Pac 12 Basketball Thread

My point is that they screw it up on road against a sub par opponent

Too bad since then they have an entirely new coaching staff, AD, athletic facilities. Not that the latter two have anything to do with it, but you keep beating the same dead horse even though so many things have changed. :lol:

CLK's first year saw a lot of ups and downs, second year, rough beginning and ended in a high note. Losing to ASU was bad, not a lot of people foresaw ASU imploding the way they did. Stanford loss was tough, that personal foul penalty and the refs not honoring the TO at the end of regulation :smh:. On top of Andrew Luck, :smh:

You keep popping off he same line, can USC lose? Yeah, any team can succumb to any opponent on any given Saturday... or Thursday/Friday.

However, your "USC always..." C'mon son. Stop trying to **** on the parade. There is excitement and everyone is entitled to their prediction. Let people cook.

with so many teams running a fast pace spread in the pac-12 now USC depth on D is going to get tested all year.

if i picked a trip up game for them it would be at utah on that thursday night

My point is that they screw it up on road against a sub par opponent

You right but not this year since the ban has been lifted they smell a championship and also playing with a chip on they shoulders not being bowl eligible in the past if anything more likely we gotta go through the ducks twice

with so many teams running a fast pace spread in the pac-12 now USC depth on D is going to get tested all year.

if i picked a trip up game for them it would be at utah on that thursday night

The strength of the defense is defending the spread, and it did well with an inexperienced back seven last season. Depth concerns are overblown, would be nice to have 85 but USC has been running below that since the Pete Carroll days. More concerned about playing a traditional Pro Offense since there's inexperience on the DL. There is talent there, but little experience. Losing Kennard was huge, just means some highly touted recruits need to step up. Might have trouble at Stanford, just because they pound the ball and our DL is inexperienced. Our offense will have to carry the load that game. Utah will be a tough road game, but no one is overlooking the Utes at their place. Hostile environment and they will be bowl bound once again. The one that concerns me is Arizona in Tucson.

you go from having to defend 1 team that runs the spread offense in oregon. to UCLA,Wazzu,zona, and ASU now running it.

arizona and Oregon will run pretty much the same type of spread

wazzu will be pass heavy

ASU and UCLA will be a balance one

not sure how you can say depth concerns are been overblown

ESPN's preseason team
[h3] [/h3]

Marquess Wilson is about to destroy every receiving record in WSU history. Dude is a beast. Might end up being the greatest receiver in WSU history, the rate he's going.

True.

Luckily only the first game for Udub is on that channel so far. I hope it stays that way

You're in for a major disappointment then. Word is there should be a satellite deal in the next week or two though.

True.

Luckily only the first game for Udub is on that channel so far. I hope it stays that way
You're in for a major disappointment then. Word is there should be a satellite deal in the next week or two though.
Should be in the clear if they get that deal done. Games prior to the Ducks on 10/7 are already scheduled on other networks. If it doesnt then I'm really ******

FUUUUU Beavers home opener has been postponed against Nicholls St. due to the hurrican Isaac and them not being able to safely travel to Corvallis:smh: Probably just going to be cancelled all together since the earliest date they can play next is December 1st. Sucks since the Beavers need all the wins we can get to get to a bowl :lol: :smh::smh:

:pimp: Go Bears. Won't be able to make it to the first game but will try to make it to a few games...renovated stadium at last:smokin

:pimp: Go Bears. Won't be able to make it to the first game but will try to make it to a few games...renovated stadium at last:smokin

Have you heard campus police are cracking down big time on tailgating?? My sister was saying they sent out some super long email...

GAMEDAY FOR THE DEVILS!!! :smokin NAU is about to get smacked.

USC linebacker Simione Vehikite returned to practice Wednesday after getting released from jail earlier this week. Vehitike served more than three months for leaving the scene of a car accident and driving with an .08% blood-alcohol level and causing injury.
He was actually sentenced to a year back in May for the two felony counts.
USC coach Lane Kiffin did not announce Vehitike's return but it might explain why walk-on linebacker Will Andrew is no longer on scholarship.

http://insidesocal.com/usc/archives/2012/08/vehitike-return.html

:smh::stoneface:

^No damns from CLK :smh::smh:

Super excited for tomorrow, I just found out I'm headed to the game. Anyone else going?

^No damns from CLK
mean.gif
mean.gif

Super excited for tomorrow, I just found out I'm headed to the game. Anyone else going?
I might since I can't view it on TV
laugh.gif
Might hit downtown Saturday to watch it...we'll see

Cougs are gonna Coug.

Last edited:
you go from having to defend 1 team that runs the spread offense in oregon. to UCLA,Wazzu,zona, and ASU now running it.

arizona and Oregon will run pretty much the same type of spread
wazzu will be pass heavy
ASU and UCLA will be a balance one

not sure how you can say depth concerns are been overblown

I'll stick with what I said, not worried about the spread teams on the schedule. Stanford and Utah do, they pound the ball which is not good for the inexperienced front four, on top of that we play both early.

Quote:
USC linebacker Simione Vehikite returned to practice Wednesday after getting released from jail earlier this week. Vehitike served more than three months for leaving the scene of a car accident and driving with an .08% blood-alcohol level and causing injury.
He was actually sentenced to a year back in May for the two felony counts.
USC coach Lane Kiffin did not announce Vehitike's return but it might explain why walk-on linebacker Will Andrew is no longer on scholarship.

http://insidesocal.com/usc/archives/2012/08/vehitike-return.html

Quoting Scott Wolfe, :lol:. You've posted this in two threads already and *****ed about it. Reason why USC fans don't take Scott Wolfe seriously... he's a hack with a press pass.

For the record, Vehikite got out over six weeks ago, when he got kicked off the team CLK told the kid to get his **** together. Looks like he did, completed 20 credits in the spring and is close to graduating. Stayed in shape while dealing with INS issues. Kid got his **** together, and CLK kept his word. However, that wasn't reported.

He made a mistake one night, hit a car, didn't stop was drunk. It cost him his scholarship, and it looks like he earned it back.

Funny an ND fan pointed it out, *cough* Malcom Floyd *cough*. I just hope the coaching staff looks out for their student assistants this year.

Ugly first game from Wazzu, was expecting a little bit more. Directv telling Larry Scott to kick rocks :lol:.

Back
Top Bottom