PACIFIM RIM -- directed by Guillermo Del Toro

Big O
yeah, my fault. hes english. For soem reason he sounded aussie when I heard him once

All good haha. His American accent is terrible if you watch Sons Of Anarchy, you know what I mean.

After watching the trailer again, I feel like this will bomb

You really think his accent is horrible? I think it's pretty good

The only problem I got with his accent is that it changes from when he is speaking normally and when he is yelling.

You really think his accent is horrible? I think it's pretty good
The only problem I got with his accent is that it changes from when he is speaking normally and when he is yelling.

I dont think its bad, but he has a hard time changing volume and delivering those emotional scenes.

I don't know...I got goosebumps watching this. This was absolutely everything I hoped for and more. It's what I wanted out of the Transformers movies. It's what this whole generation of big budget cgi "epics" has been driving towards and missing more times than not. But even when they hit, the storytelling can be...:smh:....*see Avatar*

And 1 of the 2 best fantasy directors alive made it.

But it's more than that. Ever since Jurassic Park, cgi has been replacing story, or at least real adventure and good storytelling in blockbuster movies. Cinema needs this guy making movies like this.

I'm hyped. This does it for me.

And I hope this is the movie that Idris Elba breaks out on.

Last edited:
Guillermo has a great track record and Pan's Labyrinth is a masterpiece. If this pans out, I wouldnt mind seeing him getting a crack at the new Star Wars.

Guillermo has a great track record and Pan's Labyrinth is a masterpiece. If this pans out, I wouldnt mind seeing him getting a crack at the new Star Wars.

There is ZERO doubt that he will do a better job than George Lucas.

Jax :smokin

Idris Elba :smokin

Idris is the man. He's one of my top 5 favorite actors, especially after watching the Luther series on Netflix.
He's already gotten a lot of mainstream shine with some of his recent roles, but I hope more people can recognize how good of an actor he really is after this movie.

I will be watching with no knowledge of the story or background. The trailer was cool to me, and I am a big fan of the actors so it should be an entertaining movie for me. :smokin

boo..this looks like real steel meets godzilla...

also thought this was some sort of sex act.. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
In July 2012, del Toro discussed the possibility of making a Pacific Rim sequel. "We always leave ideas that were in the first draft as you go along. You know, either a set piece that was great but too expensive, an idea that was really bright, but it couldn't quite fit the structure... so we have a little stash of stuff we wanted to do that we didn't get to do. So if that's a possibility, A) I would be very happy to do a sequel, but B) a lot of these ideas, set pieces and all that, actually have in them a really good seed for a sequel."

On December 4, 2012, Legendary Pictures announced that it had selected Travis Beacham to write the sequel to Pacific Rim, with del Toro as co-writer, though there was no comment as to whether he would return to direct the second film.

If you're a fan of any giant monster or mecha thing like Voltron, Gundam Wing, Godzilla, Shadow of the Collosus, Sym-Bionic Titan, Evangelion, Escaflowne, RahXephon, Half-Life 2 or Ghost in the Shell...you almost have to watch this. I mean you vote with your wallet and Transformers is showing that if it's that dumb and that big and loud, people will come.

This and Avengers are real shots at the big cgi summer movies, being a little bit more than just that.

There will be Gundam style robots in the sequel when they have to battle on the moon.

Seriously though, this does look very good. I like the robots. They actually look like something humans would build. The machines are high tech yet still primitive in ways,

There will be Gundam style robots in the sequel when they have to battle on the moon.
Seriously though, this does look very good. I like the robots. They actually look like something humans would build. The machines are high tech yet still primitive in ways,

I would hope not. Id rather see an actual gundam movie than something using gundam influences

No really impressed, I suspect most of the film has already been shown in the trailer.

Back
Top Bottom