Parable: Jordan/ Pippen = Batman/ Robin...James/ Wade = Superman/ Batman? (Potentially?)

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Originally Posted by Flyest In The Hood

LeBron is better than Jordan
Wade is way better than Pippen

LBJ and D-Wade is the greatest duo of anything known to mankind.

We are lucky to be witnessing this.

Flamesuit is on zipped up to the top!

I totally agree

Lebron is way stronger than Jordan and he averages more rebounds and assists per game.

Wade would way to quick for Pippen, Wade's scoring average is way higher than Pippens too. Defensively he would shut down Pippen, Wade is the best non-big man shot blocker in NBA history.

Lol

Jordan and Pippen won 12 rings between them. Bron and Wade only got 3 so far
smile.gif

dennis_green.jpg

If you want to crown them, then crown their @%$!

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Flyest In The Hood

LeBron is better than Jordan
Wade is way better than Pippen

LBJ and D-Wade is the greatest duo of anything known to mankind.

We are lucky to be witnessing this.

Flamesuit is on zipped up to the top!

I totally agree

Lebron is way stronger than Jordan and he averages more rebounds and assists per game.

Wade would way to quick for Pippen, Wade's scoring average is way higher than Pippens too. Defensively he would shut down Pippen, Wade is the best non-big man shot blocker in NBA history.

Lol

smile.gif

dennis_green.jpg

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

How can LeBron and Wade be considered a better DUO than Jordan and Pippen?

On paper, but in terms of production, I can't see them ever winning 6 ring.
You realize that when MJ was LeBron's age he had exactly ZERO rings, right? When MJ was LeBron's age he had never even been to the finals. LeBron at 26 is actually more accomplished in the NBA than MJ at 26. Assuming LeBron doesn't have any career ending injuries, he's got at least 8-10 seasons left in him. In the span of 10 years, guys like Kobe and Duncan have been able to win 5 and 4 rings respectively. For the Heat to win 4-6 championships wouldn't be unheard of by any means. If they win a chip this year, LeBron will continue to be ahead of MJ's accomplishments and the same age.
Dwyane Wade is another monster. Assuming he's the Pippen of the situation, I'd say he's definitely on track to being a better player than Scottie was. He'll retire a couple years before LeBron does, but this Heat franchise is on track to become a dominant force for the next 8 seasons. I expect the roster to be even better next season, and possibly even having Pat Riley having a greater influence on the coaching aspects. Miami is going to be a very desirable destination for future free agents. It's not like when the Boston big 3 got together in their 30's over a decade into their careers. This is a young athletic team that players hungry for a championship will find very attractive.

Do I think they will match the 90's Bulls? Who knows? Nobody can know that. It is reasonable though.

You realize that when MJ was LeBron's age he had exactly ZERO rings, right? When MJ was LeBron's age he had never even been to the finals. LeBron at 26 is actually more accomplished in the NBA than MJ at 26. Assuming LeBron doesn't have any career ending injuries, he's got at least 8-10 seasons left in him. In the span of 10 years, guys like Kobe and Duncan have been able to win 5 and 4 rings respectively. For the Heat to win 4-6 championships wouldn't be unheard of by any means. If they win a chip this year, LeBron will continue to be ahead of MJ's accomplishments and the same age.
Dwyane Wade is another monster. Assuming he's the Pippen of the situation, I'd say he's definitely on track to being a better player than Scottie was. He'll retire a couple years before LeBron does, but this Heat franchise is on track to become a dominant force for the next 8 seasons. I expect the roster to be even better next season, and possibly even having Pat Riley having a greater influence on the coaching aspects. Miami is going to be a very desirable destination for future free agents. It's not like when the Boston big 3 got together in their 30's over a decade into their careers. This is a young athletic team that players hungry for a championship will find very attractive.

Do I think they will match the 90's Bulls? Who knows? Nobody can know that. It is reasonable though.

