PAGE 1 PIC/ VID Reign in Blood SLAYER: Brooklyn Projects X Nike SB COLLAB JUNE 2011

Originally Posted by SortaNew2Retro

Think I might be the only person who really, really likes these.

there are a few others, but ya VERY few people are into these

Originally Posted by SortaNew2Retro

Think I might be the only person who really, really likes these.

there are a few others, but ya VERY few people are into these

nike-sb-dunk-hi-brooklyn-projects-slayer-1.jpg

nike-sb-dunk-hi-brooklyn-projects-slayer-2.jpg

nike-sb-dunk-hi-brooklyn-projects-slayer-3.jpg

nike-sb-dunk-hi-brooklyn-projects-slayer-4.jpg

nike-sb-dunk-hi-brooklyn-projects-slayer-5.jpg

nike-sb-dunk-hi-brooklyn-projects-slayer-6.jpg

nike-sb-dunk-hi-brooklyn-projects-slayer-7-359x540.jpg

Brooklyn Projects created a new Dunk High together with Nike SB. Inspired by the artwork of the 3rd studio album of band Slayer, entitled ‘Reign in Blood’, the sneaker features a brown suede/black leather upper with accents set in red. The mid sole comes in red as well, with the outer sole coming in gum. Overall a solid looking high top, which will release with black and red laces soon.

Photography: Highsnobiety

Exclusive detailed images of the sneaker follow after the jump

HIGHSNOBIETY

nike-sb-dunk-hi-brooklyn-projects-slayer-1.jpg

nike-sb-dunk-hi-brooklyn-projects-slayer-2.jpg

nike-sb-dunk-hi-brooklyn-projects-slayer-3.jpg

nike-sb-dunk-hi-brooklyn-projects-slayer-4.jpg

nike-sb-dunk-hi-brooklyn-projects-slayer-5.jpg

nike-sb-dunk-hi-brooklyn-projects-slayer-6.jpg

nike-sb-dunk-hi-brooklyn-projects-slayer-7-359x540.jpg

Brooklyn Projects created a new Dunk High together with Nike SB. Inspired by the artwork of the 3rd studio album of band Slayer, entitled ‘Reign in Blood’, the sneaker features a brown suede/black leather upper with accents set in red. The mid sole comes in red as well, with the outer sole coming in gum. Overall a solid looking high top, which will release with black and red laces soon.

Photography: Highsnobiety

Exclusive detailed images of the sneaker follow after the jump

HIGHSNOBIETY

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

ya I believe so thus proving that just because a shoe is limited does not mean that it will be valuable...skate mental mids are hardly sought after and therefore are not really anything substantial resale wise (only 258 on FC right now). I predict these not to be anything as well. what do you think of them though?

Compare skate mentals to WTDs (less than 200o pairs and worth 1000+)....it all depends on how well the shoe is perceived and not all on the quantity produced 

I actually like this shoe, but i wouldn't go out of my way for them.  I'm really liking the direction of SB's as of late, I haven't bought an SB from a retailer since the Gibson's came out, but NSB is going back to simpler colorways and better materials.  Is it too soon to say SB's are on a comeback?
Another reason I wouldn't go ham trying to get a pair of these shoes is because i don't listen to slayer, which i know doesn't matter to most people, but it was the deal breaker for me trying to find a way to get them.  If they were some artist/group i was into it would be a wrap.

ya I believe so thus proving that just because a shoe is limited does not mean that it will be valuable...skate mental mids are hardly sought after and therefore are not really anything substantial resale wise (only 258 on FC right now). I predict these not to be anything as well. what do you think of them though?

Compare skate mentals to WTDs (less than 200o pairs and worth 1000+)....it all depends on how well the shoe is perceived and not all on the quantity produced 

I actually like this shoe, but i wouldn't go out of my way for them.  I'm really liking the direction of SB's as of late, I haven't bought an SB from a retailer since the Gibson's came out, but NSB is going back to simpler colorways and better materials.  Is it too soon to say SB's are on a comeback?
Another reason I wouldn't go ham trying to get a pair of these shoes is because i don't listen to slayer, which i know doesn't matter to most people, but it was the deal breaker for me trying to find a way to get them.  If they were some artist/group i was into it would be a wrap.

Originally Posted by CareFreeJR

Basically what do you mean by 'return"(comeback), do you mean return to the hype or what? SBs only died to collectors (the main consumers of SB dunks), just because the shoes arent sought after anymore doesnt mean the shoe isnt "cool" or "good looking" to you or another person, which as shown by your post these are liked by you, which is fine. haha. We will see man, we will see. 

IF YOU MEANT A COMEBACK SIMPLE CW/ QUALITY WISE, IMO:
  I highly doubt it, but you better believe I would want that for sure and I'm almost certain that every single other collector would too. In a sense a lot of the recent cws are simple, but if people arent buying then it doesnt really matter if they are simple cws or not. Take those red suede gum mids or french blue lows for example, they are as simple as you can get, but people dont want them (I and few others liked em, but thats only a small group of people). And again just because the quality appears to be there does not mean it actually is present.

IF YOU MEANT A COMEBACK POPULARITY WISE, IMO:
Yes it certainly is too early, look at the upcoming stuff, it isnt that great ("great" meaning good looking to most people, basically people arent saying "I need these"). Sure the materials look better, but that doesnt necessarily they are better. We will see. I doubt SB (dunks of course) will ever return to the hype, campout, high sought after, dope cw, original idea, just plain collector oriented brand that it was 02-05 (sure skaters did skate SBs (dunks), but we all know why it is said that "SB died" and "SB fell off" etc etc etc, its because of collectors and people storing their pairs; dunks were hyped up from the beginning (check out old blog sites such as beinghunted for proof), it just started off relatively small and blew up as time went on) BUT it is these same collectors that "killed" the shoe as well, if it werent for collectors (demand) Nike wouldnt have pushed the dunk so hard and stepped up its dunk per year quantity/ lowered quality/price hikes (06), and various other changes such as aesthetic and fit changes which have led to the decline in popularity..HOWEVER if Nike SB had kept coming with the cws that many people liked those phrases would not be uttered and the culture would still be thriving (assuming the other changes never happened including quality declination), so in a sense its Nike SB's fault as well (since they choose the cws and havent been delivering since 06, VERY few exceptions).... 

The dunk will not "RETURN (hype, popularity, sought afterness wise)" UNLESS MAJOR CHANGES ARE MADE, which are quite easy to implement in theory. Its all up to Nike SB on whether they want to put in the effort or not (NIKE SB doesnt know what to do and that's where the problem lies). There is no point in Nike SB continuing to make the dunk (or at least in the current numbers they have been making them and for the price), if collectors arent buying it, since skaters dont really skate dunks anymore due to better alternatives. (Yes dunks still sell, but they certainly dont fly off the shelves and for certain cws they sit for months; my shop still has Loons and as of late Unlodens in common sizes!!! and there are a lot of collectors and skaters (they dont want to skate em and collectors dont want em) near me)...To prove just how unpopular these current dunks are, go on FC, kixclusive, or eBay, and tell me how many of them are going for more than retail resale-wise, and this includes Neon J Packs and other "simple" cws that recently dropped, look at green lanterns, safaris, red suede mids, french lows, etc. (Kixclusive doesnt have any of those because the majority collectors dont want them and thus they arent sought after). Bottomline,  I AGREE WITH YOU that simple is better, but if people dont want them/ like them, then it doesnt matter if they are "simple" or not. If the shoes dont sell shops will continue to suffer and have product sit and sit. So by Nike SB making dunks that arent desired, not only is our culture further harmed, but shops are affected as well. Nike SB should care about the shops that pay them and should do something;;;;that is if they knew what to do, which they dont.

These (BPs) are 238 on eBay and no buyers thus proving that there is little demand....I see these being exactly like Skate Mentals (both were 666 pairs) and I predict that like SMs these will only be about 200 resale (thats after many pairs have been worn and beat) ( 200 resale, which isnt much for such a limited shoe or a popular dunk in general) and will not be that sought after by collectors IMO.

