Votes: 137 24.3%
  • Not

Votes: 46 8.2%
  • XX9's Ruined It

Votes: 228 40.4%
  • Too Expensive

Votes: 229 40.6%

• Total voters
People here don't understand opportunity costs at all... That money could be spent much better elsewhere and get much better returns over the time this will take to make a decent profit. The people who are buying this pack to wear BOTH shoes are doing it right.

Not necessarily, Air Jordans have one the highest return rates for a consumer asset. Not sure how the Pantones will play out but most hyped Jordans bring about 30-50% returns immediately after initial investment. If you invested $100k in Columbias you'd average a net of $50k assuming a resell of a modest $320. Tell me a stock that guarantees these kinds of returns with little risk and I'd be the Wolf of Wall Street. Best part is, you'd never go below your initial investment.

Thus, Air Jordans are a great investment as long as liquidity (demand) is strong. Also, anything under $5k isn't worth all the finance jargon like "opportunity costs" because for the average investor, anything less than that is disposable income or a sunk cost anyway.

**Note: I'm not condoning reselling but I've paid at resell many times. I hate it but I get it. I've managed to cop almost everything I've wanted without a bot. I shell resell for Bred 1s and things like fragment 1s because I get it. It's either play or get played and that's capitalism we've grown to love.

Your rookie reseller math is way off the mark. You forgot all the expenses that bring reseller dreams back down to earth. Ebay, PayPal, consignment fees, and shipping all cut deep into profits. Not to mention that to get $100K worth of Legend Blues you had to have purchased $100K worth of Baron 13s and a bunch of other releases that can barely be moved for retail.

The majority of wannabe full time sneaker resellers won't be profitable in the long run. Dudes shouldn't quit their day job and better not ever delude themselves into thinking a pair of shoes is an investment.

Your rookie reseller math is way off the mark. You forgot all the expenses that bring reseller dreams back down to earth. Ebay, PayPal, consignment fees, and shipping all cut deep into profits. Not to mention that to get $100K worth of Legend Blues you had to have purchased $100K worth of Baron 13s and a bunch of other releases that can barely be moved for retail.

The majority of wannabe full time sneaker resellers won't be profitable in the long run. Dudes shouldn't quit their day job and better not ever delude themselves into thinking a pair of shoes is an investment.

I agree on not quitting your day job but i know young dudes EATING off this reseller bull, just gotta b smart, avoid consignment shops, deal locally, and you can make a killing, me i dont have the patience for all that so I gotta go to work in a couple hours lol

I agree on not quitting your day job but i know young dudes EATING off this reseller bull, just gotta b smart, avoid consignment shops, deal locally, and you can make a killing, me i dont have the patience for all that so I gotta go to work in a couple hours lol

I know people that make good money off releases like legend blues also but the other side of the coin is how many releases they don't make any money off. For every Legend Blue 11 or Black Infrared 6 there's 5 other releases that are widely available that real resellers have to cop to keep their relationships intact.

Sport Blue 3s, 6s, and 14s. Baron 13s, Grey Toe 13s,Thunder 14s and many other releases from this year. 2014 has been a great year to cop Jordans for retail or close to retail well after release. Don't get me wrong, reselling is alive on limited and super hyped releases but it's nowhere as bad as things were last year.

it says coming soon

Yeah, also says the Columbia 11s are coming soon and you know those are long gone!

Both pages also says sold out, which means they probably sold out in store already and never updated the "coming soon" text. In the past they havent always updated their pages after instore sell outs.

Last edited:
I still find it ironic people say $500 is too much for this pack....an 11 pack at that. Especially when I see some Jordan 1's reselling $600-700 and some db J's for $1,000. We talking 600-700% markup.....and that isn't crazy?? Hell $500 is up there, but at least it is 2 shoes. If the pantone was to release seperate, I am sure JB would slap a $250-300 price tag on it just like the cigar and champ 6. And the xx9 is at $225. $500 sounds right to me.
Well you're comparing resell value to what JB charges us for retail value. If retail is $500, it'll be a lot harder to get a $200 profit than if retail was $300 and you're trying to make $200. Paying $500 aftermarket value sounds better than paying a $700 aftermarket value. And reason why I'm saying $300 is because only a few years back when Jordan released the Countdown Packs retailed at $310 or around that, and that came with 2 retros, not BS xx9's. 11/12 CDP was so worth it. So for them to increase by nearly $200 for this pack was deemed not worthy to many people. 

Last edited:

Uh oh. How am I supposed to get married now?
nerd.gif
I've been abusing this line into oblivion lately. I need to switch it up.
"What are you talking about, I wear these all the time! You should pay better attention or something" 

"Yeah these new, but I had a coupon and there was a sale, so I really couldn't turn it down"

Still extremely upset about NDC cancelling my order. I even called them to get clarification why. The manager on the phone lines at the time couldn't even hold a logical conversation with me and didn't have the answers. Said I would have to contact corporate for more info.

Long story short. My brother and I placed two orders. One for him, one for me. We had two different methods of payment (my paypal and my debit card). They were both being sent to the same address. We've done this in the past, never any issues. So they cancelled it and explained why, claiming that BOTH orders/accounts were under my name, when the confirmation email clearly shows different names.

After all that he said, sorry there's no way you can get the shoes, they're gone. They're going to someone else. I asked for clarification. How could they go to someone else if they were a cancelled order? How will someone claim it? They had no answer.

Thanks NDC. lol.

^ i just hope it doesnt get to a point that 11s are 300 retail
mean.gif
they're 200 now and people have already been buying them for 300+ for years. most people just bought the $500 pack for the 11s. sadly it will get to 300. there is really nothing holding nike back now that the "culture" has turned into what it is today
eyes.gif
 rip

Still extremely upset about NDC cancelling my order. I even called them to get clarification why. The manager on the phone lines at the time couldn't even hold a logical conversation with me and didn't have the answers. Said I would have to contact corporate for more info.

Long story short. My brother and I placed two orders. One for him, one for me. We had two different methods of payment (my paypal and my debit card). They were both being sent to the same address. We've done this in the past, never any issues. So they cancelled it and explained why, claiming that BOTH orders/accounts were under my name, when the confirmation email clearly shows different names.

After all that he said, sorry there's no way you can get the shoes, they're gone. They're going to someone else. I asked for clarification. How could they go to someone else if they were a cancelled order? How will someone claim it? They had no answer.

Thanks NDC. lol.
If one had his name then the billing info on the payment needs to be under his name, no?

Thanks NDC. lol.
what size was it. Maybe I can call it in and buy it

If one had his name then the billing info on the payment needs to be under his name, no?

Thanks NDC. lol.
You do realize this happens almost all the time when you use the same name and billing address? I've had Finish Line, Foot Locker and NDC do this very same thing. I've stopped copping extra pairs for people unless they are willing to cough up their info as I've lost out on several drops because of this. Instead of contacting the customer, they cancel the order for violation of terms and don't explain ANYTHING. I'm not mad at them though, rules are rules and they have to do something to stop people from ordering more than their share, not that it is working though... but it does help. Unfortunately, this method also catches those of us who are really only getting another pair for someone else such as a brother or really close friend.

My fiancé and I live together, I copped two pairs of the "Legend Blue" 11s, one for her and one for me however, to do this I used my FNL account, but used my debt card and her debt card, same shipping address, different billing names/cards. Trust me, they even cancelled an order I had when I tried to cop two pairs of the black/white 13s when I used my card and her card, but shipped both to just my name [[[AUTO CANCEL]]].

i dont remember when everyone and their mothers being able to cop a 500 pack right after an xmas XI release... is everybody ballin?

Back
Top Bottom