::PAU GASOL TRADED TO LAKERS - CONFIRMED BY ESPN, Yahoo!, LA Times::

Originally Posted by bbllplaya23

Originally Posted by tupac003

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Peeps need to calm down.
Great addition to the Lakers, highway robbery, etc.
Seriously though chemistry is THE MOST IMPORTANT thing with an NBA team.
This new roster is 0-0 as of right now, Dennis Green/Don't Crown Their @$*@%/Dennis Green
Co-sign 100% Sohi...

I love the fact this deal went down but I am already annoyed by some laker fans. This does not mean a chip. We have to at least see them play. What the hell happens if we play sunday and get waxed by the wizards?

I am very very happy that this deal went down but I won't talk a lot of the mess that some folks have until we actually get out of the first round. I don't care what anybody says, the spurs are still the team to beat because they are the champs. The suns are still good and the mavs are great. Utah can be a problem. I hope everything works out.
This is the most intelligent Laker fan I have heard.
funny how we always get this statement whenever a fellow laker fan scolds other laker fans....

AGAIN, i looked through this WHOLE thread and NO LAKER FAN is saying the chip is ours. I don't know WHERE you are reading this or getting this from. maybeImaginationland?

Originally Posted by XTHE DIESELX

Originally Posted by solefob

its a great trade for the lakers, but I liked kwame and I'm probably the only one.

what?
laugh.gif
why? im serious....

^wow, al B. Sure in the avatar, thats the best one i've seen.

I like Kwame's post defense and the way he played the pick n roll. I just rooted for him cuz of all the expectations and all the hate and ridicule thathe would get especially cuz he wasn't a bad person

eek.gif
HOW THE FUDGE DID I MISS THIS??!!!

Damn. why the heck would memphis want this deal?

and why would they let themselves get fleeced like that? didnt even get odom.
smh.gif

Gasol, wow.

when I first heard that Gasol got traded to the lakers, i initially thought that Lamar was involved.

SoHi 23:
Peeps need to calm down.
This new roster is 0-0 as of right now, Dennis Green/Don't Crown Their @$*@%/Dennis Green
tupac003:
Co-sign 100% Sohi...

I love the fact this deal went down but I am already annoyed by some laker fans. This does not mean a chip. We have to at least see them play. What the hell happens if we play sunday and get waxed by the wizards?

I am very very happy that this deal went down but I won't talk a lot of the mess that some folks have until we actually get out of the first round. I don't care what anybody says, the spurs are still the team to beat because they are the champs. The suns are still good and the mavs are great. Utah can be a problem. I hope everything works out.

Ummm... I think you might be doing two things at once: hearing ESPN debate about us being title contenders, and reading NT. And doing these bothhas got you thinking that people on here are talking about us being title contenders.

Like NobleKane said, no one in here has said anything about that. Yeah, people have said stuff like, 'Bynum + Gasol + Odom around the basket = GAMEOVER', but that's just a vague statement of elation, not a title prediction, man.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Peeps need to calm down.
Co-sign 100% Sohi...

funny how we always get this statement whenever a fellow laker fan scolds other laker fans....

AGAIN, i looked through this WHOLE thread and NO LAKER FAN is saying the chip is ours. I don't know WHERE you are reading this or getting this from. maybe Imaginationland?
I am not saying anybod said that in this thread. But I know how some laker fans think.

If pao brings that 19 and 8 every game we will be just fine.

Peeps need to calm down.
Co-sign 100% Sohi...

AGAIN, i looked through this WHOLE thread and NO LAKER FAN is saying the chip is ours. I don't know WHERE you are reading this or getting this from. maybe Imaginationland?
He probably didn't even read the whole thread
laugh.gif
I know noone said we're going to win it all

Im just now hearing about this. went to nba.com to follow up on the game tonight and its a main headline. i had to do a double look word to the big buttthread! and we got gasol too??!?!? its game time.

Originally Posted by XTHE DIESELX

its a great trade for the lakers, but I liked kwame and I'm probably the only one.

what?
laugh.gif
why? im serious....

^wow, al B. Sure in the avatar, thats the best one i've seen.

I like Kwame's post defense and the way he played the pick n roll. I just rooted for him cuz of all the expectations and all the hate and ridicule that he would get especially cuz he wasn't a bad person
I just dont see how anyone could think hes a good post defender...

I like Kwame's post defense and the way he played the pick n roll. I just rooted for him cuz of all the expectations and all the hate and ridicule that he would get especially cuz he wasn't a bad person
You serious...?

Kwame is the most precise definition of FAIL.

On the Grizz side, I see where they're coming from. No I don't think Darko and Kwame is a good look, but they got a couple nice things working. Itjust takes time to see it all.

Pau was unhappy, they knew they had to move him.

They now add Critt who looks pretty good so far, and two first rounders. I know they won't be very good picks, but they will add flexibilty to make othermoves. Kwame will be gone soon, they save cap, then you add Rudy Gay, maybe Miller, a top pick in this years draft, sure to be top 3 or 4 with a lot of goodprospects out there, and they still have this years number one to see what he can do (Conley)

So peice wise, they have

Conley
Critt
Gay
Miller
Top 4 pick in 08
Extra pick in 08
Most likely a top 5 - 8 pick in 09
Extra pick in 10.

Plus a whole lotta cash to use in about 2 years when they have a solid young nucleus and can add vets to the mix.

Portland went about this the EXACT same way and is now doing ok for themselves. The Grizz got fleeced today, but they will be strong tomorrow if they followthru with the blueprint that the Blazers have provided. Good luck to them. (The Grizz, F the Blazers)
happy.gif

YES! I just updated my rosters in NBA Live!

Just for the record, I did not like Critt at all. He never seemed to be a "heady" player.

And I think Bynum will be back by early March 7th. No insider sources, just a shot in the dark guess.

Can't wait to see Pau in a Lakers uniform Sunday. Once again, awesome trade for the Lakers. Now we have to see how these guys mesh together. I'm hopingfor great things. I am absolutely happy with Odom and I think he will excel in his new role but I think if we could some how package him in a trade for Artestit would be the perfect move.

PG-Fisher
SG- Kobe
SF- Artest
PF- Gasol
C- Bynum

That lineup is obviously amazing offensively but defensively is where it would really separate from other teams. Again I am absolutely elated with the currentlineup but that would be amazing if we could pull that off.

Originally Posted by 24 K B 8

Peeps need to calm down.
Co-sign 100% Sohi...

He probably didn't even read the whole thread
laugh.gif
I know no one said we're going to win it all
I read the whole thing. I guess you can't read cuzz I just said nobody in this thread said we were going to win it all. Go check that laker seasonthread.

Back
Top Bottom