Pats Press Record to Remember the Titans While Da Mafia dropping Bills on Tables in Texas | NFL WILDCARD SATURDAY 🏈 |

651's Pick Em'

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Here's my case:

1. Jimmy is low key not very good, on a huge contract. He's no Kaep, even. He's been carried heavy by Kittle but at some point when the going gets tough he's going to make mistake that lose you games (wishful thinking? maybe)
2. Put Brady with the new Gronk, Kyle Shanahan and a great surrounding core and you'll find out he ain't dead just yet. Now you're riding the GOAT QB and a great defense into two SB runs. Smartest QB paired with the smartest HC/OC in the league. With the motivation to win one more without Bill.
And you get out of Jimmy's deal...

Jimmys contract was incredibly front loaded. For instance, he only had an $18M cap hit this year which was like the 15th most expensive QB in the NFL. If they want out of his contract they can basically cut him for nothing after this year. I think they would have like $4M in dead cap if they wanted to cut him this offseason so if they want out of his contract they can basically do it at any time.

as much hate as Jimmy gets, he was better in every statistical category than Brady was this year and he is 15 years younger and he makes less money. If Brady isn’t doing it with the GOAT NFL coach, I don’t see him turning it around drastically. Guys arm is basically dead at this point in his career

Jimmys contract was incredibly front loaded. For instance, he only had an $18M cap hit this year which was like the 15th most expensive QB in the NFL. If they want out of his contract they can basically cut him for nothing after this year. I think they would have like $4M in dead cap if they wanted to cut him this offseason.

as much hate as Jimmy gets, he was better in every statistical category than Brady was this year and he is 15 years younger and he makes less money. If Brady isn’t doing it with the GOAT NFL coach, I don’t see him turning it around drastically. Guys arm is basically dead at this point in his career

Pats have zero playmaking talent though. I'm not ready to call Brady dead if you put him on a stacked roster.

Peyton's arm was dead by the time he won MVP on the Broncos.

giphy - 2020-01-05T095340.244.gif

'09 all over again
Lol at "09.....yall been hella spoiled.

Jacoby brisett and jim g were better players this yr than tb12. They have to move on but kraft isnt going to allow it. Either way, no happy ending for him this yr
Bb should go after jameis

NE wins yesterday with a different QB. It’s funny we hear all the jokes about the Giants holding on Eli too long, NE is doing the same thing. It’s just easier to cover it when your HC is BB and you guys know every play the opponent is running.

Last edited:
NE wins yesterday with a different QB. It’s funny we hear all the jokes about the Giants holding on Brady too long, NE is doing the same thing. It’s just easier to cover it when your HC is BB and you guys know every play the opponent is running.
You're making this an Eli thing? The Pats won the Super Bowl with Brady last year. The Giants kept Eli playing like trash for nearly a decade because he won in 2011.

You're making this an Eli thing? The Pats won the Super Bowl with Brady last year. The Giants kept Eli playing like trash for nearly a decade because he won in 2011.

Not making it an Eli thing, Pats winning that SB with almost anyone last year. TB looks old and done, they’re holding onto him when BB was trying to get rid of him years ago.

Jimmys contract was incredibly front loaded. For instance, he only had an $18M cap hit this year which was like the 15th most expensive QB in the NFL. If they want out of his contract they can basically cut him for nothing after this year. I think they would have like $4M in dead cap if they wanted to cut him this offseason so if they want out of his contract they can basically do it at any time.

That would just be a bad trade for San Fran. Jimmy G ain't a top 5 QB but Tom Brady ain't either. You would be trading a good QB for a good but old declining QB. Who knows how Brady is gonna look next year.

Not making it an Eli thing, Pats winning that SB with almost anyone last year. TB looks old and done, they’re holding onto him when BB was trying to get rid of him years ago.

It interesting to think about if Kraft didn't force Bill to trade Jimmy. It comes down to if you think Jimmy coulda won that SB last year. Brady was great last year against the Chargers and KC but trash in the SB. Then it's the injury factor with Jimmy G. Jimmy outplayed Brady this year. So I guess the question is do you sacrifice years down the road for one SB.

It interesting to think about if Kraft didn't force Bill to trade Jimmy. It comes down to if you think Jimmy coulda won that SB last year. Brady was great last year against the Chargers and KC but trash in the SB. Then it's the injury factor with Jimmy G. Jimmy outplayed Brady this year. So I guess the question is do you sacrifice years down the road for one SB.
Jimmy G would be bottom-tier if it wasn’t for Kittle.

that’s gonna be the narrative for Boston media for the rest of the year. Especially if Jimmy wins it for SF.

Brady says he’s coming back. BB throws a fit. Kraft backs Brady. Trump calls BB “Silly Billy”.

BB to the Texans.

Jimmy G would be bottom-tier if it wasn’t for Kittle.

granted this is a small sample size but here was jimmy without Kittle this year

4143092F-9742-4A36-8054-892A0F44C54C.jpeg

plus you add in the fact that Brady was asking for like 30-35M a year that means we probably lose Armstead and may not have enough to resign Buckner who have both been incredibly important to our Dline.

Tom Brady is the GOAT but at age 43, nothing about that trade makes any sense for the 49ers. Add in the fact that Brady is clearly showing significant signs of aging and regression. His YPA are at career lows and he just had one of his worst statistical seasons ever and played with one of the best defenses he is ever had.

As long as Kyle is still here Jimmy will always be an above average QB

Last edited:
Tom Brady is the GOAT but at age 43, nothing about that trade makes any sense for the 49ers. As long as Kyle is still here Jimmy will always be an above average QB

agreed. jimmy is only going to get better from here, too. brady will only go the other way. makes zero sense for the niners

only a team looking for "bridge" or bump in popularity. Chargers, Raiders is interesting with the rumors about Gruden being low on Carr and with the new stadium, Miami would make sense. nice weather. good cities for TB12 to expand the brand.

Back
Top Bottom