I totally agree

Lol

smile.gif

dennis_green.jpg

laugh.gif

I totally agree

Lol

smile.gif

dennis_green.jpg

laugh.gif

OnionSlice wrote:
DCAllAmerican wrote:

Thats a flawed argument because MJ went to UNC for 3 years before he came into the NBA. How can MJ accomplish things in the NBA when hes still in school? So a better comparsion would be their first 8 years in the NBA and if you did that Jordan blows away Lebron accomplishments. In fact its really stupid to compare anybody in terms of dominace or greatness to Jordan unless you're talking about Wilt Chamberlain.

MJ first 8 seasons-

2 rings
2 NBA Finals MVPs
2 NBA MVPs
1 NBA Defensive Player of the Year
1 NBA All-Star MVP,
Rookie of the Year,
6 1st All-NBA team selections,
5 All-NBA Defensive slections
7 scoring titles
2 NBA Steal titles
Held the NBA record for most points in a playoff game.

Lebron first 8 seasons

2 NBA MVPs
2 NBA All-Star MVPs
Rookie of the Year
5 1st All-NBA team selections
3 All-NBA defensive selections
a scoring title

OnionSlice wrote:
DCAllAmerican wrote:

Thats a flawed argument because MJ went to UNC for 3 years before he came into the NBA. How can MJ accomplish things in the NBA when hes still in school? So a better comparsion would be their first 8 years in the NBA and if you did that Jordan blows away Lebron accomplishments. In fact its really stupid to compare anybody in terms of dominace or greatness to Jordan unless you're talking about Wilt Chamberlain.

MJ first 8 seasons-

2 rings
2 NBA Finals MVPs
2 NBA MVPs
1 NBA Defensive Player of the Year
1 NBA All-Star MVP,
Rookie of the Year,
6 1st All-NBA team selections,
5 All-NBA Defensive slections
7 scoring titles
2 NBA Steal titles
Held the NBA record for most points in a playoff game.

Lebron first 8 seasons

2 NBA MVPs
2 NBA All-Star MVPs
Rookie of the Year
5 1st All-NBA team selections
3 All-NBA defensive selections
a scoring title

Originally Posted by OnionSlice

Do I think they will match the 90's Bulls? Who knows? Nobody can know that. It is reasonable though
Wade will always have One more ring than LeBron. Since your comparing age to Michael, Michael won his first ring after being in the league for 7 years, last year was the end of LeBrons 7th season. Kobe is only 32 years old but he looks like he's 35 out there now, those extra years of NBA basketball took a toll on those legs, but what makes MJ/KB so unique is the fact that they can lose a step but still score at will (fadaways, jumpshot, etc). LeBron will need to develop a game that he has still yet to approach, which is; scoring without athleticism. Thats why overall, I believe Jordan was a better scorer and will always be. Lebron however is a better passer and thats going to carry him further than his scoring ever will. I bet Jordan regrets taking those years off to play baseball because their is no doubt in my mind he would have won 8 championships, to be honest he could have won 8-10 if he retired in 2000 (for the first time
laugh.gif
). Once Wade gets injured or loses his step (3-4 years) LeBron and Bosh will take over these duties, Bosh is going to play a major role in years to come, lets see how he handles it. Overall, I believe this Miami Heat team will win at most 4 championships, maybe 5, mayyybe, depends on Wade's legs because this team is built on Atleticism. I also believe OKC will win 4-5 too tho (there team is so young), I believe wherever D12 goes will also play a big factor.

