Paris 2024 Summer Olympics Thread: I think we’ve reached peak art

Damn I can’t even do all that. Tried to get back in pool a couple times a week but only doing like 1,000.

Yea I never fully appreciated how hard sh was since I did it when I was little and then stopped and did other shh

But getting the feel back for it or catch the rhythm took a bit, especially breaststroke.. and freestyle I finally feel like I’m not killing myself getting my arms over in recovery

But even soemthing as simple as getting my arms properly in a streamline I didn’t fully appreciate how NOT normal that was

also, I hate what NBC pushed for and what they did for the US trials and now at the Olympics in swimming

instead of lane 1 being at the bottom of the screen, lane 8 is now at the bottom and lane 1 is at the top

You think she'll have any problems in the final vs Summer?

I didn’t watch the 400 prelims..

But all 3 really didn’t have to fully rest and taper to qualify (mckeon being a great example dropping that 51.9 on the relay bs what she did at trials) .. but ledecky is the one in recent years who hasn’t dropped time in big meets like Titmus and summer have.. still think titmus has the highest ceiling in that event, since I was surprised she broke the WR in the 200 at their trials

If you really care name one of the flag bearers from another country

I mean I knew a lot of the flagbearers but thats cause I've been watching nonstop Olympics dam near my whole life but yeah Bomani definitely only made a big deal of it on some Skip Bayless ****

I didn’t watch the 400 prelims..

But all 3 really didn’t have to fully rest and taper to qualify (mckeon being a great example dropping that 51.9 on the relay bs what she did at trials) .. but ledecky is the one in recent years who hasn’t dropped time in big meets like Titmus and summer have.. still think titmus has the highest ceiling in that event, since I was surprised she broke the WR in the 200 at their trials

you don't see Fairweather having a chance to disrupt the 3?

I mean I knew a lot of the flagbearers but thats cause I've been watching nonstop Olympics dam near my whole life but yeah Bomani definitely only made a big deal of it on some Skip Bayless ****
I just don’t have the energy, I’m getting older. But some random things, people CARE :lol:

If you really care name one of the flag bearers from another country

If you meant me, that’s light work

My country gave the award to 2 track athletes Stephen Gardner and devynne charlton..

And I knew manaudou (a swimmer) was going be 1 for France because I saw an article on it

But I also read an article on swimmers who would be their countries flag bearers:

you don't see Fairweather having a chance to disrupt the 3?

Maybe ledecky, cause she’s been closer to her ceiling outside of the big meets in years past

I assume titmus is going be at least 3:56 and summer probably right there with her.. hell both could go sub 3:55

But I’m not sure ledecky has sub 3:57 in her anymore

Was just referring to anyone, but it’s a huge deal to be asked to do it I’m sure. I more just think arguing about who should actually be the person is overdoing it.

I just don’t have the energy, I’m getting older. But some random things, people CARE :lol:

I don’t see it as that big a deal..

But for ledecky, biles, dressel, lyles etc. they need to get their faces out there as much as possible in the next 2 weeks to maximize their earning potentials

Anyone watching Brazil v. France basketball?
Brazil starting off with defense & running. Don't know if old man Huertas can keep this up all game. 👀

... and Gobert gets dunked on, off a lob.
No Gobert game is complete without it.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don’t see it as that big a deal..

But for ledecky, biles, dressel, lyles etc. they need to get their faces out there as much as possible in the next 2 weeks to maximize their earning potentials

The gymnastics team always skip the opening ceremony, i think most of the swimmers do as well but Shacarri and Lyles could've did it I guess in theory

Maybe ledecky, cause she’s been closer to her ceiling outside of the big meets in years past

I assume titmus is going be at least 3:56 and summer probably right there with her.. hell both could go sub 3:55

But I’m not sure ledecky has sub 3:57 in her anymore

is China a contender in the 4x100 mens free relay final? that dude Pan is apparently the WR holder now

YYYYOOOOO!!!!
Wemby just showed the danger his height presents under the rim. Just playing with Brazil for like 3 boards and an And-1 underneath. 🤣
Was funny to see.

is China a contender in the 4x100 mens free relay final? that dude Pan is apparently the WR holder now

Don’t think they have the 3 other legs to keep them close enough for his sub 47 to have as much of an impact as it should

Italy has dudes to bring in.. but Australia and China already used their big guns

Hunter Armstrong is where US needs him to be and dressel looked like it took it easy.. and they bring in 2 guys who went 47 low flat start

Pan might have fastest split of the field but it might not matter

Back
Top Bottom