::PAU GASOL TRADED TO LAKERS - CONFIRMED BY ESPN, Yahoo!, LA Times::

Huge move by the Lakers! Wow I was shocked when I fist heard we went after Pau then I thought, "what did we have to give up for him?" Kwame andCrit....? Hell yes!! Great move!!

23MCpizzle23 wrote:
Man this dude Mr. Smith is the best sports analyst ever

roll.gif
roll.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Kwame put on blast!

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Originally Posted by Kidskillz858

They reported on 570AM that Pau Gasol should be flying out to Washington DC to meetup with the team & coaching staff, will be a Laker, and ready to play on Sunday against the Wizards.

pimp.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
Sunday?
pimp.gif

Not suprised at all.Memphis doesnt play a game tonight and the Lakers are off tommrow.So Pau should have plenty of time to packup the important stuff heneeds and is probably clearing out his locker right now while the Lakers are making his new Laker jerseys and will have them sent to Washington DC in time forsunday's game.

Isn't Gasol hurt right now? And it's funny that them brothers getting traded for each other.

Alright, it definitely seems official enough for to exhale, since I'm seeing it on NBA.com and the Lakers homepage.

So... I'll comment.

As happy as this makes me, (and it makes me EXTREMELY HAPPY, for two reason I'll get to later), I would be OFF THE CHARTS excited with this:

1- some really talented PG/D-Fish*/Farmar
2- Kobe/Coby?
3- Vlad-Rad/Ariza/Walton*
4- Gasol/Turiaf
5- Bynum/Gasol

Obviously, that's assuming we would need to give up Odom to get 'some really talented East coast PG'.

Depending on who else we might to give in order to attain some really talented East coast PG, we would have a bench of D-Fish*, Farmar, Coby, Ariza, Walton*,and Turiaf.

*On D-Fish and Walton: I love Fisher, man. That's my dude. But if we could work out a trade including him, Odom, and Walton (or any combination thereof)for some random, really talented PG on the East coast, I would pull the trigger in a heartbeat.

Now, back to Kwame/Gasol.

Gasol is a perfect fit for us, because he plays a 4/5 position. He can play the 5 right now, for however long Bynum is out, and he can play the 4 when Bynumreturns.

That's the first reason I'm excited.

The second is...

... KWAME IS GONE!!!!

Go stink up someone else's locker room and waste someone else's time trying to talk to your thick-headed, butterfingered self.
smile.gif

laugh.gif
MART1N PAYNE wrote:
Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

roll.gif
roll.gif
that's why i mess with Stephen A cause he's that dude
pimp.gif
he went in "KWAME BROWN?!
sick.gif
"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

��
laugh.gif
roll.gif
�Stephen A Smith telling everyone like it is.�Damn did he put�Kwame on blast
eek.gif

23MCpizzle23 wrote:

�� [Stephen A.] KWAMEEHHH BROWN!!! KWAMEH BROWN! [/Stephen A.]

laugh.gif

man this is truly a good day for Laker nation. Cant wait for Andrew to come back.

Yes, I know an NBA season is 82 games.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I still can't believe that the Griz couldn't come up with a better deal. I know he Sixers are below the cap and have young players at other positions,and have a need for a big man. But who cares????? Can't wait for Sunday. I'll be waking up at 9 for the day's biggest game
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
at Stephen A. Smith's comments..."He's a bonafide scrub, he has small hands, he has no post up moves,etc". Kwame should be onsuicide watch. All this after getting continuously booed at the Staples Center. VH1 voice: "Kwame Brown, youre having the WORST week ever"

Well, this is why the trade was made from a laker's point of view (Mom's friend works with the lakers)

The lakers liked javaris. But the more and more they looked at it, they saw that he was not a fit for a phil type of system. He was a attack the basket dribbledrive, screen and roll type of dude and if you look at phil's previous pg's (Pax,hodges,b.j.shaw,fish, etc) all are mostly stand still type of playersthat knock down the open shot. Even now, they have sasha, Jordan(attacks sometimes, but mostly shooters) and fish main strentghs in their games are theirshooting ability. Not for Javaris. Lakers felt with Jordan sasha and Fish, they have pg's for now, and the future. Javaris just didn't fit well withthe lakers. He's an attack type of player and the Lakers think he will be a great player in the future but not with LA.

As far as kwame, LA basically gave up on him and as stated about javaris, the lakers didn't need him, so now its basically straight up kwame for gasol andimo, that is a no brainer you have to pull that deal. With bynum, Coby, Jordan, Sasha, Trevor, Luke, the lakers are still very young so they feel that they cangive some draft picks and still retain there youth.

Great trade for LA, but bottomline, Jerry west had something to do with this trade and still, if you are memphis how in the hell do you make this trade? Youget nothing but a log jam at the point, and nothing in the front court. If you were going to trade PAU, you should have traded him in the summer when you couldhave gotten more for him than what you did imo but hey, it is what it is

I dont beleive a word out of Ric Bucher or any of the NBA pundits on BSPN (Bucher, Stein, Hollinger, Adande).In fact the only NBA guy who I respect on BSPNis Scoop Jackson because he is non biased and speaks the TRUTH, also I've been reading his work since the days when he wrote for SLAM.

So I'm not buying any crap report that Bucher is saying that Bynum could be out for the rest of the season.I say:

DTTitle.jpg

Remember this was same the fool who was reporting last year that "Kobe has played his last game as a Laker"
roll.gif

Sweet Jesus I am STOKED!!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
lol I just barely heard the news from my pops....we are def. goin far thisseason(when everyone's healthy)
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom