Paris 2024 Summer Olympics: Thank you, France!🥇🥈🥉

IMG_1021.jpeg

If you’re in need of some sport right now is the end of the Tour de France Femme - and it’s exciting.

Short history of this week. Girl was leading but she crashed - usually the team would wait for their leader and help get them back to the front (it’s a lot more efficient riding with 4 or 5 riders than on your own) but they abandoned her and in fact a teammate won the stage for herself.

They were apparently told to wait for her but ignored the instruction and claimed they didn’t know and their radios didn’t work and other stuff. Theres obviously some internal politics going on.

She went from leading to being 1m15 behind - yesterday she had a good stage getting back a few seconds, today is finishing on Alpe d’Huez and she is off the front at the moment - hovering around 1m20 so if she keeps it up she wins the whole thing.

Then she’s announced she’s quitting the team - which seems an obvious conclusion.

Worth watching - I can get it on Discovery+ - not sure where it would be in the US.

Watching super League rugby. Huddersfield Giants v Castleford Tigers. The tigers offense is frustrating to watch. They are like a rb that's constantly taking weird angles, cutting back instead of just hitting the hole and losing yards after an initial big gain. The Giants on the other hand they run straight at you. Currently playing one down after a player got a yellow for a high tackle.

Tigers finally got a big 4 point score at about the 58 minute mark after being shut out most of the match, they make a lot of silly turnovers though. Giants 18 Tigers 6

Big score at 68 Tigers did something I didn't know you could do since no one was doing it. Instead of pitching it backwards constantly they had a short fast dude run a vertical route up the sideline guy with the ball kicked it to him with a nice over the shoulder pass with perfect placement like a Messi Rodgers hybrid caught it in stride for the tuddy. 18-12 Giants

If you’re in need of some sport right now is the end of the Tour de France Femme - and it’s exciting.

Short history of this week. Girl was leading but she crashed - usually the team would wait for their leader and help get them back to the front (it’s a lot more efficient riding with 4 or 5 riders than on your own) but they abandoned her and in fact a teammate won the stage for herself.

They were apparently told to wait for her but ignored the instruction and claimed they didn’t know and their radios didn’t work and other stuff. Theres obviously some internal politics going on.

She went from leading to being 1m15 behind - yesterday she had a good stage getting back a few seconds, today is finishing on Alpe d’Huez and she is off the front at the moment - hovering around 1m20 so if she keeps it up she wins the whole thing.

Then she’s announced she’s quitting the team - which seems an obvious conclusion.

Worth watching - I can get it on Discovery+ - not sure where it would be in the US.

Gutted for her - she won the stage and then had to wait and see what the gap to the yellow jersey was - it ended up being 1:01 which meant that she was 4s short. That’s the closest Tour de France ever beating Greg Lemond’s famous 1989 final day win.

Watched some Big 3 championship, Pickleball, Padel, and a little bit of cricket too. Couldn't get a grasp on cricket I was listening to a podcast at the same time though. Next time I'll have to turn on the sound see if I can follow it better.

Watched some Big 3 championship, Pickleball, Padel, and a little bit of cricket too. Couldn't get a grasp on cricket I was listening to a podcast at the same time though. Next time I'll have to turn on the sound see if I can follow it better.

Perhaps this will help:

Yeah I'm off her.
Intentionally thwarted the efforts of individuals in marginalized groups, individuals FAAAAAR more deserving than her, considering she isn't deserving at all and made a mockery of a cultural element she knows nothing about (nor do I).
Garbage person.

Back
Top Bottom