Pelle Pelle WAS da longest running last URBAN brand that still wield DOMINANCE.. RIP

It really is the same **** and dudes splitting hairs to justify some point.

Hip hop / urban / street wear.
completely different. Stussy and pelle pelle cater to two entirely different demographics

i don't understand the difference. can you maybe post picture examples comparing the two?

Hipsters will wear Stussy, but won't wear Pelle Pelle

The hood won't wear Stussy, but will wear Pelle Pelle

Different demographics. Because you listen to rap music doesn't mean you're in to the same things or come from the same environment.

I remember I had the white pelle pelle with the white and blue jordan XVI :smokin but people still rock pelle pelle in the chi.damn davoucci iceberg pelle pelle early 2000's hood gear :smokin

Last edited:
What dominance? Who/what are they dominating? :rolleyes

The urban market (as you categorize it) is incredibly niche, even more so the market for "urban" leather jackets.

Urban used to be a billion dollar industry.. Niche? Lol

Phat Farm, Ecko, Rocawear, Sean John, Karl Kani,

G-unit, state property, Averix, varcity, PNB nation,

etc, COUNTLESS others reduced to dust...and pelle

Pelle is still around getting 800+ dollars a pop for

Their leather jackets...sounds like domination to me

:pimp:

Exactly like I'd said, the urban market is niche. Who or what exactly are they dominating right now? The urban market for clothing? That market (the one that listens to hip hop like you said) pretty much doesn't exist.

You wanna talk about who dominates the urban fashion market? Nike. And it's not even close.

What dominance? Who/what are they dominating?
eyes.gif

The urban market (as you categorize it) is incredibly niche, even more so the market for "urban" leather jackets.

pimp.gif
Exactly like I'd said, the urban market is niche. Who or what exactly are they dominating right now? The urban market for clothing? That market (the one that listens to hip hop like you said) pretty much doesn't exist.

You wanna talk about who dominates the urban fashion market? Nike. And it's not even close.
I dont know anyone who owns a Nike leather

Why is it dudes keep trying to discredit Pelle's staying power by pointing at the flashier jackets

Why would a jacket like the one Lloyd Banks had on a couple pages ago ever not be wearable?

it's a plain leather jacket

Wearing a 2013 Pelle with the rhinestones and the cursive font will get you stuck up quicker than a big boy.

Wearing a 2013 Pelle with the rhinestones and the cursive font will get you stuck up quicker than a big boy.
let these cats know da deal, cuz some of em oblivious to whats poppin on da street..im convinced im da one that introduced them

to marmot sometimes
laugh.gif

Forces are universal that jacket is not schott been around almost 100 years now and will be around forever because they make real jackets that will outlive you.Pelle and those wearable billboards don't seem to be advancing at all .Look on the site I get a jacket that has pelle written all over and some crappy tapout affliction looking stuff on it for a 1 grand vs 540 schott jacket
umm because schott is a urban brand right?
laugh.gif
read da thread title again...

let these cats know da deal, cuz some of em oblivious to whats poppin on da street..im convinced im da one that introduced them

to marmot sometimes :lol:

depends where youre out in the city

i gotta take a trip out there soon, been a busy year

all these young minorities to early mid 20s be dressin like H&M/urban outfitters with jordans/nikes

have not seen a pelle in a good minute

then you got the dudes who still wear trues and Hudson sweatshirts all day but i see more of the other these days an thats usually older street dudes 25+ if i do see that

Last edited:

to marmot sometimes
laugh.gif
depends where youre out in the city

i gotta take a trip out there soon, been a busy year

all these young minorities be dressin like H&M with jordans/nikes

have not seen a pelle in a good minute
those are cats that overspend on sneakers and dont have enough money for anything else.

spending 400 on kicks and barely got money for a decent coat on sale...i seen em all da time when i walk by a sneaker line..they da ones freezing in those 40 dollar

H&M jackets thinking da "heat" on their feet is gonna keep em warm.
laugh.gif

once you hit uptown, and certain parts of da BX, and da get money spots of BK, people tend to a more balanced approached to their outfit.

Last edited:

urban specializes in da hiphip demographic, streetwear doesn't.
i don't understand the difference. can you maybe post picture examples comparing the two?
things that would appeal a skateboarder, or a rocker/metalhead wouldn't nessesarily appeal to a hiphop/drug dealer and viceversa just because they both occupy

da same type of environment. there's definitely some signs of overlap, but if you got a good eye for fashion you would be able to understand da nuances between

design elements that work in harlem, da bx, and things that would only rock in soho, as well as things that would rock in both markets.

teens rather wear a marmot than a pelle these days though

am i right?
both are good money, and both have different applications. for example, i wouldn't rock my marmot to go to da club, and i wouldn't rock

my pelle when its blistering cold outside, or when its raining significantly.

So we just talking about the Pelle Pellle dominating market for urban leather jackets now? Oh. Ok. Take it to TAN. this is not threadworthy at all :lol:

Ninja you right. Seems that's the new thing. Cheap clothes to offset sneaker prices.

eyes.gif

pimp.gif

So we just talking about the Pelle Pellle dominating market for urban leather jackets now? Oh. Ok. Take it to TAN. this is not threadworthy at all
laugh.gif
well we know they arent dominating the sneaker market.  The athletic wear market, the t-shirt market, the sports equipment market....

eyes.gif

pimp.gif

So we just talking about the Pelle Pellle dominating market for urban leather jackets now? Oh. Ok. Take it to TAN. this is not threadworthy at all
laugh.gif
you just like being wrong huh, this thread is 9 pages (20 replies per page OG style) long

and i'm still waiting for anyone to name anyone else who's been around as long as pelle pelle in da urban fashion sphere that's still dominating...da naysayer are quick

to attempt discredit pelle pelle, but so far have been pretty quiet in offering up an alternative...

So we just talking about the Pelle Pellle dominating market for urban leather jackets now? Oh. Ok. Take it to TAN. this is not threadworthy at all :lol:

well we know they arent dominating the sneaker market.  The athletic wear market, the t-shirt market, the sports equipment market....

Which is exactly the point I'm trying to make. What exactly is Pelle Pelle dominating? Nothing much at all besides the market for urban leather jackets, which is incredibly niche. Not exactly threadworthy, right?

Ninja you right. Seems that's the new thing. Cheap clothes to offset sneaker prices.
yep, back in da early 2000's sneakers didn't exceed a certain piece of $ in da total outfit pie chart, now its starting to encroach on

other people's ability to get other stuff, this is one of da reasons i kind blame for:

- death of da OG jersey era (jay-z just gave people an excuse to stop buying them cuz it was getting expensive)

- death of urban fashion (them akademik and LRG outfits used to cost cake)

-resurgence of robbing people for their jackets.

Back
Top Bottom