Pelle Pelle WAS da longest running last URBAN brand that still wield DOMINANCE.. RIP

What dominance? Who/what are they dominating? 
eyes.gif

The urban market (as you categorize it) is incredibly niche, even more so the market for "urban" leather jackets.

Urban used to be a billion dollar industry.. Niche? Lol

Phat Farm, Ecko, Rocawear, Sean John, Karl Kani,

G-unit, state property, Averix, varcity, PNB nation,

etc, COUNTLESS others reduced to dust...and pelle

Pelle is still around getting 800+ dollars a pop for

Their leather jackets...sounds like domination to me

pimp.gif

Exactly like I'd said, the urban market is  niche. Who or what exactly are they dominating right now? The urban market for clothing? That market (the one that listens to hip hop like you said) pretty much doesn't exist.

You wanna talk about who dominates the urban fashion market? Nike. And it's not even close.

I dont know anyone who owns a Nike leather

So we just talking about the Pelle Pellle dominating market for urban leather jackets now? Oh. Ok. Take it to TAN. this is not threadworthy at all 
laugh.gif
well we know they arent dominating the sneaker market.  The athletic wear market, the t-shirt market, the sports equipment market....
Which is exactly the point I'm trying to make. What exactly is Pelle Pelle dominating? Nothing much at all besides the market for urban leather jackets, which is incredibly  niche. Not exactly threadworthy, right?
threadworthy to me.  I grew up idolizing Pelle's, and I was finally able to get one a few years ago, then I ended up trading it so I could get my pops something nice for Christmas.  I've been searching for a new one ever since.

Last edited:

What dominance? Who/what are they dominating? :rolleyes

The urban market (as you categorize it) is incredibly niche, even more so the market for "urban" leather jackets.

:pimp:

Exactly like I'd said, the urban market is niche. Who or what exactly are they dominating right now? The urban market for clothing? That market (the one that listens to hip hop like you said) pretty much doesn't exist.

You wanna talk about who dominates the urban fashion market? Nike. And it's not even close.

So we just talking about the Pelle Pellle dominating market for urban leather jackets now? Oh. Ok. Take it to TAN. this is not threadworthy at all :lol:
you just like being wrong huh, this thread is 9 pages (20 replies per page OG style) long

and i'm still waiting for anyone to name anyone else who's been around as long as pelle pelle in da urban fashion sphere that's still dominating...da naysayer are quick

to attempt discredit pelle pelle, but so far have been pretty quiet in offering up an alternative...

I gave you a brand. Nike has been in the urban fashion sphere for almost as long as Pelle Pelle, and the Nike's dominance is not even comparable.

nike is nowhere near "urban fashion" B.

Pelle

Akademiks

Miskeen

Enyce

Sean John

Nike

one of these does not belong.  Just because people in urban environments wear it doesnt make it "urban fashion", nothing Nike has is remotely comparable to a Pelle leather.  And Pelle still sells tshirts and jeans too

Pelle Pelle is niche very niche urban clothing market pretty much died years ago .Vast majority of those brands have fallen into the Burlington coat factory and Ross .Dominant nah it's just the last holdout in a dying market of urban leather jackets and only a small amount of people of the urban demographic buy them .Your talking 1,000 dollar jackets here one thing about dominant brands or iconic pieces of clothing it's universal brands adapt to different product demands based off different markets and what those markets demand .The oversized jacket NASCAR jacket fade is dead most areas besides the fringe hoods

What dominance? Who/what are they dominating?
eyes.gif

pimp.gif

Exactly like I'd said, the urban market is niche. Who or what exactly are they dominating right now? The urban market for clothing? That market (the one that listens to hip hop like you said) pretty much doesn't exist.

So we just talking about the Pelle Pellle dominating market for urban leather jackets now? Oh. Ok. Take it to TAN. this is not threadworthy at all
laugh.gif
well we know they arent dominating the sneaker market.  The athletic wear market, the t-shirt market, the sports equipment market....
Which is exactly the point I'm trying to make. What exactly is Pelle Pelle dominating? Nothing much at all besides the market for urban leather jackets, which is incredibly niche. Not exactly threadworthy, right?
why are you marginalizing something thats EXTREMELY hard to do over a 30+ years spanning over 4 decades? if thats da case New era, da undisputed leader in headwear's

dominance isn't impressive either.

i made da thread because i wanted to make sure that no one else who has been around as pelle, who exist in da urban fashion sphere which has seen seismic changes

MULTIPLE times from da 80's, 90's, 00's, and now 2013, and they are not only still breathing, they are THRIVING and dominating their lane, do they have someone else

that can been considered their peer equally displaying a prolonged showing of marketplace dominance.

Nike isn't urban fashion?

Come on now
laugh.gif
mean.gif
dudes aint coppin Nike outfits to go to the club.

In fact, Show me an example of a nike "urban fashion" outfit.  

and if you want to put it in there, its as much "urban fashion" as it is "suburban fashion".  so no that doesnt work.  Nike is in no way shape or form exclusive, or more prevalent in urban markets

Last edited:

Pelle
Akademiks
Miskeen
Enyce
Sean John
Nike

one of these does not belong.  Just because people in urban environments wear it doesnt make it "urban fashion", nothing Nike has is remotely comparable to a Pelle leather.  And Pelle still sells tshirts and jeans too

Nike DOMINATES urban fashion. End of story. What makes something urban fashion then if not for urban people wearing it? Nike CATERS to the urban crowd. The urban crowd wears Nike. How you gonna tell me Nike isn't urban fashion?

Pelle
Akademiks
Miskeen
Enyce
Sean John
Nike

Nike DOMINATES urban fashion. End of story. What makes something urban fashion then if not for urban people wearing it? Nike CATERS to the urban crowd. The urban crowd wears Nike. How you gonna tell me Nike isn't urban fashion?
The suburban crowd doesnt wear Nike?

And Nike is a sportswear company that has a large command across several demographics.  That doesnt mean they're an urban fashion label.  If that were true, then Walmart would be the biggest urban fashion label out there 

Last edited:
Because cats in the hood wear it doesn't instantly make it urban fashion

So Gucci belts are urban fashion? Come on b...some of you can't be this slow.

Never seen one in baltimore. Couldn't pay me to wear that. Fashion from different regions is interesting because I'm sure ninja paid a grip for his while I wouldn't take the one he bought for free. Lol

Come on now :lol: :smh:

and if you want to put it in there, its as much "urban fashion" as it is "suburban fashion".  so no that doesnt work.  Nike is in no way shape or form exclusive, or more prevalent in urban markets

nike sweats. nike swingman, nike air force 1s circa 2000s, no? that's a whole outfit for you.

nike slippers, nike socks, nike basketball socks, nike headband. hell throw in a nike t-shirt. :lol:

sneakers are one of the most important aspects of urban fashion. and much more so than leather jackets. nike been had that game on lock and still does

nike sweats. nike swingman, nike air force 1s circa 2000s, no? that's a whole outfit for you.

nike slippers, nike socks, nike basketball socks, nike headband. hell throw in a nike t-shirt. :lol:

sneakers are one of the most important aspects of urban fashion. and much more so than leather jackets. nike been had that game on lock and still does

People in suburban markets dont wear Nike sweats and sneakers? Soccer moms rock thst stuff too

Because cats in the hood wear it doesn't instantly make it urban fashion

So Gucci belts are urban fashion? Come on b...some of you can't be this slow.

Does Gucci cater to the urban market? I'm talking about advertising, collaborations, sponsorships, community outreach, etc? No.

People in suburban markets dont wear Nike sweats and sneakers? Soccer moms rock thst stuff too

Did surburban people not wear ecko, rocawear, sean john, etc? Does that make those brands not urban anymore? :lol:

Does Gucci cater to the urban market? I'm talking about advertising, collaborations, sponsorships, community outreach, etc? No.

Nike doesn't cater to the urban market. They just make clothes/sneakers.

Nike tries to cater to everyone.

Just like they cater to people who run track or play basketball.

Who's going to wear Lebron's, younger people in to basketball. So they're going to show commercials during basketball games and sponsor events with young people.

I want to scan the Nike Spring/Summer and Fall/Winter merchant catalogs for yall, just to see how much "urban fashion" yall can pick out

Who's going to wear Lebron's, younger people in to basketball. So they're going to show commercials during basketball games and sponsor events with young people.

So collaborations and with hip hop artists and graffiti artists aren't attempts at catering to the urban crowd? really? That's aimed at the soccer moms right? :rolleyes

I want to scan the Nike Spring/Summer and Fall/Winter merchant catalogs for yall, just to see how much "urban fashion" yall can pick out
Homie I know an Ekin one of the last of the last ekin dude told me nike is pulling designers from fashion brands to target the streetwear/urban wear demographic with the destroyers the pants etc and various other articles of clothing

So collaborations and with hip hop artists and graffiti artists aren't attempts at catering to the urban crowd? really? That's aimed at the soccer moms right?
eyes.gif
sponsoring Rory Mcleroy and Tiger Woods is aimed at the urban fashion crowd right?

We can do this all day, because Nike is a brand that targets several different demographics

Back
Top Bottom