

I went one size down, and I didn't like how they fit me, ESP at the heel. They have this cup like feel to keep your feet fully contained. I think sticking to my true size would have been the better fit, or at least to my preference. I like my slides to fit with more freedom toward the heel. They do feel much better than my Nike Asune 2 Slides though!

I did a little comparison and ordered the Hoka Ora slides, the Oofos OOah recovery slides and happened to win the Adidas yeezy slides on a raffle. I actually decided to do this comparison after I won that raffle.
I ended up keeping the yeezy slides (I just wear them indoors). I found them the most comfy of the 3, but it was really tight with the Oofos. I only kept the Yeezy slides because it was a raffle win and I can get the Oofos at any time down the line.
I found the Hoka Ora to be a bit too clunky and not soft enough compared to the other 2. I had sized up, but just like you, I have a tendency to do so for comfort.

I did a little comparison and ordered the Hoka Ora slides, the Oofos OOah recovery slides and happened to win the Adidas yeezy slides on a raffle. I actually decided to do this comparison after I won that raffle.
I ended up keeping the yeezy slides (I just wear them indoors). I found them the most comfy of the 3, but it was really tight with the Oofos. I only kept the Yeezy slides because it was a raffle win and I can get the Oofos at any time down the line.
I found the Hoka Ora to be a bit too clunky and not soft enough compared to the other 2. I had sized up, but just like you, I have a tendency to do so for comfort.

Man, I want to try the Oofos for fun now! They have a design that I would definitely prefer, as it's an open design and NOT with that cup containment like Hokas.

I ended up cutting a portion of the heel of the Hokas that I received to make the cup fit less pronounced. A size up would still be better, but, even with a size down, they fit a lot better without the excess heel portion.

Man, I want to try the Oofos for fun now! They have a design that I would definitely prefer, as it's an open design and NOT with that cup containment like Hokas.

I ended up cutting a portion of the heel of the Hokas that I received to make the cup fit less pronounced. A size up would still be better, but, even with a size down, they fit a lot better without the excess heel portion.
You should definitely try the Oofos then, I like that the foot strap is not super wide unlike the other 2 I mentioned

Via r/RunningShoeGeeks regarding Superblast 2:

IMG_0005.jpeg

IMG_0006.jpeg

I picked up the Cloudeclipse the other day and have been enjoying them. It’s my first ON shoe and they’re very comfortable. I’m a forefoot striker and these handle all paces well. They have good cushion as well as decent responsiveness.
IMG_1935.jpeg

With the AMEX offer for ASICS ending soon, I may just pull the trigger on the Green NVB4s.

All in all, they would ring up to ~$99 with CA taxes and shipping.

A common comment, from what I’ve gathered from reviews, is that it’s less versatile than the NVB3s. It’s softer but less “bouncy”. With that, reviewers have mentioned that the NVB3s is the “faster” of the two.

thats weird because many are saying its close to the superblast and thats the faster shoe vs NVB3

thats weird because many are saying its close to the superblast and thats the faster shoe vs NVB3

Damn lol. Maybe in stack height? The SBs aren’t even soft though. They’re actually firm and definitely firmer than the NVB3s. Usually, there’s a correlation with firmness and “speed”.

Just opted for another NVB3 instead for a bit less.

Main factors were the wider versatility of the 3s and this particular colorway:

IMG_7857.jpeg

IMG_7853.jpeg

Will probably let the AMEX offer pass… hopefully, there are better cws down the line for the 4s.

I picked up the Cloudeclipse the other day and have been enjoying them. It’s my first ON shoe and they’re very comfortable. I’m a forefoot striker and these handle all paces well. They have good cushion as well as decent responsiveness.
IMG_1935.jpeg

I’ve thought about trying these out but also for casual—really liking this colorway:

IMG_0016.jpeg

How does the On & Hoka shoes fit? Been kinda interested in their shoes jus curious how they fit.

My TTS size 9.5 but can go size 10 if I need to.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Would be interested in turning the Neons I got today into Grinches. Where they get the laces from? Edit: any of ya use RJ lock laces?

Last edited:
I’ve thought about trying these out but also for casual—really liking this colorway:

IMG_0016.jpeg
This is the colorway I got. I am surprised it feels lighter compared to More v4. Also, the midsection and toe box area are very accommodating, even when I wear thick cushion Balega socks. My feet don't feel suffocated 😁. I also feel the ride is smooth from heel to toe. Still on the firm side, but not as firm as Endorphin Shift IMO.

IMG_0016.jpeg

have this exact CW and logged over 200 miles on my pair - really loving them as a chill steady pace trainer to compliment my monsters that i feel has a bit more of a snappier feel and can pick up the paces if i wanted (not preferred tho)

Back
Top Bottom