PARTYNEXTDOOR ~ OMO Thread Official

He's talking about performing. Went from poor/uncomfortable to one of the best live shows around.

I think the difference is, Weeknd just has a much better natural voice in general.

He also doesn't use nearly the amount of processing/vocal tricks that Party does which is hard to translate live.

Also Weeknd always wanted to be a pop star, Party just doesn't have the same type of ambition because of his personality.

He obviously loves his fans and I feel like he's doing this for us rather than him actually wanting to perform.

He seems like he would be content to just stay in the penthouse, smoke, **** foreign ******* and create.

I still think he improves, especially after the first couple dates of this new tour.

I think the difference is, Weeknd just has a much better natural voice in general.

He also doesn't use nearly the amount of processing/vocal tricks that Party does which is hard to translate live.

What? Weeknd doesn't even sing in his natural voice lol. He mainly uses a falsetto and he strains a lot doing that.

Party's voice is actually solid live. It really just depends on the song he's doing.

I like the Not  Nice vid 
nthat.gif

What? Weeknd doesn't even sing in his natural voice lol. He mainly uses a falsetto and he strains a lot doing that.

Party's voice is actually solid live. It really just depends on the song he's doing.

I've seen them both multiple times man, stop it. :lol:

I'm not talking about the tone that he sings in, I'm talking about actually hitting the notes live.

"Solid live", "depends on the song he's singing".

Alright man, we just going to have to agree to disagree.

He has a lot to improve on IMO.

The Weeknd be quivering every time he sings bruh. It's the live band that's helping him out lol. If you don't hear/see that that's fine. Just keep it in his respective thread.

Never seen PND live but Weeknd @ Coachella back  in 2012 was one of the worst vocal performances i've ever seen. 

Also Weeknd always wanted to be a pop star, Party just doesn't have the same type of ambition because of his personality.

He obviously loves his fans and I feel like he's doing this for us rather than him actually wanting to perform.

He seems like he would be content to just stay in the penthouse, smoke, **** foreign ******* and create.

I still think he improves, especially after the first couple dates of this new tour.
 If i'm not mistaken PND explicitly said that "of course" he wants to be a star with Rolling Stone or one of them publications that came out a month or so ago. He even wrote a letter on his website when P3 came out basically saying he was going to do more to build his profile.

I think he wants to be one, but he doesn't have nearly the personality that comes with being one. 

Everything else you said is spot on though, especially his voice. But IMO Weeknd's voice isn't that spectacular either from the handful of times i've seen him live. Some songs he sounded great, others I cringed. But For the life of me though, I can't figure out exactly why he hasn't had the chart success that one would have assumed that he would have. His music seems tailor made for today's climate.

Last edited:
^ he's not accessible and doesn't have the personality . even with tiller being a low key guy , people still connected to him .

fans connect to party's music , but we have no idea who this guy is 

and i didn't think party sounded bad at all live 

Only time I saw PND was when he was an opening act for Drake for WYLAT back in 2013. I remember the girl next to me asked me if that was Future.

Last edited:
I don't think it's as simple as saying PND just needs to do more interviews and make himself seen. Especially when he's not the most sociable guy. Simply putting him in front of a camera won't change that. I'm not sure what level stardom ppl think he needs to be a but to reach those superstardom levels it's always about more than what's seen on the surface.

My guess is that the Drake machine behind him isn't moving as strong as many may think. It's hard to be an all star if your boss is doing what he gotta do to remain one too and you're heavily invested in that as a "collaborator" as well. I don't think it's a coincidence that all the guys he's most often compared to are perceived to be further along in the popularity department after declining the Drake stamp when it was offered. 

Last edited:
I mean the weeknd has still yet to do an audio/video interview. And he still clicks.

What happen to the CTHAGOD interview?

Tour should be interesting. I've only heard that Jeremih is awful from literally everyone that's seen him. If they were coming to the tampa/Orlando area I'd legit be in attendance. Worst case scenario you're slizzy off the blizzy surrounded by top notch yambs :nthat:

I'm late to the party on part 1. I been sliding this joint all day. Got some heaters on here for real.

Last edited:
On his twitter, he said it'll happen if "they don't try to stop it too" or something along those lines. :smh:

I'm guessing "they" stopped it.

Question is, who the **** is they? OVO?

**** is weird b.

Maybe it will happen since he's coming to NYC on tour.

Last edited:
Just copped my tickets to the LA show at the Wiltern. Should be a great night :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom