Pacers Too white? let me hear your opinions.

The other day I was watching PTI, Sportscenter and Around the horn basically ESPN and they were all discussing if the Indiana Pacers were to white??!!! Thiswas amazing to me that they were really discussing this. It shows that they really had nothing to talk about and just because 6 players are caucasian. Are youimplying that the NBA is suppose to be for blacks?? Is it the Negro basketball association? I mean I am African American but have some white and have multiplewhite cousins and I was disgusted at the fact that this was even being considered. I mean I really want to hear others opinions on this topic.

Naw i dont see it. I believe the nba needs a white superstar like larry bird but i dont think the pacers are too whit at all.

Full disclosure, didnt read the article but did see the headline.....It's called dog days of summer and media has to create "crisis" to filltheir airwaves. Race is always a good fall back issue to bring up to stir the masses.

Who cares if a team is all black or all white or all alien, let's just play ball.

Remember when Larry Bird said that the NBA needs a "White" Star player? I think he's trying too hard with his team.

But nonetheless, it shouldn't matter.

Negro basketball association
laugh.gif

I think they were just probably saying that for humor. As long as you can ball, it doesn't matter which race you represent. The casual NBA viewer usuallysees a caucasion as soft on the court. Just like the casual NBA viewer would see an African American with a load of tattoos a thug. Looking at the makeup ofthe Pacers roster, there's only one "white" guy I would consider an actual baller and that's Troy Murphy. He's legit IMO. Hansboroughwill probably be able to ball once he hits the floor.

Dunleavy, Diener and McRoberts are all soft IMO.

i mean there's alot of american white players on that team but for some reason i like watching them and i'm blk btw.....all of 'em can shoot

The other day I was watching PTI, Sportscenter and Around the horn basically ESPN
Don't let that whack $$% channel get to you by breathing fire into a non-issue.

Edit: If they say that, then they might as well say the league is too black. It's all pointless.

It was only a few yrs ago when they had Ron Ron, SJax, and JO that they were supposedly too 'black'.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Remember when Larry Bird said that the NBA needs a "White" Star player? I think he's trying too hard with his team.

But nonetheless, it shouldn't matter.
That's why he's building his whole team around Danny Granger right?
eyes.gif
There goes your theory.

Originally Posted by wohcttank

Us white guys dont have a white American star...why cant we have one? Just one!
Come to think of it, who do you guys think is the best white american player right now in the league?

lol,yea they are too white,the only time they werent was when they had the team with oneal,artest,jckson,and miller.man i miss that team,ben walace fd it upfor them that year.

Originally Posted by AirAlphabet

Originally Posted by wohcttank

Us white guys dont have a white American star...why cant we have one? Just one!
Come to think of it, who do you guys think is the best white american player right now in the league?

David lee
grin.gif

white people have plenty of stars in other sports besides the nba....Tyler H. might be one but he gets alot of hate though
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom