Pelle Pelle WAS da longest running last URBAN brand that still wield DOMINANCE.. RIP

I want to scan the Nike Spring/Summer and Fall/Winter merchant catalogs for yall, just to see how much "urban fashion" yall can pick out

You just said it yourself that Pelle Pelle is now changing their style to one that is more updated and fashionable. Urban fashion changes. Nike is also allowed to do this you know..:rolleyes

Does Gucci cater to the urban market? I'm talking about advertising, collaborations, sponsorships, community outreach, etc? No.

Nike doesn't cater to the urban market. They just make clothes/sneakers.

Nike tries to cater to everyone.

Just like they cater to people who run track or play basketball.

Who's going to wear Lebron's, younger people in to basketball. So they're going to show commercials during basketball games and sponsor events with young people.

So collaborations and with hip hop artists and graffiti artists aren't attempts at catering to the urban crowd? really? That's aimed at the soccer moms right? :rolleyes

sponsoring Rory Mcleroy and Tiger Woods is aimed at the urban fashion crowd right?

We can do this all day, because Nike is a brand that targets several different demographics

And one of those demographics (a major one at that) is the urban demographic. If we're talking about dominance as the thread title says, we gotta be clear on what is being dominated. If we're just talking about urban leather jackets, ok. Pelle Pelle might have that (I don't pay any attention to this market, I'm from Los Angeles :lol:). If we're talking about urban fashion in general, Nike has that locked up and no one is even close to it.

Last edited:
Regular ol Ty just said in this thread they dying and dude works in the industry come on son
he said they were selling 2-3 a day, at 800 dollar a POP, thats FAR from dying...hell, you gotta do DEEP in harlem/ fordham to find a store

that will sell that many pelle leathers in one day consistantly. thats why when you do go to those stores they got em from floor to celing wall to wall.

Does Gucci cater to the urban market? I'm talking about advertising, collaborations, sponsorships, community outreach, etc? No.

Nike doesn't cater to the urban market. They just make clothes/sneakers.

Nike tries to cater to everyone.

Just like they cater to people who run track or play basketball.

Who's going to wear Lebron's, younger people in to basketball. So they're going to show commercials during basketball games and sponsor events with young people.

So collaborations and with hip hop artists and graffiti artists aren't attempts at catering to the urban crowd? really? That's aimed at the soccer moms right?
eyes.gif
sponsoring Rory Mcleroy and Tiger Woods is aimed at the urban fashion crowd right?

We can do this all day, because Nike is a brand that targets several different demographics
And one of those demographics (a major one at that) is the urban demographic. If we're talking about dominance as the thread title says, we gotta be clear on what is being dominated. If we're just talking about urban leather jackets, ok. Pelle Pelle might have that (I don't pay any attention to this market, I'm from Los Angeles
laugh.gif
). If we're talking about urban fashion in general, Nike has that locked up and no one is even close to it.
nike is a SPORTSWEAR brand, they're not a urban brand, their competitors are adidas, puma, reebok, champion, etc.

pelle pelle is a URBAN brand, their competitors are rocawear, sean john, akademiks, LRG, ecko, akoo, enyce. etc.

Last edited:
So is McDonald's Urban Cuisine? Based on your logic it should be considered that.

No.

Like Nike is a cross demogrqphic sportswesr company, McDonalds is a cross demographic fast food restaurant.

We got Panera and Starbucks in the hood too. We have Chase banks. Is Chase an urban bank? You reachin b

Never seen one in baltimore. Couldn't pay me to wear that. Fashion from different regions is interesting because I'm sure ninja paid a grip for his while I wouldn't take the one he bought for free. Lol
don't even think they sell em in stores here :lol: ....couple of them pelle's look cool tho

don't even think they sell em in stores here :lol: ....couple of them pelle's look cool tho

I've seen a couple in random Leather Man stores. Only people buying em here are people from up north who don't go back much. Def wouldnt catch me in one

I've seen a couple in random Leather Man stores. Only people buying em here are people from up north who don't go back much. Def wouldnt catch me in one
how much were they? What designs?

how much were they? What designs?

I actually have no idea lol. Didnt really look, just remember seeing those big words on a jacket in the store. I do know that you can easily talk them down in the one in Secuirty and Mondawmin mall on most things.

I'll never understand why dudes from the south or other hot states bother coming in threads like this to say

"i've never seen anyone rock this or timbs"

well duh smart guy if it doesnt get cold why would they?
I see what you are saying, but this particular thread is asking about an Urban brand and if it's still dominant. If a brand is dominant it shouldn't only be limited to a region and a season either. Ninja already admitted that Pelle Pelle is a one trick pony, so in an essence he answered his own question.

I'll never understand why dudes from the south or other hot states bother coming in threads like this to say

"i've never seen anyone rock this or timbs"

well duh smart guy if it doesnt get cold why would they?
I see what you are saying, but this particular thread is asking about an Urban brand and if it's still dominant. If a brand is dominant it shouldn't only be limited to a region and a season either. Ninja already admitted that Pelle Pelle is a one trick pony, so in an essence he answered his own question.
being a one trick pony is great if da one trick you do is better then 99% of your competitors..look at Mariano Rivera..one pitch.

and to be fair, da rest of their line that isn't leathers isn't terrible, i just personally wouldn't rock it cuz i like my graphic tees with a different set of designs, and

as far as jeans i only mess with levis these days.

Back
Top Bottom