Paris 2024 Summer Olympics: Thank you, France!🥇🥈🥉

Let's be real... lack of interest is what's stopping people supporting year round.

Which is at the root of all this Noah commentary.

No matter how many yu gi oh cards he pulls out he's never going to be regarded like Bolt (who was transcendent) or NBA stars.

I wouldn’t agree with this point because everyone tuned in just to watch him lose in the 100 meter, NBA players included. People are still typing out the words he deserves all the hates he gets a week after the games are long gone.

Bolt is one of a kind and if he were American, he’d face the same issues about lack of support outside of Olympic years.

I knew Raygun getting to the Olympics had to be because of favoritism or nepotism type ****. She needs to give a public apology, distance herself from Breaking and Hip Hop, unless it’s to use her connections to help out legitimate breakers in Australia. Otherwise, she should become a pariah in all Hip Hop circles.

I doubt that’s going to happen. I think she’s a Gender/Feminist Scholar. What we will get is a pity party, a long essay talking about how she was unfairly treated because of her gender, a book deal and a movie or series deal.

My wife read out parts of a really interesting article the other day but we couldn’t find it later - it does seem to be some sort of protest and part of her academic role.

This is interesting too:

Cashflow and Lyles doing they best to make sure I never pay attention to T&F unless it's Olympic time 🤣. Sydney and Gabby y'all only hope 🤣

I wouldn’t agree with this point because everyone tuned in just to watch him lose in the 100 meter, NBA players included. People are still typing out the words he deserves all the hates he gets a week after the games are long gone.

Bolt is one of a kind and if he were American, he’d face the same issues about lack of support outside of Olympic years.

My comments were relating to the general levels of year round interest in track and field.

As you said we're a week removed from the biggest athletics competition on the calendar when the other major sports are in their off seasons.

This will be an after thought when football season starts.

That being said regardless of how people feel about him Lyles is still good for the sport. Bolt set the bar so high for the mens sprints that you have to generate interest somehow if running 9.5 & 19.1 isn't on the cards.

Back
Top Bottom