Originally Posted by CareFreeJR

Basically what do you mean by 'return"(comeback), do you mean return to the hype or what? SBs only died to collectors (the main consumers of SB dunks), just because the shoes arent sought after anymore doesnt mean the shoe isnt "cool" or "good looking" to you or another person, which as shown by your post these are liked by you, which is fine. haha. We will see man, we will see. 

IF YOU MEANT A COMEBACK SIMPLE CW/ QUALITY WISE, IMO:
  I highly doubt it, but you better believe I would want that for sure and I'm almost certain that every single other collector would too. In a sense a lot of the recent cws are simple, but if people arent buying then it doesnt really matter if they are simple cws or not. Take those red suede gum mids or french blue lows for example, they are as simple as you can get, but people dont want them (I and few others liked em, but thats only a small group of people). And again just because the quality appears to be there does not mean it actually is present.

IF YOU MEANT A COMEBACK POPULARITY WISE, IMO:
Yes it certainly is too early, look at the upcoming stuff, it isnt that great ("great" meaning good looking to most people, basically people arent saying "I need these"). Sure the materials look better, but that doesnt necessarily they are better. We will see. I doubt SB (dunks of course) will ever return to the hype, campout, high sought after, dope cw, original idea, just plain collector oriented brand that it was 02-05 (sure skaters did skate SBs (dunks), but we all know why it is said that "SB died" and "SB fell off" etc etc etc, its because of collectors and people storing their pairs; dunks were hyped up from the beginning (check out old blog sites such as beinghunted for proof), it just started off relatively small and blew up as time went on) BUT it is these same collectors that "killed" the shoe as well, if it werent for collectors (demand) Nike wouldnt have pushed the dunk so hard and stepped up its dunk per year quantity/ lowered quality/price hikes (06), and various other changes such as aesthetic and fit changes which have led to the decline in popularity..HOWEVER if Nike SB had kept coming with the cws that many people liked those phrases would not be uttered and the culture would still be thriving (assuming the other changes never happened including quality declination), so in a sense its Nike SB's fault as well (since they choose the cws and havent been delivering since 06, VERY few exceptions).... 

The dunk will not "RETURN (hype, popularity, sought afterness wise)" UNLESS MAJOR CHANGES ARE MADE, which are quite easy to implement in theory. Its all up to Nike SB on whether they want to put in the effort or not (NIKE SB doesnt know what to do and that's where the problem lies). There is no point in Nike SB continuing to make the dunk (or at least in the current numbers they have been making them and for the price), if collectors arent buying it, since skaters dont really skate dunks anymore due to better alternatives. (Yes dunks still sell, but they certainly dont fly off the shelves and for certain cws they sit for months; my shop still has Loons and as of late Unlodens in common sizes!!! and there are a lot of collectors and skaters (they dont want to skate em and collectors dont want em) near me)...To prove just how unpopular these current dunks are, go on FC, kixclusive, or eBay, and tell me how many of them are going for more than retail resale-wise, and this includes Neon J Packs and other "simple" cws that recently dropped, look at green lanterns, safaris, red suede mids, french lows, etc. (Kixclusive doesnt have any of those because the majority collectors dont want them and thus they arent sought after). Bottomline,  I AGREE WITH YOU that simple is better, but if people dont want them/ like them, then it doesnt matter if they are "simple" or not. If the shoes dont sell shops will continue to suffer and have product sit and sit. So by Nike SB making dunks that arent desired, not only is our culture further harmed, but shops are affected as well. Nike SB should care about the shops that pay them and should do something;;;;that is if they knew what to do, which they dont.

These (BPs) are 238 on eBay and no buyers thus proving that there is little demand....I see these being exactly like Skate Mentals (both were 666 pairs) and I predict that like SMs these will only be about 200 resale (thats after many pairs have been worn and beat) ( 200 resale, which isnt much for such a limited shoe or a popular dunk in general) and will not be that sought after by collectors IMO.

After Further Inspection.

These are definitely a PASS.

Just because they're LIMITED doesn't make them appealing.

Brooklyn Projects Sb Lows > Brooklyn Projects Blood Slayer Highs.

After Further Inspection.

These are definitely a PASS.

Just because they're LIMITED doesn't make them appealing.

Brooklyn Projects Sb Lows > Brooklyn Projects Blood Slayer Highs.

Back
Top Bottom