::PAU GASOL TRADED TO LAKERS - CONFIRMED BY ESPN, Yahoo!, LA Times::

yes, finally gasol is gone! he is custard soft and complains and whines like a +#@%+. i could forsee kobe getting real irritated with pau. o ya, prepare for arapid increase of annoying spanish fans who think gasol is god on message boards everywhere
laugh.gif

it'll be entertaining to watch gay go for 40 a night for the rest of the yr, this is now officially his team.
pimp.gif

i don't care ab the pitiful players (critt is nice) that we got in return. we got 2 future first round picks to go along with our high lottery pick thisyr. the future is bright.

Originally Posted by J RAIN 23

yes, finally gasol is gone! he is custard soft and complains and whines like a **%*@. i could forsee kobe getting real irritated with pau. o ya, prepare for a rapid increase of annoying spanish fans who think gasol is god on message boards everywhere
laugh.gif

it'll be entertaining to watch gay go for 40 a night for the rest of the yr, this is now officially his team.

i don't care ab the player that we got in return. we got 2 future first round picks to go along with our high lottery pick this yr. the future is bright.
Draft Beasly, go for Okefor in the off-season.
Beasly, Okefor, Gay, Miller, Crit, Conley
eek.gif

Not sure if it was posted but Kwame is being waived by the Grizzlies and will be comming back to the Lakers.

I just now realized that THIS WEEK, the Grizzlies have gotten rid of Damon Stoudamire, Stromile Swift, and Pau Gasol.

DANG!!

laugh.gif

Wow. I hate to see Crittenton go, but I love the fact that Kwame is gone. It was absolutely frustrating watching Kwame fumble away simple passes and laying theball up against the glass at 100mph. The Lakers are going to lose a little bit on the defensive end, but the way I see it, Gasol more than makes up for it onthe offensive end. Watch out when Bynum and Ariza get back!

Nice trade. I wasn't sure this would actually happen.
happy.gif
Hopefullywe'll see him on Sunday against Washington.
Too bad for Javaris though, don't think he'll see any minutes in Memphis.

pimp.gif

words can't express how happy I am right now. I always felt we should have gone for GAsol over JO. damn. Mitch finally does something, and does it BIG.

I can't wait to see them all on the court
pimp.gif

and when we get Bynum back?
eek.gif

LAKERS
pimp.gif
happy.gif

Thats whats being said, Kwame will be bought out then wait 30 days to sign back with the Lakers for the Vet minimum for the rest of the season.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by DC5 06

Watch Lakers make another trade with Memphis again with Luke Walton for Mike Miller
laugh.gif
do it mitch
pimp.gif
That would deff make today the best day of my life saw mike at the fiba in vegas and his jumper is so money....

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

pimp.gif

manatee_fail.gif
what the hell?
laugh.gif
chester always got the funny replies
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

yes, finally gasol is gone! he is custard soft and complains and whines like a **%*@. i could forsee kobe getting real irritated with pau. o ya, prepare for a rapid increase of annoying spanish fans who think gasol is god on message boards everywhere
laugh.gif

i don't care ab the player that we got in return. we got 2 future first round picks to go along with our high lottery pick this yr. the future is bright.
Draft Beasly, go for Okefor in the off-season.
Beasly, Okefor, Gay, Miller, Crit, Conley
eek.gif

ya, i am praying that we can be in a position to draft beasley. him and rudy on the same team would be unreal
eek.gif

WHY DO PEOPLE THINK PAU IS SO AMAZING? sure he obviously is a drastic improvement over kwame, but paus overall game is outrageously overrated.

With Kwame there I can actually see the Grizzlies being so bad that they lose games they've already won this year.
laugh.gif

don't crown their %+%#+, word to Dennis Green.
Exactly.

Chemistry...chemistry...chemistry...chemistry...chemistry...chemistry...chemistry...

Gasol is lucky avging 15 with a player named Kobe bryant.
Do you believe that he's going to be concerned with stats when he's playing with Kobe, Lamar, and Bynum? Dude is just gonna do whateverhe has to do to make the team better.
But this man (Gasol) is not Duncan, or D. Howard, or KG, etc (you get the picture).
He doesn't have to be. Detroit doesn't have anyone on their level either and they've got the second best record in the NBA.

As others have stated, Pau is an improvement on Kwame, thus the entire team is improved.

He'll make a lot of the layups that Kwame missed.

He'll make it so that either he or Bynum will be facing a team's second best post defender.

He isn't strong enough to body up other bigs, but he'll block shots off the ball.

He'll alleviate injuries to the team.

He'll allow Odom to play the way he's used to playing.

He should make us a better rebounding team.

The trade makes the Lakers slightly better, but still not good enough to beat the elite teams in the west.
See what I typed above and what others have mentioned, the Lakers were beating the elite teams before Bynum went down.

NBA Films should show up to the games now to document the rest of the season ending in a championship

eyes.gif
laugh.gif
At least we have a reason for optimism now. These guys are all relativelyyoung.

'some really talented East coast PG'.
Did he play in the Finals?

Twice?

You're talking about Eric Snow, aren't you?

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Just got home!!!

This news is AMAZING!!!!!

happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

With Bynum back......

PG: Fisher
SG: Kobe
SF: Walton/Odom
PF: Bynum/Odom
C: Gasol

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

oh & Suns.... if we meet you in playoffs.....

yall got no chance vs a Gasol/Bynum/Odom big man core, game over.

Back
Top Bottom