Pac 12 Basketball Thread

I know UCLA fans aren't talking :lol: I expect it from USC fans because they are scum but UCLA? :rofl:

I know UCLA fans aren't talking :lol: I expect it from USC fans because they are scum but UCLA? :rofl:

Who are you kidding bro, UCLA smacked you guys last year and are going to get it done this year in Berkeley. Yall should have fired Tedford long time ago but you'll have to wait another year for your AD to get it through her thick skull. You should be thanking us for helping kick him out.

I was at the Arizona-Toledo game earlier. Immediate reactions (looks like I'm the only AZ fan in this thread :lol: )

-The Arizona front seven has the potential to be even worse then the abysmal one from last year :rolleyes
-Offense looked excellent at times and racked up 600+ yds against a pretty average Toledo defense
-We haven't had a good kicker in several years and that isn't gonna change this year :smh:
-Our recievers and RBs are among the best in the Pac-12 South. Only USC has better

Honestly I think AZ is a 5 win team this year. However in recent years, AZ has shown that when at home and the atmosphere is right, Tucson can be the hardest place in the Pac-12 to get a win. Looking at the schedule and how we have played them in recent years, AZ might be that team that knocks off USC or gives them a real scare

Who are you kidding bro, UCLA smacked you guys last year and are going to get it done this year in Berkeley. Yall should have fired Tedford long time ago but you'll have to wait another year for your AD to get it through her thick skull. You should be thanking us for helping kick him out.

UCLA is just as mediocre as Cal. Get it done in Berkeley :lol: when was the last time they won in Berkeley?

I was at the Arizona-Toledo game earlier. Immediate reactions (looks like I'm the only AZ fan in this thread :lol: )

-The Arizona front seven has the potential to be even worse then the abysmal one from last year :rolleyes
-Offense looked excellent at times and racked up 600+ yds against a pretty average Toledo defense
-We haven't had a good kicker in several years and that isn't gonna change this year :smh:
-Our recievers and RBs are among the best in the Pac-12 South. Only USC has better

Honestly I think AZ is a 5 win team this year. However in recent years, AZ has shown that when at home and the atmosphere is right, Tucson can be the hardest place in the Pac-12 to get a win. Looking at the schedule and how we have played them in recent years, AZ might be that team that knocks off USC or gives them a real scare

Agree on all points, seemed like that game lasted forever last night :lol:

I was entering the season hoping that we could ride Matt Scott to an upset or two but it doesn't look like the offense is gonna get any help from the Defense or Bonzono :smh: Matt Scott throwing for 384 yards and rushing for 74 is a bright spot for sure, but he can't do it all.

#beardown

UCLA with a gut shot to the B1G with that win. Would be surprised to see us ranked after this week, but definitely would welcome it if it happened.

Last edited:
God god I just looked a UCLA's schedule...they could **** around and have ALOT to play for before Stanford and USC at the end fo the season.

Well that was one of the better games I have seen in person. Both defenses for the most part took the night off. Kadeem Carey was a beast tonight :smokin

After this thriller of a game against a ranked opponent we get to carry the momemtum forward with a showdown with Div. II South Carolina State :smh:

Went to the Cal game versus Southern Utah today...a few observations:
-The renovation of the stadium was well-done. I wish they made the seats more comfortable but it's not a big deal. Stadium was def. modernized well.
-Zach Maynard is Joe Ayoob 2.0. His stats look impressive but if you watched the game it tells a different story, especially against such an inferior opponent.
-Defense is inconsistent. They made Southern Utah's QB look like Andrew Luck at times:x
-Bryce Treggs is gonna be real good in a few years.

In short, I'm not pleased at all with the way they played the first two games. Unless something drastically changes the next two games (at Ohio St., at USC) could be really ugly.:x
Cal has good enough players IMO to field at least an above-average Pac-12 team, but it just seems like something's missing in the teamwork and overall camaraderie, which has kept them in mediocrity. It is all Tedford to me.

Totally agree Acid. Cal has had, what, two 10+ win seasons under Tedford?
I don't even think it was his doing, he had Rodgers, Lynch, Desean, Desmond, Hawk, and Alex Mack those years.

Totally agree Acid. Cal has had, what, two 10+ win seasons under Tedford?
I don't even think it was his doing, he had Rodgers, Lynch, Desean, Desmond, Hawk, and Alex Mack those years.

In those 2 10 Win Seasons they had stable QB Play. Nate Longshore in 2006 was very good.

And I completely agree with Acid with he said.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom