Penny 3's for ball?

Originally Posted by offbad

Originally Posted by Hardaway33

^^ Thanks fellas for the info. I just am looking for a good shoe that has air max in the heal and zoom in the forefoot. I think that I will have to try the soldier 4. They look promising.
try the retro KG III

i think it goes by Nike Air 3 LE these days.
How do these compare to the penny 3's?

Originally Posted by offbad

^^ Thanks fellas for the info. I just am looking for a good shoe that has air max in the heal and zoom in the forefoot. I think that I will have to try the soldier 4. They look promising.
try the retro KG III

i think it goes by Nike Air 3 LE these days.
How do these compare to the penny 3's?
much better IMO

lockdown is much better due to the more conventional lacing system

I love these shoes~ Had the OG. Fit is awesome, cushionling is great (air max heel and zoom forefoot). However, the circular pattern outsoles quickly wears out for outdoors and the knots of the laces always coming off.

you mean when you tie your shoes the knot comes loose? you could just be tying them wrong.

I gave up on my 3's and went with a different sneaker for ball. They now are for outdoor ball ( blacktop = death sentence) only. I just could not get good lockdown, and the toe box is too roomy too.

only complaint is the weight and the lockdown of the ankle...even when tied tight my ankle swims in shoe, i dont get a locked down ankle support feel, especially given its a mid top shoe

^^i got the penny 2s, even though we talking about the penny 3s. the 2s are alright except that the fit is kinda long if you get it true to size. I recommend you get those a half-size down, if possible. therefore, the lockdown really aint that good. and to be honest, i can barely feel the max air bubble in the retros since they changed it from the OGs, which i used to have. the one in the retros feels like a brick compared to the OGs
mad.gif
and i can't even feel the zoom in these either, except for a little hump on the edge. seems like they just threw a bunch of glue in that zoom spot too, that's probably why i cant feel it. betcha they did the same thing on the 3s too.

Originally Posted by shortyoscart

How do these fit....True to size?

Last is a bit narrow. Toe box is shallow.

Foampsite will stretch a little, but you might want to go half a size up from your true size if you have wide feet, or freaky bulbous toes like me.

I'm currently hooping in a pair and theyre definetely solid Bball shoes. I love the cushioning around the heel. Feels just right for my feet.... but thats just MY feet.

Originally Posted by mYKiCkZArEaG21

nike clearly stated a few times any shoes in a Nike Sportswear Box (brown box with all the logos) SHOULD NOT be used for anything but Sportswear (casual wear) use......... meaning there not going to perform like the originals...... so i recommend u dont ball in them
find me that statement...cuz it sounds ridiculous.

they feel just like my OG' penny III's....

traction is great
Lateral support and overall stability is awesome.
Ankle support is sub-par
cushioning is pretty good but the air max doesn't compare to OG max air
Fit is awesome except in the heel, my heel slid around a lot
the upper tends to bow up at the toe box also the laces are TOO LONG
breathability is pretty bad, and the weight is bad but the tradeoff with support and ft is great.
durability is great. I balled outdoors in them and the upper held up well except for the soles did not they wore out pretty quick
Overall its a pretty good for a shoe released back in 1998.

Back
Top Bottom