Originally Posted by OnionSlice

Do I think they will match the 90's Bulls? Who knows? Nobody can know that. It is reasonable though
Wade will always have One more ring than LeBron. Since your comparing age to Michael, Michael won his first ring after being in the league for 7 years, last year was the end of LeBrons 7th season. Kobe is only 32 years old but he looks like he's 35 out there now, those extra years of NBA basketball took a toll on those legs, but what makes MJ/KB so unique is the fact that they can lose a step but still score at will (fadaways, jumpshot, etc). LeBron will need to develop a game that he has still yet to approach, which is; scoring without athleticism. Thats why overall, I believe Jordan was a better scorer and will always be. Lebron however is a better passer and thats going to carry him further than his scoring ever will. I bet Jordan regrets taking those years off to play baseball because their is no doubt in my mind he would have won 8 championships, to be honest he could have won 8-10 if he retired in 2000 (for the first time
laugh.gif
). Once Wade gets injured or loses his step (3-4 years) LeBron and Bosh will take over these duties, Bosh is going to play a major role in years to come, lets see how he handles it. Overall, I believe this Miami Heat team will win at most 4 championships, maybe 5, mayyybe, depends on Wade's legs because this team is built on Atleticism. I also believe OKC will win 4-5 too tho (there team is so young), I believe wherever D12 goes will also play a big factor.

I was watching Game 5 of the 1991 NBA Finals. This game looks very similar to Game 1 of the Heat vs. Mavs, Yes we know the Mavs won, that isn't my point here. The open court speed/dominance of Jordan and Pippen look very similar to what we saw from Wade and LeBron. I am not saying LeBron/Wade > Jordan/Pippen. I am just saying in the open court, both duos are so fun to watch.

I was watching Game 5 of the 1991 NBA Finals. This game looks very similar to Game 1 of the Heat vs. Mavs, Yes we know the Mavs won, that isn't my point here. The open court speed/dominance of Jordan and Pippen look very similar to what we saw from Wade and LeBron. I am not saying LeBron/Wade > Jordan/Pippen. I am just saying in the open court, both duos are so fun to watch.

DCAllAmerican:

I can. In their FIRST year together, they went to the Finals. I'm not saying that they'll automatically improve next year (meaning: win the championship). I'm simply reminding that in year ONE, they went to the Finals.

I can definitely see the Heat continuing to make better decisions, year in and year out, to the point where 10 years from now, both of those two are finally winding their careers down, rounding out the tens of thousands of pts/boards/dimes they'll rack up... and we're saying "Damn, they destroyed this decade.
sick.gif
6 titles? Alright, who's next?"

I can definitely see that.

DCAllAmerican:

I can. In their FIRST year together, they went to the Finals. I'm not saying that they'll automatically improve next year (meaning: win the championship). I'm simply reminding that in year ONE, they went to the Finals.

I can definitely see the Heat continuing to make better decisions, year in and year out, to the point where 10 years from now, both of those two are finally winding their careers down, rounding out the tens of thousands of pts/boards/dimes they'll rack up... and we're saying "Damn, they destroyed this decade.
sick.gif

Yea, sorry but... MJ/Pippen = 6 rings together.

Lebron and Wade wont even be on the same team for 6 years let alone win that many rings.

Some people smh

Yea, sorry but... MJ/Pippen = 6 rings together.

Lebron and Wade wont even be on the same team for 6 years let alone win that many rings.

Some people smh

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

DCAllAmerican:

sick.gif

six though? i don't see how anyone could predict that when they haven't even won one yet. i don't see it.
i'm not saying it's impossible, but at this point even saying it is just fanatical imo. 

DCAllAmerican:
Eh, too much has to happen right for them to win 6 rings though. That is asking for a lot.
Oh, definitely. Don' get me wrong; I'm not saying 'book it! They're GOING to win 6... MINIMUM!"
laugh.gif

NO, no... I'm simply saying I can see it. If they have 5+ titles 12-13 years from now, I will NOT be one of the ones saying "Well damn, they did it. I am completely shocked."

As far as predictions go as a duo, I'll go... 2. If I were to bet the farm on a number, I'd bet on 2.

I just know they won't go ringless as a tandem. That's just not happening.
laugh.gif
Like I said, year ONE got them to the Finals.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

DCAllAmerican:

sick.gif

six though? i don't see how anyone could predict that when they haven't even won one yet. i don't see it.
i'm not saying it's impossible, but at this point even saying it is just fanatical imo. 

Back
Top Bottom